Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: What is Wrong With Women?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    What is Wrong With Women?

    'Stiletto Surgery' alters pinky toe for better fit


    By Garrett Tenney

    Published November 20, 2012


    These days, some women will do just about anything to fit into their favorite pair of high heels – including surgery.

    A growing number of women are paying thousands of dollars to surgically alter their feet just to make wearing heels a more comfortable experience.

    Surgical procedures such as shortening toes, receiving foot injections and even completely cutting off pinky toes are on the rise.

    “Unless you’ve been there, and you can’t find shoes, and you’re in pain, don’t judge,” said Susan Deming, a patient who recently underwent a toe-shortening procedure.

    Eighty-seven percent of women have had foot problems from wearing uncomfortable or ill-fitting shoes such as high heels, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association.

    Deming used to love wearing heels and sandals, until it became too painful for her to wear them for more than a few minutes.

    “I was having calluses, and just, all sorts of problems with my left foot. And there finally was a solution. There’s never been a solution before,” said Deming.

    A few toes on her left foot were longer than the others, making that foot an entire size larger than her right foot. The solution: A surgical procedure cutting off about a centimeter of her second toe.

    Now, with a shorter toe, Deming said she can’t wait to go shoe shopping.

    “I’ve never felt this good about something I’ve done,” she added. “If it’s vain, it’s vain.”

    Shortening toes is just one of the many surgical procedures that can make wearing heels less painful. Others range from simply removing bunions to injecting collagen into the balls of the feet for added cushion.

    “It’s as if they’re walking on pillows when they wear their high heel shoes,” says Dr. Nathan Lucas, a podiatrist in Memphis, Tenn. with 15 years of experience performing such procedures.

    And for even narrower feet, Lucas said some women come into his office requesting removal of their pinky toe.

    “For me, that’s a bit extreme,” said Lucas. “I wouldn’t take anyone’s toes off unless it has to come off.”

    But, Lucas added, he has referred patients to doctors who will perform the removal procedure.

    Lucas has seen a steady increase in the number of women interested in surgical options to help take away the pain of wearing high heels, as many as 30 patients a month in the last year.

    “It’s on the rise here because the more people know about it, then of course the more they inquire about it, and they seek to get certain things done, just because they didn’t know, they didn’t know it exists,” said Lucas.

    There are others in the medical field though who say that any surgery is dangerous, and that foot procedures for purely cosmetic purposes are not a good idea.

    “Surgery performed solely for the purpose of improving the appearance or size of the foot or ankle carries risks without medical benefit, and therefore should not be undertaken,” according to the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...#ixzz2CnjLx7ov

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need SAR's take on this issue - he's the expert. Lets give him a Hampur pass for the day.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's stupid to me... Why not just get a better fitting shoe?
    That's like girls who wear dresses that emphasize their chest area but barely have an A cup.
    Complain about their boobs and get boob jobs. Just buy better fitting clothes.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What is wrong with Women?

    Most of em can't make a decent gravy.


    for starters.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Them's bltches must be hot to trot

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    'Stiletto Surgery' alters pinky toe for better fit


    By Garrett Tenney

    Published November 20, 2012


    These days, some women will do just about anything to fit into their favorite pair of high heels – including surgery.

    A growing number of women are paying thousands of dollars to surgically alter their feet just to make wearing heels a more comfortable experience.

    Surgical procedures such as shortening toes, receiving foot injections and even completely cutting off pinky toes are on the rise.

    “Unless you’ve been there, and you can’t find shoes, and you’re in pain, don’t judge,” said Susan Deming, a patient who recently underwent a toe-shortening procedure.

    Eighty-seven percent of women have had foot problems from wearing uncomfortable or ill-fitting shoes such as high heels, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association.

    Deming used to love wearing heels and sandals, until it became too painful for her to wear them for more than a few minutes.

    “I was having calluses, and just, all sorts of problems with my left foot. And there finally was a solution. There’s never been a solution before,” said Deming.

    A few toes on her left foot were longer than the others, making that foot an entire size larger than her right foot. The solution: A surgical procedure cutting off about a centimeter of her second toe.

    Now, with a shorter toe, Deming said she can’t wait to go shoe shopping.

    “I’ve never felt this good about something I’ve done,” she added. “If it’s vain, it’s vain.”

