Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets/Pats Injury Report

Jets/Pats Injury Report

Sadly, the Jets have little chance of beating a full strength Pats club, but as luck would have it, several critical players to the Pats success may be out or limited on Thursday night. Gronk is out, and it is looking like Chandler Jones will be out too. Here are more details.

Since the Patriots and Jets play on Thursday night, they are required to submit injury reports on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

However, since both teams played on Sunday, neither had an actual practice today - the Jets did hold a walkthrough - so their reports today are mostly hypothetical.

If the Patriots had practiced, Rob Gronkowski (listed as forearm/hip), Chandler Jones (ankle) and Logan Mankins (ankle/calf) would not have participated.

Jets WR Jason Hill (low back) did not participate in his team's walkthrough.

For the Patriots
    Did not participate
    TE Rob Gronkowski - forearm/hip
    DE Chandler Jones - ankle
    G Logan Mankins - ankle/calf

Limited participation
    DT Ron Brace - elbow
    S Patrick Chung - shoulder
    G Dan Connolly - back
    S Steve Gregory - hip
    TE Aaron Hernandez - ankle
    LB Dont'a Hightower - hamstring
    WR Brandon Lloyd - knee
    OL Nick McDonald - shoulder
    DE Trevor Scott - hamstring
    LB Brandon Spikes - knee
    OT Sebastian Vollmer - back/knee
    WR Wes Welker - ankle
    LB Tracy White - foot

Full participation
    WR Julian Edelman - hand
    DT Kyle Love - knee
    LB Jerod Mayo - elbow

For the Jets
    Did not participate
    WR Jason Hill - low back

Limited participation
    DB Aaron Berry - quad
    DL Kenrick Ellis - knee
    WR Jeremy Kerley - heel/hamstring
    RB Joe McKnight - ankle
    DL Sione Pouha - low back
    LB Bart Scott - toe

Full participation
    TE Jeff Cumberland - wrist
    DL Mike DeVito - finger
    WR Clyde Gates - shoulder
    WR Stephen Hill - ankle
    DB LaRon Landry - heel
    OL Nick Mangold - thumb
    OL Brandon Moore - hip/foot
    LB Calvin Pace - shoulder
    RB Bilal Powell - shoulder
    QB Mark Sanchez - low back
    OL Matt Slauson - knee
    QB Tim Tebow - ribs
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...2_the_rar.html

While all the attention of the last few days has been placed on Rob Gronkowsi’s injury situation, it shouldn’t be forgotten that an equally important situation has emerged on the other side of the ball.

Rookie defensive end Chandler Jones is nursing an ankle injury suffered in the first half of Sunday’s game against the Colts, and his status for Thursday’s game against the New York Jets is in question.

The Patriots did not hold practice Monday, though the team was forced to issue a hypothetical practice report. The team listed Jones as if he didn’t participate.

Jones’ situation appeared somewhat bleak Sunday. He left the field in the first half, retreated to the locker room and then later re-emerged with his ankle heavily taped. Jones did not come back to the field after halftime.

The nature of the injury is not currently known
    http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...s_for_new.html

I think Mankins is out. He was in a walking boot last week.

Jones, probably out.

Gronk out

Most of the other guys on limited, I think will play. I think Hernandez, Conley, and Chung are back this week and most of the other guys are dinged up but will play...just my guess though.

Is Mankins really out? Someone posted the Pats had 2 injuries on the offensive line, who is the other one?

Losing interior lineman is a big deal as coples and wilkerson are our best dlineman right now and both have played quite a bit on the "inside".

It could be an opportunity to generate pressure with 304 players and drop more into coverage.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4692498]Sadly, the Jets have little chance of beating a full strength Pats club, but as luck would have it, several critical players to the Pats success may be out or limited on Thursday night. Gronk is out, and it is looking like Chandler Jones will be out too.

What the hell is with the setup of this article.
    The Pats weren't full strength a few weeks back when a Hill drop saved their azzes?
    Not saying the Jets are gonna win but come on, if that game didn't prove that they CAN win what will?
    Greene was the only healthy back as McKnight was hobbled by a high ankle sprain.
    Kerley was doubtful earlier in the week leading up to that game.
    I think the worst injury for the Jets heading into this game is the loss of Truffant who did a stellar job on Welker in that 1st game.
    I'm hoping Landry gets a shot at either Welker or Edelman on one of those short crossing routes.
    Jets defenders need to send a message Thursday night to put a little bit of fear into those little smurfs including Woodhead.

