Thread: New Story: PREVIEW: Patriots (7-3) @ NY Jets (4-6)

Post New Story: PREVIEW: Patriots (7-3) @ NY Jets (4-6)

The Jets play host to the New England Patriots in the Thanksgiving nightcap game that will surely help any turkey-glutton football fan in avoiding the mandatory post-meal nap.

Clawing to their playoff hopes the Jets are facing a must-win game on a short week as they look to capture back-to-back wins since winning their first two games of the season. The Patriots, fresh off their 59-24 drumming of the Indianapolis Colts, are looking to all but secure their ninth division title in ten years.

At 4-6, the Jets currently find themselves in the ten spot in the hunt for the AFC playoffs...

More...

NFL Network's Albert Breer confirms that Aaron Hernandez (ankle) will play Thursday night at the Jets, "barring any late setbacks."
    Breer has been all over Hernandez's situation for the past few weeks, so he's a reliable source. Hernandez has been practicing for two weeks, with at least one report that he's been at or close to full speed in drills. The evidence suggests the Patriots have been holding him out until he's close to 100 percent in an effort to avoid further setbacks. Jimmy Graham is the only fantasy tight end we would definitely play over Hernandez in Week 12.

Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    The Jets play host to the New England Patriots in the Thanksgiving nightcap game that will surely help any turkey-glutton football fan in avoiding the mandatory post-meal nap.

Clawing to their playoff hopes the Jets are facing a must-win game on a short week as they look to capture back-to-back wins since winning their first two games of the season. The Patriots, fresh off their 59-24 drumming of the Indianapolis Colts, are looking to all but secure their ninth division title in ten years.

At 4-6, the Jets currently find themselves in the ten spot in the hunt for the AFC playoffs...

More...
    LOL, so true

KEY MATCH-UPS:

Mark Sanchez vs. Himself
    For as good as the Pats have been over the past few years, the Jets are 4-5 v. the Pats in their last 9 meetings. Let's make it an even .500

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    LOL, so true

For as good as the Pats have been over the past few years, the Jets are 4-5 v. the Pats in their last 9 meetings. Let's make it an even .500
    This is kinda misleading. With Rex as HC the Jets are 3-5 in the past 8 meetings which is what matters. Otherwise I can go on and say the Pats are 9-4 in the last 13 meetings.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by patsrulenfl View Post
    This is kinda misleading. With Rex as HC the Jets are 3-5 in the past 8 meetings which is what matters. Otherwise I can go on and say the Pats are 9-4 in the last 13 meetings.
    And with Rex, the Jets are 1-0 against the Pats in the playoffs.....

I guess that's kinda misleading too......

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    And with Rex, the Jets are 1-0 against the Pats in the playoffs.....

I guess that's kinda misleading too......
    I included that 1 playoff win in the 3-5 record of the Jets against NE, even though this game isn't a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by patsrulenfl View Post
    ok... let's make it 4-5. I see what you mean there. That's a real big difference from 5-5.