Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats will probably run the table, nab the 1 seed from fading Houston, and make SB

Pats will probably run the table, nab the 1 seed from fading Houston, and make SB

Just watch. Who's playing better right now? Get ready for more pain....

Granted, Rodgers might put up 70 on them in the SB, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

He put up 17 big ones at home against the vaunted Jags D, so I can see why you think this is possible.

Props for consistency though. You've been on the Packers' jock pretty much all season.

All League
    I doubt they do any of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    He put up 17 big ones at home against the vaunted Jags D, so I can see why you think this is possible.

Props for consistency though. You've been on the Packers' jock pretty much all season.
    Don't let the buzz of a big win cloud your judgment. A good QB will annihilate your team's D still. Hope you can avoid Peyton in the playoffs

Us being a bad turnover prone team does not make the Pats D good

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who cares

lol, Pasts aren't doing **** in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't trust Schaub, Flacco, or either of those teams. Peyton is the best chance.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This from someone who thought the Jets would beat the Pats ?

Your crystal ball is cracked.

Just sayin

I don't trust Schaub, Flacco, or either of those teams. Peyton is the best chance.
    Brady hasn't been that hot in the playoffs in recent years. With the Texans and Broncos in the playoffs, Brady and the Pasts will be seeing the exit door.

But, you know what? I don't want that to happen. I want them to make the playoffs, destroy everyone they meet, and go to the Superbowl. Why, you ask?

All League
    The Broncos definitely would give the Patriots a good game. The Texans haven't played great the past two games( with a lot of starters missing), but they still won, something the Patriots didn't do earlier this year when they weren't playing well.

The Texans defense with the Pass rush and unbelievable ability to knock down passes at the line would cause plenty of problems for the Patriots dink and dunk offense. The Jets ran the ball fairly well tonight, the Texans would run it even better, but they actually have the ability to go down field after pounding Foster.

The Patriots may end up with a typical Patriots record, but they aren't a team to be feared in the least bit.

As far as running the table, I will be very, very interested to see how the Patriots offense looks in back to back weeks against the Texans and Niners. The Patriots use of the TE won't create the big mismatch against Niners that it does against some teams, especially without Gronkowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    This from someone who thought the Jets would beat the Pats ?

Your crystal ball is cracked.

Just sayin
    Pretty sure I never said we would beat them. I said it's foolish to think (considering we nearly pulled it off last time) that we wouldn't at least have a chance to win this game.

Get off my dick, breh.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    The Broncos definitely would give the Patriots a good game. The Texans haven't played great the past two games( with a lot of starters missing), but they still won, something the Patriots didn't do earlier this year when they weren't playing well.

The Texans defense with the Pass rush and unbelievable ability to knock down passes at the line would cause plenty of problems for the Patriots dink and dunk offense. The Jets ran the ball fairly well tonight, the Texans would run it even better, but they actually have the ability to go down field after pounding Foster.

The Patriots may end up with a typical Patriots record, but they aren't a team to be feared in the least bit.

As far as running the table, I will be very, very interested to see how the Patriots offense looks in back to back weeks against the Texans and Niners. The Patriots use of the TE won't create the big mismatch against Niners that it does against some teams, especially without Gronkowski.
    The Texans have looked pretty average the past 2 games, and their secondary looks atrocious without Jonathan Joseph. Also, Gary Kubiak is one of the worst, most conservative coaches in the league who makes terrible in-game decisions, which were on full display today. They're still a top AFC team, but they're no longer "miles ahead" of anyone and should be grouped very closely with the Broncos and Pats.

This board remains very biased toward the Pats' recent playoff history in projecting them forward... which is funny because Schaub and the Texans have never won anything in the playoffs, and Peyton's own playoff history is poor.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-23-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Texans have looked pretty average the past 2 games, and their secondary looks atrocious without Jonathan Joseph. Also, Gary Kubiak is one of the worst, most conservative coaches in the league who makes terrible in-game decisions, which were on full display today. They're still a top AFC team, but they're no longer "miles ahead" of anyone and should be grouped very closely with the Broncos and Pats.

This board remains very biased toward the Pats' recent playoff history in projecting them forward... which is funny because Schaub and the Texans have never won anything in the playoffs, and Peyton's own playoff history is poor.
    The irony is that no one this year seems to care that Denver and Peyton are beating on the crap teams while losing to the 3 legit AFC teams (NE, Balt, Houston), whereas last year when the Pats kept on winning against all crap teams, everyone was like "The Pats will lose in the playoffs because of their soft schedule in the regular season".

Greenbay won't beat an elite defensive team. If Rodgers has a half decent game like he did against the Giants last year or the Bears in the NFCC game the year before that ... they are toast. The Bears almost beat them with a 3rd string QB no one has ever heard of and the Giants last year got pressure on him. His O Line is horrible, look how many times he's been sacked this year. They won 2 years ago cause they ran the ball effectively late in the season. If they can't do that they're toast.

