Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RGIII is incredibly fun to watch

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

RGIII is incredibly fun to watch

Dismantling Dallas at home right now... great kid, great talent...

Shanahan has done a great job tailoring the offense to him but damn is he threading the needle right now!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Dismantling Dallas at home right now... great kid, great talent...

Shanahan has done a great job tailoring the offense to him but damn is he threading the needle right now!!!
    he's a keeper

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly the reason why the Jets should trade everything they have to in order to get a franchise QB if there is one in this or next draft. the skins gave up a ton to get RG3, think they are having any second thoughts? We gave up close to nothing to move up for Sanchez, there is a reason for that aside from Mangini being a dumb ass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What odds on Garret getting sacked this week? Blown out by the rival Skins, at home, on Thanksgiving. Jones will NOT be happy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    His accuracy is amazing. He's miles better than Luck, not even close.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    +1 at least 530 miles.

Great vision too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    This is exactly the reason why the Jets should trade everything they have to in order to get a franchise QB if there is one in this or next draft. the skins gave up a ton to get RG3, think they are having any second thoughts? We gave up close to nothing to move up for Sanchez, there is a reason for that aside from Mangini being a dumb ass.
    Do you recall with the Skins gave up to get RG III? Also, with who...was it Cleveland?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    can we clone him ? ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Do you recall with the Skins gave up to get RG III? Also, with who...was it Cleveland?
    Pretty sure it was with St Louis, and I think it involved their 1,2,3 in this year's draft plus a 1 in next year's?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is :

Redskins receive:
    First-round pick (No. 2)
    Robert Griffin III

Rams receive:
    First-round pick (No. 6):
    Traded to Cowboys
    Second-round pick (No. 39):
    Janoris Jenkins
    2013 first-round pick
    2014 first-round pick

So THREE firsts and a second.

Is any one player - even a possible franchise QB - worth THAT much, to move up 4 spots?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Here it is :

Redskins receive:
    First-round pick (No. 2)
    Robert Griffin III

Rams receive:
    Traded to Cowboys
    Janoris Jenkins
    2013 first-round pick
    2014 first-round pick

Is any one player - even a possible franchise QB - worth THAT much, to move up 4 spots?
    Rams need that to compensate for Schitty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is :

Redskins receive:
    First-round pick (No. 2)
    Robert Griffin III

Rams receive:
    Traded to Cowboys
    Janoris Jenkins
    2013 first-round pick
    2014 first-round pick

Thanks. Agree, that's plenty to give up. However, as of now, it looks good from the Skins point of view. The only caution I would add is that many observers were saying the same thing last year too about Cam Newton. Also, will RG III be durable enough not to sustain serious injuries over his career?

One final point, as good as he looks, and I am not taking anything away from him because I am impressed, RG III does have weapons/playmakers on offense -- good wrs, TE, rb that helps his development.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is :

Redskins receive:
    First-round pick (No. 2)
    Robert Griffin III

Rams receive:
    Traded to Cowboys
    Janoris Jenkins
    2013 first-round pick
    2014 first-round pick

I would say absolutely. You are giving up 2 picks. Our last 5 years worth of 1st rounders, Coples, Wilkerson, Wilson, Sanchez, Gholston and Keller.

While I believe Wilkerson could be the best of the bunch, even if he is the next Richard Seymour, QBs get you to the Super Bowl while DE's are role players. If that were not true, then Minnesota would have been the best twam in the AFC last year because of Jared Allen and not picking 3rd in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Thanks. Agree, that's plenty to give up. However, as of now, it looks good from the Skins point of view. The only caution I would add is that many observers were saying the same thing last year too about Cam Newton. Also, will RG III be durable enough not to sustain serious injuries over his career?

