Thread: Jets Speed

Jets Speed

Why don't the Jets try to beat NE at thier own game. Jets have Gates, Hill, and McNight. All speed guys. Why not spread them out and dink and dunk them to death the way the Pats use Edelman and Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Why don't the Jets try to beat NE at thier own game. Jets have Gates, Hill, and McNight. All speed guys. Why not spread them out and dink and dunk them to death the way the Pats use Edelman and Welker.
    Because our QB not accurate enough to consistently hit these type of throws. I think you saw what Sanchez does best vs the Rams, and that is throw the medium to long ball. We have two of the fastest guys in the league, play to their and the QB's strenghts.

What speed? Our fastest receiver can't catch a pass and the rest can't get separation. Forget about our running backs. The only way to add speed on the D is to sit scott, harris, pace and thomas. Speed, yeah right.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Because our QB not accurate enough to consistently hit these type of throws. I think you saw what Sanchez does best vs the Rams, and that is throw the medium to long ball. We have two of the fastest guys in the league, play to their and the QB's strenghts.
    Bingo. Sanchez was at his best Sunday. Throwing 25 times or less with a good running game. That is what he is.

I know the key to beating NE is via the pass but we need to run in order for Sanchez to pass effectively. And he has trouble with those shorter "feel" or "touch" throws so it is unlikely for us to dink and dunk all game. It will be hard for us to win with him throwing 40 passes.

All League
    Our QB and OC are not wicked smaahart.