Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Drew Brees Donating $1 Million to Hurricane Sandy Relief

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,100

    Drew Brees Donating $1 Million to Hurricane Sandy Relief


  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,327
    I believe he's making something like $40 million this season. A milli is just a drop in the bucket to him. Though, it is a nice gesture.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,121
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I believe he's making something like $40 million this season. A milli is just a drop in the bucket to him. Though, it is a nice gesture.
    really? you're questioning a million dollar donation?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    really? you're questioning a million dollar donation?
    How the **** am I questioning it? All I'm saying $1 million is nothing to Brees, which speaks to just how incredibly wealthy he is. I then followed that up with "it is a nice gesture."

    lrn2read

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How the **** am I questioning it? All I'm saying $1 million is nothing to Brees, which speaks to just how incredibly wealthy he is. I then followed that up with "it is a nice gesture."

    lrn2read
    1 million dollars is not a "drop in the bucket." Maybe to Bill Gates.. not to Drew Brees. That's an impressive gesture.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    1 million dollars is not a "drop in the bucket." Maybe to Bill Gates.. not to Drew Brees. That's an impressive gesture.
    Tell Woody Johnson that. He only donated $500,000 and he lives in NY/NJ. He also donated more money to the Romney campaign.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    1 million dollars is not a "drop in the bucket." Maybe to Bill Gates.. not to Drew Brees. That's an impressive gesture.
    Not going to argue this, but I'd say it is to a man worth $100 million, not including his various sponsorships.

    Absolutely, it is impressive. Drew is one of the nicest and most giving players the NFL's ever seen.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Not going to argue this, but I'd say it is to a man worth $100 million, not including his various sponsorships.

    Absolutely, it is impressive. Drew is one of the nicest and most giving players the NFL's ever seen.
    I'm just saying. He finally got a huge contract so he's making about $20mm per year for 5 years (more like $12mm after taxes). One twelfth of yearly after tax dollars is certainly not going to break him, but I think drop in the bucket undervalues it that's all. (I understand he will get tax breaks on a donation.) Anyway Sanchez's cap # is 12.8 mil next year so.... there's that.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'm just saying. He finally got a huge contract so he's making about $20mm per year for 5 years (more like $12mm after taxes). One twelfth of yearly after tax dollars is certainly not going to break him, but I think drop in the bucket undervalues it that's all. (I understand he will get tax breaks on a donation.) Anyway Sanchez's cap # is 12.8 mil next year so.... there's that.
    Always a good note to end on, lol.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Always a good note to end on, lol.
    Ahhhh can't wait for the Jets to ruin Thanksgiving.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,632
    Drew Brees is a very classy & giving person. More people should be like.

    Great gesture Brees & I'm sure much appreciated for those that need the help.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I believe he's making something like $40 million this season. A milli is just a drop in the bucket to him. Though, it is a nice gesture.
    Quit while your behind. It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but he has no connection to this area meanwhile there plenty of millionaires on the Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Knicks who could also afford to give up 1 million dollars but don't.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Quit while your behind. It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but he has no connection to this area meanwhile there plenty of millionaires on the Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Knicks who could also afford to give up 1 million dollars but don't.
    Agreed. Brees is a classy guy...too bad our local stars didn't do something similar.

  14. #14
    Wow what an incredibly nice thing to do! There are multi-billionaires out there who didn't do anything like this... Did Bill Gates give a million dollars to the relief fund? NO. Lady Gaga is from Manhattan and made over $100 million dollars last year, did she give a million dollars to the fund? NO.


    Thank you Drew Brees! You are one hell of decent person, the world could use more people like you!

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,662
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I believe he's making something like $40 million this season. A milli is just a drop in the bucket to him. Though, it is a nice gesture.
    Seemed like a pretty backhanded compliment to me. Has this ****ing Jets franchise gotten us so bitter to the point that we can't appreciate something good for once?


    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Quit while your behind. It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but he has no connection to this area meanwhile there plenty of millionaires on the Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Knicks who could also afford to give up 1 million dollars but don't.
    Agreed. Brees gave double what the entire Jets organization donated, if I am not mistaken.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Agreed. Brees gave double what the entire Jets organization donated, if I am not mistaken.
    Yeah, but we have Revis to pay.

  17. #17
    Stand up guy. Every year there are multiple instances I'm glad the Dolphins' doctor at the time Brees was a free agent decided that Drew's career was pretty much done.

    Good call.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,999
    His foundation is making the donation so its not coming out of his pocket.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sandy-relief/

  19. #19
    This country needs more people like Drew Brees. Case closed.

  20. #20
    Class act.

    Mark Sanchez should go on a hunger strike and sleep in a FEMA trailer until his completion percentage gets above 50%.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us