One final point, as good as he looks, and I am not taking anything away from him because I am impressed, RG III does have weapons/playmakers on offense -- good wrs, TE, rb that helps his development.
    his playmakers on offense are journeymen, rookies and Santana Moss. He is making everyone around him better, not the other way around. Newton's success last year was due to the "newness" of the type of offense they ran. Plenty of scouts felt his accuracy would prevent him from ever being elite. RG III is much more accurate.

Mark's accuracy is what is holding our offensive players back. Look at the difference Henne made when he replaced Gabbart. Accuracy is everything. We all knocked Pennington for his lack of arm strength, but because he was accurate, he could get the ball to his playmakers. Right now, Mark cannot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why is pays to suck, it doesn't pay to be mediocre. We are never going to be able to move up for a QB again. The market has been set and the price is high. When we moved up for Sanchez we got him for a song.

But to answer your question, it is worth it. I do not think the Redskins are worried. Although it is going to be hard to get him that dynamic WR that he will need in order to take the offense to the next level.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Which is why is pays to suck, it doesn't pay to be mediocre. We are never going to be able to move up for a QB again. The market has been set and the price is high. When we moved up for Sanchez we got him for a song.

But to answer your question, it is worth it. I do not think the Redskins are worried. Although it is going to be hard to get him that dynamic WR that he will need in order to take the offense to the next level.
    DDNYjets,

with the new Rookie Wage-scale(or whatever that is) per the new CBA, the Jets could take a flyer on a QB this next draft and then who knows?

The Jets won't end up paying for it(both literally and figuratively) if that QB turns out to be a bust....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    DDNYjets,

with the new Rookie Wage-scale(or whatever that is) per the new CBA, the Jets could take a flyer on a QB this next draft and then who knows?

The Jets won't end up paying for it(both literally and figuratively) if that QB turns out to be a bust....
    I agree.

I was talking about moving up for a QB. With the new rookie wage scale the price to move up has increased b.c the financial risk is less.

We should take a QB every year until we find one. I'm tired of not having a good QB. We have nothing to lose. It has been 40+ years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is :

Redskins receive:
    First-round pick (No. 2)
    Robert Griffin III

Rams receive:
    Traded to Cowboys
    Janoris Jenkins
    2013 first-round pick
    2014 first-round pick

Brother,
    The Cha-ching at the registers ringing up Foreskin merchandise, especially RG3 stuff. And you know that he has to be worth the price of admission to watch live.
    Butts in the seats and cash registers ringing....would say tht for the moment, it was worth it for next four years , thats if Ware doesnt hit again like he just did, wow, planted him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    his playmakers on offense are journeymen, rookies and Santana Moss. He is making everyone around him better, not the other way around. Newton's success last year was due to the "newness" of the type of offense they ran. Plenty of scouts felt his accuracy would prevent him from ever being elite. RG III is much more accurate.

Mark's accuracy is what is holding our offensive players back. Look at the difference Henne made when he replaced Gabbart. Accuracy is everything. We all knocked Pennington for his lack of arm strength, but because he was accurate, he could get the ball to his playmakers. Right now, Mark cannot.
    I agree 100% that Mark needs to improve his accuracy and decision-making. However, besides a lack of playmakers on offense, the QB coaching for the Jets is questionable imo. Instead of Mark improving, his game is regressing. Now that can be a factor of the poor o-line play, no playmakers on offense, no running game, etc. I am pro-Sanchez. He has made plays in the past that helped win games for us. However, this offseason, the Jets need to blowup the offensive side of the ball and begin all over -- new coaches and drafting some playmakers. I think it is Paradis who continually posts that the Jets have not drafted a playmaking wr in years. The defense is the team's strong point because that's where the draft strategy seems to focus on. Memo to the Jets, the NFL is a passing league. Surround Sanchez with weapons to succeed. We don't need to win games 17-14 if we have a decent offense that can score 20+ points ppg.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    thats if Ware doesnt hit again like he just did, wow, planted him.
    Certainly rung his bell for sure. The jury is still out if RG III will be durable over his career.