Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: will Alex Smith get his job back? / should he?

will Alex Smith get his job back? / should he?

yes / no

Baby Hands Smiff? lol, no.

All League
    its one game, better yet it hasn't even been a half

whatever happens they should trade one of them.

yes/no... but I mean during this season. No way Kaepernick suddenly gets the starting job this late in the year.

who's more likely to lead SF from 14-3 down 3rd Quarter in the NFC Divisionals?????

No, he won't replace Alex Smith this season. He was a rookie last year, learning behind a QB with a similar playing style. That's why he can step right into the offense and take over like he is today.

Let's see, if we had a #1 QB that could do that, it would be important to have a #2 QB that could slip into the same offense if #1 got hurt. That's one reason why Tebow couldn't be Peyton Manning's #2 QB - different offenses.

All League
    Yes and yes. No way in the world do the 9ers change QBs now. And when was the last time a QB with a 104 rating was benched for a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    No, he won't replace Alex Smith this season. He was a rookie last year, learning behind a QB with a similar playing style. That's why he can step right into the offense and take over like he is today.

Let's see, if we had a #1 QB that could do that, it would be important to have a #2 QB that could slip into the same offense if #1 got hurt. That's one reason why Tebow couldn't be Peyton Manning's #2 QB - different offenses.
    Among other things...

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Among other things...
    Sure, that's the truth
    Among a LOT of other things, actually!
    Still, we can disagree amiably about things.
    You're still my man

Sure, that's the truth
    Among a LOT of other things, actually!
    Still, we can disagree amiably about things.
    You're still my man
    Of course, lol. Just like how Demos and myself are on opposite ends of the Tebow debate, we're still friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    whatever happens they should trade one of them.
    Why? Colin is young and a likely future and Smith is a good fall back guy at the least. Not like he is making bucu bucks. The cap hit then signing his replacement doesn't save you a whole lot. It is not like anyone is giving up a high draft pick for a guy like him either. What can they get a 4th at best? I'd rather keep him as the BU.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yes and yes. No way in the world do the 9ers change QBs now. And when was the last time a QB with a 104 rating was benched for a backup?
    It wouldn't be the 1st time SF has benched a QB doing a OK job. They bench Hill for Smith when he was playing good as the starter with no WRs. Smith is a BU at best. Smith has been in the league for 7 years now and only has 3 game where he threw for over 300. He is not a very good QB. If you think Colin has a future why not?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Of course, lol. Just like how Demos and myself are on opposite ends of the Tebow debate, we're still friends.
    kumbaya lolololol! I wish everyone was as easy to disagree with as you are. That sounds funny - but you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It wouldn't be the 1st time SF has benched a QB doing a OK job. They bench Hill for Smith when he was playing good as the starter with no WRs. Smith is a BU at best. Smith has been in the league for 7 years now and only has 3 game where he threw for over 300. He is not a very good QB. If you think Colin has a future why not?
    The NFL is full of conservative owners, GMs, and coaches. Harbaugh is one of the more open-minded ones, but given the competitive position the 49ers are in, I would be shocked if even he would have the balls to make the switch and gamble on Kaepernick to bring them to the promised land. But what do I know! It's the NFL, crazy **** happens every week.

kumbaya lolololol! I wish everyone was as easy to disagree with as you are. That sounds funny - but you know what I mean
    lol, yeah. I'm fine with Tebow fans as long as they aren't crazily biased.

I think disagreements can be rather healthy. It builds the ability to seek common ground with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The NFL is full of conservative owners, GMs, and coaches. Harbaugh is one of the more open-minded ones, but given the competitive position the 49ers are in, I would be shocked if even he would have the balls to make the switch and gamble on Kaepernick to bring them to the promised land. But what do I know! It's the NFL, crazy **** happens every week.
    Well I don't think Smith is good enough to do it. Gambling on the more athletic QB gives them a better shot IMO. When you facing Eli, Rodgers, and Ryan in the POs 200 yard games isn't getting you far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well I don't think Smith is good enough to do it. Gambling on the more athletic QB gives them a better shot IMO. When you facing Eli, Rodgers, and Ryan in the POs 200 yard games isn't getting you far.
    I understand, Alex Smith pretty much sucks. But he's been efficient this year. If Harbaugh DOES pull the trigger after a single start in the NFL, and they win more games including playoff games, then he's a total genius. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I agree, I think its the kind of agressive move that could change the entire makeup of the team and force every NFC opponent to throw out their SF gameplan/tapes from the last 2 years.

I didnt watch much last night, but SF just looks like such a strong team, how in the world did they wind up tied with StLouis

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I didnt watch much last night, but SF just looks like such a strong team, how in the world did they wind up tied with StLouis
    I watched the stl-sf game, Colin did not look nearly as good as he did last night. Maybe it was nerves, but he was really inaccurate and missed a lot of throws, plus Akers missed a 41yd game winning FG.

He looked like a different guy last night, very impressive.