Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The x-factor against the Pats

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The x-factor against the Pats

This is not your normal game. Rather, it's a Thursday game, 4 days after both teams last played. While Brady is obviously having a much better stretch/season/career than Sanchez, he has one major disadvantage this week: his age and its effect on recovery. Can his body recover as quickly as a quarterback 10 years younger? Not a chance. Look for Brady to be stiff and not have his best game. He throws 2 INT's and I guarantee a win.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    This is not your normal game. Rather, it's a Thursday game, 4 days after both teams last played. While Brady is obviously having a much better stretch/season/career than Sanchez, he has one major disadvantage this week: his age and its effect on recovery. Can his body recover as quickly as a quarterback 10 years younger? Not a chance. Look for Brady to be stiff and not have his best game. He throws 2 INT's and I guarantee a win.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAg7T...tailpage#t=20s

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the word "X-factor" and Eternal Champion as the OP and was expecting much, much more. Some sort of government conspiracy at least. Very disappointed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    There are ways to get the body to recover within 4 days - even for a guy in their mid-30s.

I could explain it to you but I don't have the time right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm couldn't you just as easily spin this as: Brady is a hall of fame caliber veteran, has superior control over his offense, and doesn't need a week of practice and meetings in order to execute.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    U WOT M8.

Those are some high expectations for a 4-6 team, mate. I think we have a chance (I learned my lesson last time), but I'm really not expecting a great showing from us.

If anything gives us the upper-hand, it isn't Brady's age; it's the health of some of his best weapons. Even then, Brady can make anyone look great. So, it's not really some huge advantage.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but what are the chances that Sanchez can duplicate 178 yards and 1 TD for 2 games in a row. Especially when it's only 4 days later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yeah, but what are the chances that Sanchez can duplicate 178 yards and 1 TD for 2 games in a row. Especially when it's only 4 days later.
    Against the Pats D, all men are created equal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Brady even hit last game? 59-24 victories are not usually associated with the winning QB taking a beating.

Another gem of a thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady rarely gets hit and turtles when he thinks he will get hit and has tremendous pocket awareness.

Sanchez has no clue who is close to him or far away and gets hit more than he should.

Brady could be a 50 year old in a walker and still be more effective than Sancho Panza.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Mark can build off his recent dominance in Thurs night games, he sure took it to the Broncos last year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you WeskerLogan?
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 11-20-2012 at 04:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, my X-Factors for the Jets are:

1. Wilkerson and Coples

They need to control the line of scrimmage, handle the run attack, and apply pressure by collapsing the pocket. If we can keep the Pats out of 3rd and 5 or less, then we can play more Nickel and Dime packages, send pressure from DBs, and try to force a turnover or 2. If the Pats have the option to run or pass to pick up 3rd and shorts then that opens playaction, and will have to play a more read and react D then just attack.

2. The Offensive Line

We need to get push in the run game which will open up the Playbook and Playaction, and also keep Jones and Co off Sanchez a**. Jones has been very good this year as a rookie, Brick will need to hold his own so Howard can receive help from backs and TEs.

This game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Personally, my X-Factors for the Jets are:

1. Wilkerson and Coples

They need to control the line of scrimmage, handle the run attack, and apply pressure by collapsing the pocket. If we can keep the Pats out of 3rd and 5 or less, then we can play more Nickel and Dime packages, send pressure from DBs, and try to force a turnover or 2. If the Pats have the option to run or pass to pick up 3rd and shorts then that opens playaction, and will have to play a more read and react D then just attack.

2. The Offensive Line

We need to get push in the run game which will open up the Playbook and Playaction, and also keep Jones and Co off Sanchez a**. Jones has been very good this year as a rookie, Brick will need to hold his own so Howard can receive help from backs and TEs.

This game will be won or lost at the line of scrimmage IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Jones is hobbled and isn't likely to play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "Brady is ghey" crowd staying away from this softball?

I fear that your posts may be losing some readership.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The "Brady is ghey" crowd staying away from this softball?

I fear that your posts may be losing some readership.
    Totally OT, but I was just wondering: Does your name imply that you're a Pats/Jets/Bills/Fins fan?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Totally OT, but I was just wondering: Does your name imply that you're a Pats/Jets/Bills/Fins fan?
    Are you implying (s)he's ambiguous? His real name is Pat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's a Ma$$hole, but he's one of the good Ma$$holes.

You should have met 49ersJetsFan. It came out halfway through his tenure here that he was also a Pats fan as well as 1 or 2 more teams as well. To each his own, but if you're going to list your favorite teams in your handle, you might as well get all of'em in.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    There are ways to get the body to recover within 4 days - even for a guy in their mid-30s.

I could explain it to you but I don't have the time right now.
    Sure, roids or HGH. Though as much as I think half of that team is juicing, I don't think Brady is. I bet he goes on to politics after playing and wouldn't want that on his record.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Are you WeskerLogan?
    No, I'm not anyone but EternalChampion.