Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss in New England especially painful now!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Was Parcells including games in that statement that were decided by collusion between the refs and the opponent?
    Did the refs make Sanchez underthrow Hill, screw up a handoff to Greene, and eat a sack-fumble on the last play? Maybe you should file a lawsuit on Mark's behalf, he'd love to get those negative plays removed from his statsheet....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Its not really the same, although I agree in most cases it is. That game was not decided by a play here or there that could have gone either way. It was decided by the refs on two blatantly bad calls that were borderline collusion/fixing of games.

I mean how the heck does a kickoff return with a fumble and a fumble recovery in bounds take 6 freakin seconds? I guess it is possible when the clock starts moving when the returner is at the 8 yard line.

And then the mother of all calls (which I admit I have not seen in all my years of watching football) is a ref standing literally right over a play and not calling a PI penalty but another ref no exagerration standing 25.5 yards (76.5 feet) does call a penalty.
    That call was effing ridiculous & makes me question the validity of some of the refs in the NFL.
    Not only was the call made not by the guy 2 feet away, the guy 25 yards away threw the flag 5 seconds after the play was over & was coaxed by Belichick & the Patriots bench.
    It was sickening & something I have never ever seen watching football for over 44 years?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    That call was effing ridiculous & makes me question the validity of some of the refs in the NFL.
    Not only was the call made not by the guy 2 feet away, the guy 25 yards away threw the flag 5 seconds after the play was over & was coaxed by Belichick & the Patriots bench.
    It was sickening & something I have never ever seen watching football for over 44 years?
    Really? Because the same thing happened earlier in 4th quarter in the same game. The ref next to the play kept his flag in his pocket and the ref 45+ feet away threw a bogus flag on Lloyd for pushing off.

And as to the time keeping. Watch the replay, in OT the clock doesn't start until McKnight hits the 7 yd. line. Same thing happened a few times earlier in the game , too.

The refs sucked for both teams that game. Happens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy another playoff loss this year & one year being closer to Brady retiring
    0-8 since spygate
    Hey it rhymes
    If only the Pats fans were lucky enough to be Jets fans. Pats fans are stuck right now debating whether they will get a first round bye or get the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs with Brady having another MVP caliber season.

Meanwhile., Jets fans are spoiled in that they are lucky enough to contemplate when, if ever, they are going to get a true franchise QB. You guys don't have to concern yourselves with the boring playoffs when you got to look forward to the true excitement of the NFL when the Jets blow up the team this offseason and rebuild again.

Mediocre QB+Potential .500 or worse season + Rebuilding in 2013 >>>>>HOF QB+Virtually locking up the division in November+Still a few more years of potentially being a top team = Jets Win!

Seriously, I don't get Jets fans trash talking about the Pats' playoff record. The Pats have made it to the Super Bowl twice since Spygate. Two more times than the Jets have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    If only the Pats fans were lucky enough to be Jets fans. Pats fans are stuck right now debating whether they will get a first round bye or get the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs with Brady having another MVP caliber season.

Meanwhile., Jets fans are spoiled in that they are lucky enough to contemplate when, if ever, they are going to get a true franchise QB. You guys don't have to concern yourselves with the boring playoffs when you got to look forward to the true excitement of the NFL when the Jets blow up the team this offseason and rebuild again.

Mediocre QB+Potential .500 or worse season + Rebuilding in 2013 >>>>>HOF QB+Virtually locking up the division in November+Still a few more years of potentially being a top team = Jets Win!

Seriously, I don't get Jets fans trash talking about the Pats' playoff record. The Pats have made it to the Super Bowl twice since Spygate. Two more times than the Jets have.
    Just let us have something, damn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised you say that because I've become used to the late PI flag getting thrown by the ref 30 yards away in a crucial spot in a pivotal game that costs us the game. We have always been one of the teams that gets no respect from the refs, to me its the same old shlt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The door is that way A$$hole👉

Get the fvck out, you are on a JETS fan messageboard, DOUCHEBAG!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if Sanchez had not thrown a stupid pick in the end zone we would have been ahead anyway.
    The point is that the Patriots have won this division forever & that was the 1st game I can remember in along time that every Pats fan I ran into that week thought the Jets should have won that game.
    I live in New England, that was a 1st usually Pats fans never concede defeat in any way shape or form.
    That's why that game stung like a biatch.
    Sanchez gave the defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds to kill and they blew it.

