Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets -11.20.12

Jets News & Tweets -11.20.12

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
    Rex Ryan said the 3 RB rotation #Jets had in St. Louis is their "ideal scenario." #nyj

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Jason Hill won't practice with a low back. Ellis, Sione, Berry, McKnight among those limited #jets #nyj

Rex said #jets are looking into when J Hill's low back issue popped up. Per source, he got MRI yesterday #jets

If Kerley is 100 percent, he's the punt returner, Rex said. #jets #nyj

#Jets have waived LB Marcus Dowtin, who didn't travel with the team last week to St. Louis. #nyj

Per @RichCimini, roster is at 51.
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-20-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Veteran
    Damn. I like dowtin. Hopefully they bring him back on the PS

All League
    Unless we're bringing in someone from outside, it looks like 2 out of :

Antonio Allen
    Donnie Fletcher
    Jordan White

are getting called up from the PS

Jets RapidReports @CBSJets
    Kyle Wilson returned punts against the Rams only because Jeremy Kerley had a heel and hamstring injury. Kerley will return punts if healthy.

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73
    Looking at NFL leaders after Week 11, #Jets' Joe McKnight third in NFL, 2nd in AFC with 29.9 KOR avg. Ravens' JJones leads with 37.4

#Jets actually lead in a statistical category they'd prefer not to: Shonn Greene has an AFC-leading 3 offensive fumble recoveries.

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
    #Patriots have gone 16-2 in Nov, Dec, Jan last two years, losing first wk of Nov each season.

Just an abstract statistic:

Bob Glauber @BobGlauber
    The 45 interception return TDs through Week 11 are the most at this point in a season since the 1970 NFL merger. (Confirmed by @NFLHistory).

Not Jets related, but there is a SCHISM is SanFran: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...eper-for-smith

Vernon Davis reportedly said he felt "like the handcuffs were taken off" of him with Kaepernick under center.

R.I.P Alex Smiff's career.

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    After Pats, the Jets face only one team in top 20 on offense (bills). Cards and Jags are bottom 2 in NFL. Jets next 2 opponents.

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer
    Curtis Martin on NFL AM, talking on starting Tebow: "Personally, maybe, because he is there and I believe in giving guys an opportunity."

Kimberly A. Martin @KMart_LI
    Curtis Martin on NFL AM: When (Rex) feels Mark (Sanchez) has taken the team as far as he can take the team, he will make that change." #nyj

Does HOFer Curtis Martin think #jets can make playoffs? "I hope. I am always going to bet on the Jets...and I am going to say yes." #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    After watching wide receiver Plaxico Burress workout today, the Pittsburgh Steelers plan to sign him.

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    On if the loss of Gronk will affect them: "We'll see, I Duno," Belichick said. "We'll see." #jets #nyj

Belichick said he's seeing more of Eric Smith in recent weeks in the secondary. "Scheme wise they still mix it up." #jets #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-20-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Somethings up with Dowtin....kid showed promise, doesn't make trip to St Louis, and now is cut

Do we possibly have "the source" from Mehta's article?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Somethings up with Dowtin....kid showed promise, doesn't make trip to St Louis, and now is cut

Do we possibly have "the source" from Mehta's article?
    I doubt it. The kid is a tweener, not big enough to play LB and too small for a safety. He doesnt really have a true position. It looks like they are giving Sapp every opportunity to show what he has right now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I doubt it. The kid is a tweener, not big enough to play LB and too small for a safety. He doesnt really have a true position. It looks like they are giving Sapp every opportunity to show what he has right now.
    Or he's injured and they'd rather just re-stash him on the PS?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Or he's injured and they'd rather just re-stash him on the PS?
    I'll be surprised if he gets re signed to the PS...time will tell

In last 5 games, #Jets' Mo Wilkerson has: 37 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 PDs, 3 FFs and a fumble recovery he returned 21 yards for a TD.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    At this point its really hard to read these moves from the CS since their developing of young players is extremely bad. Draft picks are going to have to do it on their own and be monsters from college and not expect any real good coaching to bring them up. CS and scouting is horrible here.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    In last 5 games, #Jets' Mo Wilkerson has: 37 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 PDs, 3 FFs and a fumble recovery he returned 21 yards for a TD.
    Bust, just like Coples. He wasn't good enough his rookie season, bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bust, just like Coples. He wasn't good enough his rookie season, bust.
    Exactly. People expect guys to be going into the HoF right after they get drafted. It's crazy.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    The Jets have waived WR Jason Hill. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Roster at 50. Jets could sign WR Royce Pollard from practice squad. Also could add CB. Only 4 CBs on roster, including Berry (quad).

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    #Jets haven't signed any ex-Pats yet, and Pats haven't signed any ex-Jets. What's happened to this rivalry? "Paging Deion Branch?"

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Jones, Mankins and Gronkowski didn't practice today. If Jones and Mankins couldn't go in the walkthrough, doubt they play Thursday.
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.