Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WR Jordan White promoted to active roster

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Speed, me thinks. Also needs to stay healthy, for sure, but I'm not sure that can be used against him when discussing upside. But that was more in comparison to Hill. Should properly read as "a MORE limited upside".

From what (little) I've seen (and read) of White, I like him. In the few spots he got in the preseason, he looked like he belonged - to whatever extent that means. Not sure if he can ascend to beyond a #3 WR, but who knows?

If the CS believes he's ready, I'd rather give him some real game reps than Jason Hill.

Don't know that he's any slower than Wes Welker , which is the position/role that I think he would be in, wouldnt' he ? Hill as the burner/deep threat, White as a possession guy who gets open all over the field ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he is an unproven rookie we are in a must win mode. i hope he burns the field but this not the time to be experimenting with a rookie wr 10 games into the season.
    Yeah I get where your coming from.....but there isn't much else out there at this point in the season either.

Ocho has been so unproductive its a joke. Plax wasn't coming back after last year even before Pitt signed him. Gaffney was dropped by Miami, who has just as many holes at WR as we do, possibly more. The only Vet I would give a legit look at is TO if it were up to me.

I rather go with young and unproven over some retread that offers next to nothing. Atleast the young guy has potential to be productive, where most vets on the market we know what they bring (and don't bring) which is why the Jets aren't the only team not looking into these guys in the first place.

Sent from my LG-P999

At this point, *ANY* WR that doesn't have either the name "Hill"(Jason, that is) or Patrick Turner is a welcome addition to the active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Yeah I get where your coming from.....but there isn't much else out there at this point in the season either.

Ocho has been so unproductive its a joke. Plax wasn't coming back after last year even before Pitt signed him. Gaffney was dropped by Miami, who has just as many holes at WR as we do, possibly more. The only Vet I would give a legit look at is TO if it were up to me.

I rather go with young and unproven over some retread that offers next to nothing. Atleast the young guy has potential to be productive, where most vets on the market we know what they bring (and don't bring) which is why the Jets aren't the only team not looking into these guys in the first place.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    At this point, *ANY* WR that doesn't have either the name "Hill"(Jason, that is) or Patrick Turner is a welcome addition to the active roster.
    signing terrell owens is so fitting for this team and this organization and if hes got anything left we take advantage of it 1 game at a time and ride him like a horse on the way to the glue factory.

signing terrell owens is so fitting for this team and this organization and if hes got anything left we take advantage of it 1 game at a time and ride him like a horse on the way to the glue factory.
    I agree.

I can still recall the Tweet he made offering his services to the Jets.

I say we give him a shot also.

It's about time.

Hopefully he sees the field and won't just be on the inactive list, or is there that much faith in Clyde Gates?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I really can't remember him getting that many targets in preseason.
    I think he missed a couple of games in the pre-season due to injury.

That being said, I think bringing Turner back would have been a better move, at least he has some starting experience....

Jordan White is a roll of the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

That being said, I think bringing Turner back would have been a better move, at least he has some starting experience....

turner is a jag slug. we need a spark. terrell owens is that man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

turner is a jag slug. we need a spark. terrell owens is that man.
    Terrell Owens? Really?

Not a chance in hell brother, he is not the solution.

In fact, he would just create more problems.

There is a reason why no team in the league will sign the guy.

All Pro
    Whats limited about his upside ? Health ? Size ? Speed ? Route running ability ?
    He's a slot receiver. Quicks, and smarts, but not much top speed or size.

All Pro

Turner has had ample time to show he cannot get open, fight through a jam, or use his big frame to wall off defenders. White must have impressed enough in practice to get a shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Turner has had ample time to show he cannot get open, fight through a jam, or use his big frame to wall off defenders. White must have impressed enough in practice to get a shot.
    Hopefully that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1

Like to see him get some snaps out there and see what they have in White. Rather go that route than an Ocho or Turner type player that is either a has been or never will be.

Sent from my LG-P999
    This dude had an INSANE work ethic and production in college. I'd like to see what he has to offer

This is great. So they will give him some plays this week so belicheat can see what he's got and snatch him up as soon as the Jets put him on waivers. I can see it now

White is sure-handed and is a guy who can get open despite lack of speed. Decent quickness. A guy who can move the chains. I bet the guy can get open on the Pats and hold onto the ball.

With that being said, I seriously doubt he will even step on the field tonight.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    White is sure-handed and is a guy who can get open despite lack of speed. Decent quickness. A guy who can move the chains. I bet the guy can get open on the Pats and hold onto the ball.

With that being said, I seriously doubt he will even step on the field tonight.
    Sounds a lot like Rueland.

All Pro
    White is as explosive as a wet firework, but he can catch the ball. He should be good for a few 5-8 yard catches over the middle if Kerley can't play.

All Pro

And the Jets are a team that need to roll a few dice, try a few different things, to see if it can make even a little difference. (Maybe White would have converted that 3rd down in Foxboro that Hill didn't?)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Don't know that he's any slower than Wes Welker , which is the position/role that I think he would be in, wouldnt' he ? Hill as the burner/deep threat, White as a possession guy who gets open all over the field ?
    Jordan white ran a 4.69 40 at the combo and a 4.6 at his pro day. Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing or do you have real point? Saying his upside isn't as great as Hill's (who ran a 4.3), isn't all that controversial.