Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss in New England especially painful now!

Loss in New England especially painful now!

Forget the fact that everyone here wants everyone fired just that one game could have changed the entire season.
    Jets would have been 5-5 coming into this Thursday.
    Patriots would have been 6-4.

Imagine if you will the Jets win on Thursday
    Both teams would have been tied in the standings with the Patriots having to still play Miami twice, the 49ers & the Texans!
    While Jets get Cards, chargers, Titans, Jags & Bills, while finally having all of their running backs, Cumberland, & Keller back while the Pats have Gronk out, might have Chandler Jones with a Gimpy ankle for the rest of the season.

If there ever was a game vs the Pats that we gave away that could have changed an entire season & believe or not might have made this a fight to the finish for the AFC east title, that game was it.
    Ouch!

And if Dan Carpenter hit a 40-something yard FG against us, we'd be 3-7 and talking about 2013 right now.

Parcells always said you are what your record says you are...

Rookie
    Imagine if you will had the Pats won a couple of their one or 2 point losses!

8-2 or 9-1

If only

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    And if Dan Carpenter hit a 40-something yard FG against us, we'd be 3-7 and talking about 2013 right now.

And if Sanchez had not thrown a stupid pick in the end zone we would have been ahead anyway.
    The point is that the Patriots have won this division forever & that was the 1st game I can remember in along time that every Pats fan I ran into that week thought the Jets should have won that game.
    I live in New England, that was a 1st usually Pats fans never concede defeat in any way shape or form.
    That's why that game stung like a biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

8-2 or 9-1

If only
    Enjoy another playoff loss this year & one year being closer to Brady retiring
    0-8 since spygate
    Hey it rhymes

???

Enjoy being 0 for....how many years now? 44? Not sure why you're talking smack about the playoffs.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Enjoy another playoff loss this year & one year being closer to Brady retiring
    0-8 since spygate
    Hey it rhymes
    I enjoy the Patriots being competitive in just about every game they play.

I enjoy them winning the AFC East

I enjoy them actually PLAYING in the playoffs just about every year this past decade.

I enjoyed them winning the AFCC game 5 times this decade.

I enjoyed the 5 Super Bowl Appearences.

I REALLY enjoyed the 3 Super Bowl wins.

I guess you could say I REALLY have enjoyed Patriot football these past 11 years.

Guess I'm a glass half FULL type of Patriot fan.

So, How has this past decade been for Jet fans ? Looks like it's turned a few fans here into Patriot haters and a few more are just bitter and are waiting for BB and Brady to retire. That's no way to go thru life

I enjoy them actually PLAYING in the playoffs just about every year this past decade.

I guess you could say I REALLY have enjoyed Patriot football these past 11 years.

So, How has this past decade been for Jet fans ? Looks like it's turned a few fans here into Patriot haters and a few more are just bitter and are waiting for BB and Brady to retire. That's no way to go thru life
    while that may all be true Tom Faggy still chooses to live in New York.

Forget the fact that everyone here wants everyone fired just that one game could have changed the entire season.

Both teams would have been tied in the standings with the Patriots having to still play Miami twice, the 49ers & the Texans!
    While Jets get Cards, chargers, Titans, Jags & Bills, while finally having all of their running backs, Cumberland, & Keller back while the Pats have Gronk out, might have Chandler Jones with a Gimpy ankle for the rest of the season.

If there ever was a game vs the Pats that we gave away that could have changed an entire season & believe or not might have made this a fight to the finish for the AFC east title, that game was it.
    Ouch!
    Get over it, we choked that game away just like the Houston game, we are 4-6 for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    while that may all be true Tom Faggy still chooses to live in New York.
    Sold it over a year ago. No longer in NY.

I enjoy telling you that you're a douche.

Makes my day

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

If the Bra fits, Wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Was that Eli's size 13 Cleat sticking out of Tom's Butt

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Ouch!
    Imagine if you will if we beat Miami and Seattle.

How has this past decade been for Jet fans ?
    Better, for the most part, than the previous 30 years, with an exception for Super Bowl III of course.

Looks like it's turned a few fans here into Patriot haters
    Says a Pats fan, on a Jets Board, who is obviously looking to get a reaction.

You're the most successful of our rivals. Of course we hate you.

Hell, I still hate the Colts, and they havn't been in our division in years.

just bitter and are waiting for BB and Brady to retire.
    It will be very interesting to see how the Pats do after the Belli/Brady Era ends.

You're not going to pretend you have confidence things will stay the same are you? If so, you're more full of bluster than most Jets fans.

8-2 or 9-1

If only
    Its not really the same, although I agree in most cases it is. That game was not decided by a play here or there that could have gone either way. It was decided by the refs on two blatantly bad calls that were borderline collusion/fixing of games.

I mean how the heck does a kickoff return with a fumble and a fumble recovery in bounds take 6 freakin seconds? I guess it is possible when the clock starts moving when the returner is at the 8 yard line.

And then the mother of all calls (which I admit I have not seen in all my years of watching football) is a ref standing literally right over a play and not calling a PI penalty but another ref no exagerration standing 25.5 yards (76.5 feet) does call a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

Was Parcells including games in that statement that were decided by collusion between the refs and the opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    If the Bra fits, Wear it.

Yep.

That's ok. Pats fans can empathize with us when it comes to game-blowing drops.