Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upside Down Cooking Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah..tomorrow is a milestone. My daughter, married last summer, is having Thanksgiving at her house. Gosh I feel old.
    I wanna see your face when the first grandkid is born. You'll be a mess (as would I).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    and your "poultry farm"

Zing!!

Which is next door to.....

That is a leased Lebarron with vinyl siding.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hope you're joking, SAR. Those things are a POS and dangerous. Nothing like spilling hot turkey juices all over yourself, or the kids, because the cheap disposable pan collapsed.

Go out and buy yourself a sturdy roasting pan with a "V" rack. You can get good deals on them anywhere. Buy good and you'll have it for years.
    Can you post a picture of what this roasting pan and V rack looks like? I'm going to run out tonight and buy one.

Thanks.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Zing!!

Which is next door to.....

That is a leased Lebarron with vinyl siding.
    LOL

one stop holiday shopping

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Can you post a picture of what this roasting pan and V rack looks like? I'm going to run out tonight and buy one.

Thanks.

SAR I
    You know what picture you need to post in order to fulfill this request. We'll be waiting.

Jets Insider VIP

Thanks.

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You know what picture you need to post in order to fulfill this request. We'll be waiting.
    Southside has been creeping up the rankings ever so sneakily. Brandishing knowledge of meme like this, he'll be in the Hampur Elite™ yet again.

Veteran
    The poultry farm said for maximum taste and juiciness I should cook the turkey upside down for 4 hours and right side up for the last 30 minutes.

Does this sound right? How do you season and apply the cheese cloth then?

SAR I

Here is one way to prepare your Thanksgiving Turkey.

1. Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.

2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully.

3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.

4. Watch your guests' faces...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Southside has been creeping up the rankings ever so sneakily. Brandishing knowledge of meme like this, he'll be in the Hampur Elite™ yet again.

All Pro

Thanks.

SAR I
    They have an all-in-one kit in Whole Foods that includes a turkey and foil, it's right next to the free range Jiffy Pop.

Thanks.

SAR I

One aluminum:

http://www.target.com/p/oneida-heavy...&ci_sku=688914

And one stainless:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117...g+pan+and+rack

Just make sure the pan you buy is large enough for the size turkey you normally prepare.

If you are stuck with a disposable pan, just place it on a sheet pan or cookie sheet so it won't topple when taking it out of the oven. I've done this plenty of times with fine results. You just need to be careful.

Hall Of Fame
    We don't have a roasting pan with a rack in it.

We have a disposable tin pan with handles; will that work?

SAR I
    Get one of these.

If you can't, you should AT LEAST double up the tin pan. Even that could be a disaster waiting to happen, it will likely spill everywhere when you move it.

Let the turkey rest for a half hour before carving.

I know you know this stuff. I hope we are entertaining you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, i hope your birds taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    One aluminum:

http://www.target.com/p/oneida-heavy...&ci_sku=688914

And one stainless:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117...g+pan+and+rack

Just make sure the pan you buy is large enough for the size turkey you normally prepare.

If you are stuck with a disposable pan, just place it on a sheet pan or cookie sheet so it won't topple when taking it out of the oven. I've done this plenty of times with fine results. You just need to be careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Get one of these.

If you can't, you should AT LEAST double up the tin pan. Even that could be a disaster waiting to happen, it will likely spill everywhere when you move it.

Let the turkey rest for a half hour before carving.

I know you know this stuff. I hope we are entertaining you.

Thanks guys. Caphalon, $99 at Bed Bath And Beyond.

First Thanksgiving without a foil pan, feels sort of silly to buy this roaster thing for the once a year we'll use it, but I guess it'll last as long as my PSL's.

Have a happy holiday.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Thanks guys. Caphalon, $99 at Bed Bath And Beyond.

First Thanksgiving without a foil pan, feels sort of silly to buy this roaster thing for the once a year we'll use it, but I guess it'll last as long as my PSL's.

Have a happy holiday.

SAR I
    Do you have an in store 20% coupon?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Do you have an in store 20% coupon?
    No. They sent my wife a $25 off gift card which I didn't have with me, so I have to go back for an in-store adjustment.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No. They sent my wife a $25 off gift card which I didn't have with me, so I have to go back for an in-store adjustment.

SAR I
    Their you go. Sign up on their website and you will get hard copy coupons that never expire, and email ones that do, we use them for coffee disc purchases etc., they are also good at Harmon, and Harmon allows unlimited and crossover use of all BBB coupons.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone, i hope your birds taste good.
    You already celebrated last month. Do you do it again?

I’m actually headed down to Boston in the morning. Yes, i know it’s enemy territory thanks to tomorrow night’s game but B-town is a nice town and we’ve been doing this for years.
    I actually drive bye Foxborough stadium, open my car window, and yell out Belichick’s a cheat...ahh traditions!
    Any JETS Bahhhrs in the area?

We have a Thermador convection double oven.

Should we use convection mode or standard mode? Not sure if convection is recommended for a 23 pound turkey.

SAR I

We have a Thermador convection double oven.

Should we use convection mode or standard mode? Not sure if convection is recommended for a 23 pound turkey.

SAR I
    Can't tell if you are pulling peoples legs or are really this clueless.

I use convection just fine. Are you stuffing the bird? What temp are you using in the oven? Do you ave an instant read thermometer or just going by that 3 cent popup timer stuck in the breast? Making your own gravy, or pouring it out of a jar?