    Shortening toes is just one of the many surgical procedures that can make wearing heels less painful. Others range from simply removing bunions to injecting collagen into the balls of the feet for added cushion.

    “It’s as if they’re walking on pillows when they wear their high heel shoes,” says Dr. Nathan Lucas, a podiatrist in Memphis, Tenn. with 15 years of experience performing such procedures.

    And for even narrower feet, Lucas said some women come into his office requesting removal of their pinky toe.

    “For me, that’s a bit extreme,” said Lucas. “I wouldn’t take anyone’s toes off unless it has to come off.”

    But, Lucas added, he has referred patients to doctors who will perform the removal procedure.

    Lucas has seen a steady increase in the number of women interested in surgical options to help take away the pain of wearing high heels, as many as 30 patients a month in the last year.

    “It’s on the rise here because the more people know about it, then of course the more they inquire about it, and they seek to get certain things done, just because they didn’t know, they didn’t know it exists,” said Lucas.

    There are others in the medical field though who say that any surgery is dangerous, and that foot procedures for purely cosmetic purposes are not a good idea.

    “Surgery performed solely for the purpose of improving the appearance or size of the foot or ankle carries risks without medical benefit, and therefore should not be undertaken,” according to the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...#ixzz2CnjLx7ov
    And the weird thing about this..is that these chicks are doing it to impress other chicks. Guys dont care about this crap....


  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And the weird thing about this..is that these chicks are doing it to impress other chicks. Guys dont care about this crap....

    You don't appreciate a chick in high heels? There's a reason you don't see strippers in flats.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You don't appreciate a chick in high heels?
    see the i want your balz thread

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You don't appreciate a chick in high heels? There's a reason you don't see strippers in flats.
    Dude.
    High heels? Love em.

    Boots? Love em.

    Do I care about what size shoe?

    No. Unless its Frankensteinian proportions.

    Women dress to impress other chicks.

    Not to be "attractive" to them...but to be noticed.

    Final answer.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    see the i want your balz thread
    balz is beer, iffin you were following, hayseed.

    -

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And the weird thing about this..is that these chicks are doing it to impress other chicks. Guys dont care about this crap....

    Interesting and very true. But I wonder I know there's dude's with foot fetishes I wonder how they would feel about seeing less toes?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I was thinking of getting my penis widened and these self-mutilating lackwits might just be the inspiration I need.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Interesting and very true. But I wonder I know there's dude's with foot fetishes I wonder how they would feel about seeing less toes?
    The only thing I want to see less than the expression on one of these dudes face as he stares at a foot... ....is the expression on one of these dudes faces as he stares at a toe stump.








    -

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Interesting. I was thinking of getting my penis widened and these self-mutilating lackwits might just be the inspiration I need.
    Just hang some balls from your chin and go in head first. SHe'll never know the difference.




    -

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Just hang some balls from your chin and go in head first. SHe'll never know the difference.




    -
    [IMG]filmladd.com/images/ButtersBallsOnChin_v04.jpg[/IMG]

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TX via MA via CT
    Posts
    2,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The only thing I want to see less than the expression on one of these dudes face as he stares at a foot......is the expression on one of these dudes faces as he stares at a toe stump.



    -

    Absolutely women do this for men. Either that or for themselves, not for other chicks. Men want women to look sexy and part of that is wearing high heels. I don't hear any man saying "oh, she looks hot in those sneakers or flats." You guys want heels, just admit it.

    All this surgery is done to wear the heels comfortably. I don't think any of these women are even thinking about what happens when they take the high heels off and men see their disfigured feet.

    But to say women do this for other women isn't really accurate. They do it because high heels can be extremely painful.

    I would never do this surgery, but I guess I can see why someone would. It's like any other plastic surgery.

    Now if only I could find a way to wear these comfortably.



    .

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    balz is beer, iffin you were following
    -
    oh, the common man's drink....i've read of it.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    [IMG]filmladd.com/images/ButtersBallsOnChin_v04.jpg[/IMG]
    Is it bad that I can picture this even though the link is broke?

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    That's stupid to me... Why not just get a better fitting shoe?
    That's like girls who wear dresses that emphasize their chest area but barely have an A cup.
    Complain about their boobs and get boob jobs.
    Just buy better fitting clothes.
    tell us more......

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    To think of it, girls could use $$ on more important stuff - like boob job and anus bleaching. Noone cares about their pinkies. Waste of money.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us