Connolly was the second. I think he'll be back. Mankins injury looked pretty bad last week. I can see them holding him out for another week or two min.

I think Connolly's back this week but I'm guessing.

On Sunday, both guards were out (Mankins and Connolly)

Just for note, they did quite well against Freeny and Mathis... that doesn't mean the Jets won't have better success but they did hold their own Sunday.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 11-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Jets have all kinds of players on IR
    Revis
    Holmes
    Baker
    Cumberland?
    Truffant
    Probably more

I'll be interested in seeing if my predictions of Chandler having injury problems turn out correct. His brothers have injury issues, and he did in college.

All League
    Little chance? we should have and almost did beat them a few weeks ago.

Connolly and Mankins were out last time as well. Mankins started but hurt his ankle on the opening series... if they're both out this time, it is probably going to be the same lineup as last time.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sadly, the Jets have little chance of beating a full strength Pats club, but as luck would have it, several critical players to the Pats success may be out or limited on Thursday night. Gronk is out, and it is looking like Chandler Jones will be out too.

What the hell is with the setup of this article.
    The Pats weren't full strength a few weeks back when a Hill drop saved their azzes?
    Not saying the Jets are gonna win but come on, if that game didn't prove that they CAN win what will?
    Greene was the only healthy back as McKnight was hobbled by a high ankle sprain.
    Kerley was doubtful earlier in the week leading up to that game.
    I think the worst injury for the Jets heading into this game is the loss of Truffant who did a stellar job on Welker in that 1st game.
    I'm hoping Landry gets a shot at either Welker or Edelman on one of those short crossing routes.
    Jets defenders need to send a message Thursday night to put a little bit of fear into those little smurfs including Woodhead.
    They weren't at full strength, but they had Gronk and Mankins, those two are big, especially Gronk.

On a short week, it's usually the offenses that prosper as players have less time to recover, usually more stress on the defense. No Gronk and Mankins is big against the Pats passing game.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-20-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Connolly was the second. I think he'll be back. Mankins injury looked pretty bad last week. I can see them holding him out for another week or two min.

Just for note, they did quite well against Freeny and Mathis... that doesn't mean the Jets won't have better success but they did hold their own Sunday.
    The Pats tackles are playing really well, and brady is excellent at feeling outside rush and stepping up in the pocket - kind of a good matchup for freeney and mathis.

The only time brady struggles is pressure up the middle, which hopefully is something wilkerson and coples can make happen

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets have all kinds of players on IR
    Revis
    Holmes
    Baker
    Cumberland?
    Truffant
    Probably more
    Cumberland is back now, but has been a deco since returning after the bye, I'd like to see him back in the passing game, he's coming off of a wrist injury

Baker was such a big loss, nobody talks about it, and I understand why, but I'm convinced he was going to be a big part of the offense, Sparano raved about him, and he loves the FB who can receive in an H-back role.

Trufant being out hurts, it looks like the Jets are going to bring in some db depth with Trufant out and Berry being banged up.

Aaron Hernandez will definitely play, but no Chandler Jones would certainly help a lot.

Freeney and Mathis are outside players, the interior of the Colts DL sucks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Little chance? we should have and almost did beat them a few weeks ago.
    The Jets lost that game. There are no moral victories in the NFL.

Including that win over the Jets, Pats are 4-0 and the Jets 1-3.

Easy win for the Pats Thurs night.

All Pro
    Here's hoping that Ellis really didn't re-injure his knee and he'll be at full strength. Pouha looked pretty good, but not near what he was last year. It will be great to have them both healthy, freeing up Wilkerson one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Freeney and Mathis are outside players, the interior of the Colts DL sucks.
    I agree. What was encouraging though was that they won their one on one matchups. That doesn't mean they will win every one this week but it's the same guys who played against the Jets last time because Mankins got hurt right away last game against the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets lost that game. There are no moral victories in the NFL.

Including that win over the Jets, Pats are 4-0 and the Jets 1-3.

Easy win for the Pats Thurs night.
    Who was the idiot talking about losing 3 games by 4 points earlier in the year?

All Pro
    I agree. What was encouraging though was that they won their one on one matchups. That doesn't mean they will win every one this week but it's the same guys who played against the Jets last time because Mankins got hurt right away last game against the Jets.
    Yes, but he was up against Devito playing NT.

Hmm. Guards were out yet the replacements did a good job against Freeney and Mathis. You do know that Freeney and Mathis line up against tackles, right? So what you said isn't relevant to the discussion.