Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Jordan White promoted to active roster

Veteran

WR Jordan White promoted to active roster

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    WR Jordan White will be promoted to the active roster, per source #jets #nyj - 3m ago

Random note:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets have made 53 personnel moves since the start of the season, tinkering with the bottom of the roster seemingly daily. #nyj

---

I think this is great news. The kid deserves it. I hope he can meet the expectations.

All League
    Good news... hope he gets some time.

super bowl.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Good news... hope he gets some time.
    +1

Like to see him get some snaps out there and see what they have in White. Rather go that route than an Ocho or Turner type player that is either a has been or never will be.

Sent from my LG-P999

Jets Insider VIP
    You're right. Let's continue feeling bad for Gronk and engaging Eternal Champion in his quest for modship.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You're right. Let's continue feeling bad for Gronk and engaging Eternal Champion in his quest for modship.
    That's all I'm asking for.

Really like this kid also but I look at him as slightly larger target version of Kerley. He isn't super fast and isn't super big. But can catch the ball when thrown to him (are you listening Stephen Hill).

I dont really follow other teams closely, but do they play musical chairs as much as the Jets do with their practice squad?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Really like this kid also but I look at him as slightly larger target version of Kerley. He isn't super fast and isn't super big. But can catch the ball when thrown to him (are you listening Stephen Hill).
    I think Jordan White is the polar opposite of Stephen Hill. All he did was catch the ball in college, but limited upside.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Have to churn and burn these guys find out what ya got.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1

Like to see him get some snaps out there and see what they have in White. Rather go that route than an Ocho or Turner type player that is either a has been or never will be.

Sent from my LG-P999
    he is an unproven rookie we are in a must win mode. i hope he burns the field but this not the time to be experimenting with a rookie wr 10 games into the season.

All Pro
    When he did played he showed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    When he did played he showed nothing.
    so we are reaching again.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think Jordan White is the polar opposite of Stephen Hill. All he did was catch the ball in college, but limited upside.

Whats limited about his upside ? Health ? Size ? Speed ? Route running ability ?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Wait what he was dropping passes like crazy in preseason .. It probably what got him cut in the 1st place .

Not saying he can't improve that but he did not show great hands in preseason..

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Wait what he was dropping passes like crazy in preseason .. It probably what got him cut in the 1st place .

Not saying he can't improve that but he did not show great hands in preseason..
    I really can't remember him getting that many targets in preseason.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Whats limited about his upside ? Health ? Size ? Speed ? Route running ability ?
    Speed, me thinks. Also needs to stay healthy, for sure, but I'm not sure that can be used against him when discussing upside. But that was more in comparison to Hill. Should properly read as "a MORE limited upside".

From what (little) I've seen (and read) of White, I like him. In the few spots he got in the preseason, he looked like he belonged - to whatever extent that means. Not sure if he can ascend to beyond a #3 WR, but who knows?

If the CS believes he's ready, I'd rather give him some real game reps than Jason Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post

Jets have made 53 personnel moves since the start of the season, tinkering with the bottom of the roster seemingly daily. #nyj
    Hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post

we still have 1 roster spot open.