Twice.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sanchez gave the defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds to kill and they blew it.

Twice.

SAR I
    The defense then held the Pats to a FG in overtime, we got the ball back needing a TD to win or a FG to tie, and Sanchez blew it when he tried to get cute.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Twice.

SAR I
    I was posting about the pick he threw in Miami.
    Jets should have had an early 14 point lead in that game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The defense then held the Pats to a FG in overtime, we got the ball back needing a TD to win or a FG to tie, and Sanchez blew it when he tried to get cute.
    1. Never should have been in OT.

2. The OL broke down as usual on that play.

Mark got us 13 points in the 4th quarter, two drives ate up 10 minutes of clock to rest the defense and they blew it.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was posting about the pick he threw in Miami.
    Jets should have had an early 14 point lead in that game.
    Gotcha.

Ugly win, about as bad as it gets.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Never should have been in OT.

2. The OL broke down as usual on that play.

Mark got us 13 points in the 4th quarter, two drives ate up 10 minutes of clock to rest the defense and they blew it.

SAR I

Doesn't change the fact that in OT, Mark had the ball in his hands to go down and tie or win he game, and he fumbled the chance away.

If he had protected the ball and taken the sack, it would have been 3rd and 17, but in a 2 down situation.

I'm sure you have been watching football for quite some time. How often is the question asked "Did they leave too much time for Brady" ? He had 1:47 to go about 50 yards to set up a FG. The dude has 37 game winning drives. He's good at it and very difficult to stop.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    The door is that way A$$hole👉

Get the fvck out, you are on a JETS fan messageboard, DOUCHEBAG!!!
    Translation:

"You are 100% correct. I have no rebuttal. I will throw stupid insults instead. Better to act tough while being stupid than being just stupid."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Translation:

"You are 100% correct. I have no rebuttal. I will throw stupid insults instead. Better to act tough while being stupid than being just stupid."
    Even your dad says to go fvck yourself

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised you say that because I've become used to the late PI flag getting thrown by the ref 30 yards away in a crucial spot in a pivotal game that costs us the game. We have always been one of the teams that gets no respect from the refs, to me its the same old shlt.
    I have never seen a play along the sidelines (obviously a guy 25 yards away) can't see along the sidelines, especially OVERRULE the Ref that's right on top of the play! NEVER!
    EVER, have seen a PI or holding call in that scenario.

Say what you will, I watched that game with a room full of Pats fans (A large party) & to a man they were laughing at the idiocy of how late the call was & how far the guy was from the play.
    They didn't complain but they were "oh that sucks for u"
    They knew that call kept them alive
    It was a GAME CHANGING BAD CALL ON A 3RD DOWN!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen a play along the sidelines (obviously a guy 25 yards away) can't see along the sidelines, especially OVERRULE the Ref that's right on top of the play! NEVER!

Say what you will, I watched that game with a room full of Pats fans (A large party) & to a man they were laughing at the idiocy of how late the call was & how far the guy was from the play.
    I agree with how ridiculous of a call it was but its happened many times in my life as a Jet fan that I can remember, we always get the short end of the stick...😢

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you've never seen it ever, then you didn't watch the game closely. The same thing happened against the Pats TWICE that game. Check out around the 5:30 mark in the 4th Qtr. and you'll see a flag thrown for a bogus push off on Lloyd. The ref right on top of the play does nothing. The flag comes from 45+ feet away. Doesn't make the other call right, but it's not one sided as all Jets fans have claimed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even your dad says to go fvck yourself
    Maybe I should call Mike Tannebaum on advice on how to f myself. The Jets have been f'ing themselves for decades. They are experts at it by now.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Rob just took a dump right in Jetster's kitchen, and stuck Jetster's face in it. What a verbal beatdown.