Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets -11.20.12

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @caplannfl: Cardinals waived OLB Jamaal Westerman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Landry hopes to remain a Jet: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- One of the teams that expressed interest in LaRon Landr... http://t.co/oppQcbGR #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bust, just like Coples. He wasn't good enough his rookie season, bust.
    Little early to call Coples a bust no????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Little early to call Coples a bust no????
    He's being sarcastic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @caplannfl: Cardinals waived OLB Jamaal Westerman.
    liked westerman and he contributed on special teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's being sarcastic.
    OH.....my bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Landry hopes to remain a Jet: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- One of the teams that expressed interest in LaRon Landr... http://t.co/oppQcbGR #nyj
    There are very few things all Jets fan agree on but I think keeping Landry is one of them. After all the drama about losing out on Reggie Nelson and 'settling' for Landry, I think it turned out rather nicely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
    Rex Ryan said the 3 RB rotation #Jets had in St. Louis is their "ideal scenario." #nyj

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Jason Hill won't practice with a low back. Ellis, Sione, Berry, McKnight among those limited #jets #nyj

Rex said #jets are looking into when J Hill's low back issue popped up. Per source, he got MRI yesterday #jets

If Kerley is 100 percent, he's the punt returner, Rex said. #jets #nyj

#Jets have waived LB Marcus Dowtin, who didn't travel with the team last week to St. Louis. #nyj

Per @RichCimini, roster is at 51.
    When are they going to waive scott?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    There are very few things all Jets fan agree on but I think keeping Landry is one of them. After all the drama about losing out on Reggie Nelson and 'settling' for Landry, I think it turned out rather nicely.
    Landry's done a great job for us, best safety we've had since the 2004 version of Kerry Rhodes (obviously a very different type of player though). Wish we could've had Revis, Cro, Landry and Bell together for an entire season, maybe next year.

Landry could make himself a real fan favorite if he lays someone out on Thursday, like Welker. Hitting Brady while coming in on a zone blitz would be even better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Landry's done a great job for us, best safety we've had since the 2004 version of Kerry Rhodes (obviously a very different type of player though). Wish we could've had Revis, Cro, Landry and Bell together for an entire season, maybe next year.

Landry could make himself a real fan favorite if he lays someone out on Thursday, like Welker. Hitting Brady while coming in on a zone blitz would be even better.
    Cue the outrage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

He already IS a favorite for this fan, lol. You gotta love how old school Landry is. Just a good, old fashioned ass-kicker. No frills, no nonsense. Just hard hits.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He already IS a favorite for this fan, lol. You gotta love how old school Landry is. Just a good, old fashioned ass-kicker. No frills, no nonsense. Just hard hits.
    +27. Love the guy. At times, I keep thinking that it would be better if slowed down just a bit and tried to tackle guys instead of flying in and trying to destroy them, as he's prone to whiffing now and then. But, that might take away his edge.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    +27. Love the guy. At times, I keep thinking that it would be better if slowed down just a bit and tried to tackle guys instead of flying in and trying to destroy them, as he's prone to whiffing now and then. But, that might take away his edge.
    True. I love his frustration when a guy gets up from his hits, though. You can just see him clap his hands in anger and shout "****!".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    True. I love his frustration when a guy gets up from his hits, though. You can just see him clap his hands in anger and shout "****!".
    hahhah, Stay down Biatch !@!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahhah, Stay down Biatch !@!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU WONT LIKE HIM WHEN HE'S ANGRY!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU WONT LIKE HIM WHEN HE'S ANGRY!

Hahahah, I had forgotten about that pic.

People can ***** about Tanny/Rex all they want, but Landry and Bell were huge pickups this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahah, I had forgotten about that pic.

People can ***** about Tanny/Rex all they want, but Landry and Bell were huge pickups this offseason.
    Big time. They are excellent players with big time physicality, especially LARON SMASH. Hopefully SMASH is showing Cro Show how to lay a dude out on the turf.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big time. They are excellent players with big time physicality, especially LARON SMASH. Hopefully SMASH is showing Cro Show how to lay a dude out on the turf.
    Seems that Revis is having a big effect on Cro.

NY Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie elevates play after inspiring chat with Darrelle Revis

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2Cpo1S1uH

ntonio Cromartie has noticeably elevated his play since Darrelle Revis was lost for the season, but Cromartie said it was a conversation he had with Revis, not the ACL injury, that pushed him to new heights.

On the plane ride home after a Week 2 loss to Pittsburgh, Revis laid down his expectations for Cromartie as a teammate.

“Before he even got hurt, we had a conversation, saying I need to play at a high level. It took for him to come talk to me as a peer, to make me understand, we can have one of the greatest one-two punches at corner,” Cromartie said. “I honestly thank Revis for . . . coming to talk to me, being a great teammate and making sure I’m playing at a high level.

“We expect so much out of each other. We always talk, but it was a different conversation,” Cromartie added.

Revis tore his ACL the next week in Miami.

“It shouldn’t have took for Revis to go down for me to be playing at a very high level,” Cromartie said. “I think I took for granted having Revis on the other side.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2Cpo8q4jV

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems that Revis is having a big effect on Cro.
    I find it hard to not like Cro Show. Dude is a straight up BALLER.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it hard to not like Cro Show. Dude is a straight up BALLER.
    Yep yep.