Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Atl Waives Ray Edwards

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Atl Waives Ray Edwards

Atlanta waived defensive end Ray Edwards apparently after he refused to join a team huddle after a game.

Espn also mentioned:

They also were willing to swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake last year when they signed Edwards to a five-year, $27.5 million contract with $11 million in guaranteed money. They’ll still take a $4.65 million salary-cap hit for Edwards next season, but he had been scheduled to count more than $7 million toward the cap.

I believe Holmes cap hit is larger then what they will swallow with Edwards, but still, this is what we shoudl do with holmes. I dont care how talented he is, bad guys do far worse damage to a team then they do help on the field. Same with the lions and Titus Young...that team has injuries at WR, and desperately needs wins, but no one is bigger then the team.

I hope we clean up the locer room as much as possible this offseason

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Atlanta waived defensive end Ray Edwards apparently after he refused to join a team huddle after a game.

Espn also mentioned:

They also were willing to swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake last year when they signed Edwards to a five-year, $27.5 million contract with $11 million in guaranteed money. They’ll still take a $4.65 million salary-cap hit for Edwards next season, but he had been scheduled to count more than $7 million toward the cap.

I believe Holmes cap hit is larger then what they will swallow with Edwards, but still, this is what we shoudl do with holmes. I dont care how talented he is, bad guys do far worse damage to a team then they do help on the field. Same with the lions and Titus Young...that team has injuries at WR, and desperately needs wins, but no one is bigger then the team.

I hope we clean up the locer room as much as possible this offseason
    Disagree. Edwards wasnt producing. Holmes is still our biggest weapon and in his 2.5+ seasons here he has made the game winning play in the 4th quarter or OT in I believe 7 games and counting. Despite being a headcase, he is clutch. The headcase issue is not as pronounced now since Schotty is no longer here. If Holmes didnt throw his antics late last season, then Schotty would still be our coordinator.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Disagree. Edwards wasnt producing. Holmes is still our biggest weapon and in his 2.5+ seasons here he has made the game winning play in the 4th quarter or OT in I believe 7 games and counting. Despite being a headcase, he is clutch. The headcase issue is not as pronounced now since Schotty is no longer here. If Holmes didnt throw his antics late last season, then Schotty would still be our coordinator.
    Holmes is just overpaid. The team can deal with everything else. He wants to win bad and that isn't the worst thing in the world. I can name 10-12 other players on this team I'd cut ties and take a cap hit before him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, you're only nine days late.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Congrats, you're only nine days late.
    9 days late or not.....

This is the first I've heard of this.

But that said, I'd stick with Holmes only because he contributes when he's on the field, unlike *RAY* Edwards(not Braylon. )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol wow this is old news