Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11.20.12 - The Jets have waived WR Jason Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    nah i just think a few vets who still have some gas left in the tank is what this team needs down the stretch. proven guys who can step in learn the plays and give us results.
    No. Jets locker room doesn't need any of those malcontent retreads.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I personally think plax was behind a lot of the complaining last year and I did NOT want him back here earlier in the season.

BUT

Clearly the FO and coaching staff has zero regard for character in who we bring in here (see Santonio, Cro, etc)....with Stephen Hill struggling, plax would have been a good guy to bring in. Hes slow, but has fresh legs, and at least can add a red zone threat and some height out there to open things up for kerley and keller underneath
    LOL. Plax will be laughing if we have a shot of making the playoffs as a wildcard contender, play Pitt and watch Plax destroy us. If we play Pitt beware of Plax. He should be here and the outcome so far this year would have been a lot different. Another Tannebaum mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No. Jets locker room doesn't need any of those malcontent retreads.
    you're right its better this way with no leaders or vets who want and need to win now because they know its almost over.

you're right its better this way with no leaders or vets who want and need to win now because they know its almost over.
    You call those guys leaders? LMAO. They are all 'me' players. Could care
    less about the team.

Thanks. I needed that laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You call those guys leaders? LMAO.

Thanks. I needed that laugh.
    terrell owens and jeremy shockey have won the big game. how many guys on our roster have? we need productive guys who can play the game not guys like clyde gates and others who wouldnt make anyother teams practice squad in the nfl.

i know these guys are old and have been trouble but at this point what do we have to lose we are 4-6. not 10-0. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I personally think plax was behind a lot of the complaining last year and I did NOT want him back here earlier in the season.

BUT

Clearly the FO and coaching staff has zero regard for character in who we bring in here (see Santonio, Cro, etc)....with Stephen Hill struggling, plax would have been a good guy to bring in. Hes slow, but has fresh legs, and at least can add a red zone threat and some height out there to open things up for kerley and keller underneath
    I love Cromartie on this team. Yes, he can be a knucklehead sometimes, but he definitely not a cancer in the locker room. He does everything to defend the Jets and not hurt the players... (reference: "Fukc Brady" comment.

terrell owens and jeremy shockey have won the big game. how many guys on our roster have? we need productive guys who can play the game not guys like clyde gates and others who wouldnt make anyother teams practice squad in the nfl.

i know these guys are old and have been trouble but at this point what do we have to lose we are 4-6. not 10-0. thanks
    Terrell Owens has never won the big game. A career cancer. Shockey is one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Terrell Owens has never won the big game. A career cancer. Shockey is one in the same.
    owens has 2 super bowl rings and shockey has 1 big game ring.

I must have missed the 2 rings when he was playing with the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals.

Also, Shockey technically has 2 rings, 1 with the Giants (when he was IR'd mid season which he was traded the next season toooooo (2nd ring) The Saints.
    Last edited by Dimitri_0515; 11-20-2012 at 11:45 PM.

All League

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So the Jets go right back to the other JAG(Turner) after releasing this particular JAG.

This might actually be a record for the number of times Patrick Turner was cut/re-signed.....
    You mean Sanchez's close friend? Of course he's back, for the same reason that Scotty McKnight was drafted and Konrad R.'s still hanging around.

They're all friends of Sanchez.

So our GM, instead of finding guys from his own alma mater like Cruz or a JERSEY kid like Miles Austin - who played right down the road from FP - signs guys who Sanchez is buds with.

Anyone still confused why our roster sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So the Jets go right back to the other JAG(Turner) after releasing this particular JAG.

This might actually be a record for the number of times Patrick Turner was cut/re-signed.....
    Tell me about it. Seems like these 2 have a game of musical chairs between them

Veteran
    Would like to see Jordan White get a shot.

we have one of the weakest wr corps in the league. yet some are happy with it. lets all board the clyde gates and wr underachievers bandwagon woo hoo!!!!!!!!

ever wonder why sanchez is struggling? look no further.

bring in guys who will bring out the best in sanchez and make him throw the ball more efficiently and effectively. and when he doesnt they will let him know about it.

we have nothing to lose in giving terrell owens a workout and see what hes got left. otherwise lets caddle sanchez and bring in his buddy turner and why not scotty mcknight while were at it.

I love Cromartie on this team. Yes, he can be a knucklehead sometimes, but he definitely not a cancer in the locker room. He does everything to defend the Jets and not hurt the players... (reference: "Fukc Brady" comment.
    I have posted many times over the last 2 years about how overrated I thought Cro was, but this season he has really upped his game to a new level, even actually making contact with ballcarriers...he deserves respect for that.

All Pro
    Don't understand the love affair with Turner. Why hasn't Riley been giving another shot.

Patrick Turner over Plaxico Burress...

I''ve been calling for Plax since the beginning of training camp, now he goes to Pittsburgh? What in the world is this GM thinking???

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Don't understand the love affair with Turner. Why hasn't Riley been giving another shot.
    I would agree that Riley is a much better receiver, but I think that Turner has been paid for the year, on the roster after the first game, entitled to his yearly salary, therefore in a sense Turner is free... IMO he is also a marginal special teams player, which if your the 5th receiver has some merit...Sanchez USC buddy

Bet you Plaxico sticks with Pittsburgh for two more years.

We need an endzone threat and Mike let's him walk away...

I must have missed the 2 rings when he was playing with the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals.

Also, Shockey technically has 2 rings, 1 with the Giants (when he was IR'd mid season which he was traded the next season toooooo (2nd ring) The Saints.
    Actually, this is the one he got with Dallas