Thread: Dear Mr Westhoff

Dear Mr Westhoff

Please have your special teams ready tonight!
    Sincerely,
    NY Jets fans
    PS- We need all 3 phases tonight
    Go Jets keep the season alive

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Stay in your lanes, hold onto the football, run to daylight, etc. how is that?

Sadly its gotten to the point where is rather the punts just get downed inside the 10...at least we will have the ball...not sure how catching a punt has become such an adventure...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame

Arrow

This season has been a pretty embarrasing end to a coaching career if indeed this is his last campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Please have your special teams ready tonight!
    Sincerely,
    NY Jets fans
    PS- We need all 3 phases tonight
    Go Jets keep the season alive
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This season has been a pretty embarrasing end to a coaching career if indeed this is his last campaign.
    lets not blame westhoff for the calibre of players hes been forced to use on special teams. this team has no depth and the forever wheel sign and release guys. thanks

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    lets not blame westhoff for the calibre of players hes been forced to use on special teams. this team has no depth and the forever wheel sign and release guys. thanks
    +1 they have been dropping and signing guys at the bottom end of the roster all year long.....hurts STs.

I admit I am disappointed in our ST units this year so far, but am more than grateful to have Westhoff as our ST coach.

Sent from my LG-P999

Hall Of Fame
    They have been dumping and signing guys every year under Tannenbaum and somehow Westhoff always managed to find a way to get decent outcomes before. This year the specials have been victimized by basic and costly mistakes. No, this year seems different somehow and I think that simply blaming it on turnover at the bottom of the roster is missing the point.

Personally I think this is the worst team depth we have ever had and that directly affects the specials and I also think the team or the coach or both has lost a little focus in the knowledge that it is Westy's last year.

Mike Westhoff has been given scraps this season. They always cripple him by trading/cutting good special teams players he's had.

Yet, the guy always seems to be able to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

I think the guy deserves no critcism whatsoever. He could take a loser Irishman with no hope and make a player out of him.