Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: the TD in the detroit game, same thing like in the first pats game

  1. #1

    the TD in the detroit game, same thing like in the first pats game

    every score and every turnover go under review

    if the coach throw the red flag the play cant be reviewd

    thats just happpend in the detroit-houston game

    if you remember in the first pats-jets game Cro forced a fumble and the pats throw the red flag

    they didnt got any penlaty and the refs still review the play

    we see now in the detroit game what should have been , penalty on the pats and no review, this would have saved a TD and might won us the game(the play was on the jets one yard line)

    i remember the board arguing about this after the game

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    every score and every turnover go under review

    if the coach throw the red flag the play cant be reviewd

    thats just happpend in the detroit-houston game

    if you remember in the first pats-jets game Cro forced a fumble and the pats throw the red flag

    they didnt got any penlaty and the refs still review the play

    we see now in the detroit game what should have been , penalty on the pats and no review, this would have saved a TD and might won us the game(the play was on the jets one yard line)

    i remember the board arguing about this after the game
    Except there was no evidence that the pats threw the flag

  3. #3
    i know , i didnt see it as well

    but i remeber Jim Nance saying it, why would he say it for no reason?

  4. #4
    If the ref has been buzzed and then the coach throws the flag the review still occurs. Strange rule.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    that rule is SO stupid and makes absolutely no sense. It's a case where the letter of the law prohibits the officials from actually getting the call right, and it goes against logic in every sense of the word.

    Everyone in the stadium, and around the world, knew he was down. But because the coach threw a little red flag on the ground, they can't review the play? On what planet does this make any sense?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Except there was no evidence that the pats threw the flag
    That's because there's all kinds of funny business when it comes to cameras at Gillette.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    that rule is SO stupid and makes absolutely no sense. It's a case where the letter of the law prohibits the officials from actually getting the call right, and it goes against logic in every sense of the word.

    Everyone in the stadium, and around the world, knew he was down.
    But because the coach threw a little red flag on the ground, they can't review the play? On what planet does this make any sense?
    Everyone except for Walt Coleman's crew.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Exactly what I was thinking about...

  9. #9
    We really should be pulling for Detroit in this game.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    every score and every turnover go under review

    if the coach throw the red flag the play cant be reviewd

    thats just happpend in the detroit-houston game

    if you remember in the first pats-jets game Cro forced a fumble and the pats throw the red flag

    they didnt got any penlaty and the refs still review the play

    we see now in the detroit game what should have been , penalty on the pats and no review, this would have saved a TD and might won us the game(the play was on the jets one yard line)

    i remember the board arguing about this after the game
    The one in the Pats game was completely different because it involved Bellichick. The rules dont apply to the Patriots. Did you not know that?

  11. #11
    It's evidence that the NFL has a say in who wins. That's not the way things should be. The victor should be determined on the field.

  12. #12
    Quick question, I am unable to watch this game live. Did Detroit just try a 47 yard fg on 3rd down?

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quick question, I am unable to watch this game live. Did Detroit just try a 47 yard fg on 3rd down?
    Yup. 3rd and 11

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yup. 3rd and 11
    LOL, coaches just get dumber and dumber and dumber and choke more and more in this league.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Quick question, I am unable to watch this game live. Did Detroit just try a 47 yard fg on 3rd down?
    What the hell did Detroit do that for? From where they were it was a 47 yard attempt, which isn't a chip shot by any means. Why wouldn't you at least try to pick up another 5 yards or do? One of the dumbest offensive calls of the season for far.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It's evidence that the NFL has a say in who wins. That's not the way things should be. The victor should be determined on the field.
    Agreed....can anyone say Cheatriots.

  17. #17
    And I see houston wins the game. What a way to essentially say good bye to the playoffs....dumbasses.

  18. #18
    Team fights it's way into overtime, plays an all around better game than Houston I thought, then their headcoach calls one of the stupidest plays anyone can think of and they lose the game.


    Good way to lose your team and your job Jim Schwartz...

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    that rule is SO stupid and makes absolutely no sense. It's a case where the letter of the law prohibits the officials from actually getting the call right, and it goes against logic in every sense of the word.

    Everyone in the stadium, and around the world, knew he was down. But because the coach threw a little red flag on the ground, they can't review the play? On what planet does this make any sense?
    Throwing the red flag had nothing to do with the play not being reviewed.

    The reason it was never reviewed is because no whistle was blown to end the play.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,358
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Throwing the red flag had nothing to do with the play not being reviewed.

    The reason it was never reviewed is because no whistle was blown to end the play.
    All TD's are reviewed

    Schwartz by throwing the red flag was the foul, therefore negating a chance for review

    It was all about the red flag

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us