I can see San Fran, Giants, or even Atlanta beating them in the playoff's. This isn't the same Atlanta team from 2 years ago ... Julio Jones is there now and a force in year 2, they have more speed at linebacker and they are better in the backend defensively. I wouldn't gurantee Green Bay being in the superbowl at all. Rodgers is the best QB in the league with great receivers but that O Line has the ability to doom him at any time.

Hall Of Fame
    Thankfully our big brother, the Giants, has done our dirty work for us.

BTW, I thought Brady was aging and lost his fastball.

I also wouldn't go putting the Pats in the superbowl either. They nearly lost to Buffalo and the Jets .... they smacked Colts who won't be in playoff's and Jets who won't even finish at 500. Same Ol Pats .... Last year it took a drop in the end zone and chip shot field goal miss for them to get in the superbowl. I can see the Texans giving them hell especially if they play them in their building .... but either way Texans, Broncos, Pitt (if Big Ben comes back) ... and even Baltimore has an outside shot. IMO Texans are still the best team. With all these close games they've played of late they are still 10-1. Pats won't sweep San Fran and Texans ... it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by patsrulenfl View Post
    The irony is that no one this year seems to care that Denver and Peyton are beating on the crap teams while losing to the 3 legit AFC teams (NE, Balt, Houston), whereas last year when the Pats kept on winning against all crap teams, everyone was like "The Pats will lose in the playoffs because of their soft schedule in the regular season".
    Well the Pats did lose in the playoff's .... and they needed a dropped pass in the endzone and a chip shot field goal miss just to get thru the AFCC. 2 diff situations however ... Denver's in a new system, new QB, and they are a much younger team trying to develop as the year goes on and improving. Pats were established the same core and people already knew what they were. The Pats had to show people last year went the post season comes they can finish the job because the year prior all the stars alligned and the bombed to the sh*tty Jets the year before remember? Last year they choked in the superbowl. This year? ... we'll see. When the moment comes ... without having the strength of the spy gate when it matters most ... u rattle Brady and that team goes from world beaters to confused looks on the sidelines and an easily beatable team that can beat themselves. Last year Brady's bad throw to Welker and Welkers fail in not catching it ... and the year before that the Pats decided to fake punt and give the Jets the ball on their 40.

This is what the Pats are ... a team that if rattled will find ways to beat themselves. Also didn't Brady have the ball with a chance to win with a TD with 2 min left in the SB and he couldn't even get a first down? ... This team is clutch no more. You need that clutchness to win the whole thing. That team lost that clutchness when it didn't have those stolen signals.

My only real point is that it's crazy to put any one team well ahead in the AFC anymore. The Broncos are cruising, the Texans are deflating a bit, and the Pats are world-beating against (sorry to say, this last game included) inferior teams right now. And the Packers, Niners, and Giants also have issues of their own. The Pats play the Texans and Broncos very soon so we'll have a lot more data to base things on.

The Packers and Broncos don't have the defenses to kill the Pats in a playoff game, and neither do the Texans. Their shot is as good as anyone's, and I think the field looks pretty even right now given recent games we've seen. Peyton could kill the Pats' defense, but Brady has killed the Broncos' defense equally bad his last three chances in the last 2 seasons. If that game's in Foxboro, it's a shootout and I'll take the Pats.

I'm only in this thread discussing the Pats with regards to general NFL playoff outlooks, so don't treat me as a troll this week.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-23-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Well the Pats did lose in the playoff's .... and they needed a dropped pass in the endzone and a chip shot field goal miss just to get thru the AFCC. 2 diff situations however ... Denver's in a new system, new QB, and they are a much younger team trying to develop as the year goes on and improving. Pats were established the same core and people already knew what they were. The Pats had to show people last year went the post season comes they can finish the job because the year prior all the stars alligned and the bombed to the sh*tty Jets the year before remember? Last year they choked in the superbowl. This year? ... we'll see. When the moment comes ... without having the strength of the spy gate when it matters most ... u rattle Brady and that team goes from world beaters to confused looks on the sidelines and an easily beatable team that can beat themselves. Last year Brady's bad throw to Welker and Welkers fail in not catching it ... and the year before that the Pats decided to fake punt and give the Jets the ball on their 40.

This is what the Pats are ... a team that if rattled will find ways to beat themselves. Also didn't Brady have the ball with a chance to win with a TD with 2 min left in the SB and he couldn't even get a first down? ... This team is clutch no more. You need that clutchness to win the whole thing. That team lost that clutchness when it didn't have those stolen signals.

What an idiotic post. You mean, when you put pressure on Brady he gets rattled? No way! Only Brady. Nobody else. Every other QB LOVES getting pressured. And there was no pressure on that Brady to Welker throw.

Brady got the ball back with 57 seconds, and the Patriots dropped two passes on that last drive, which forced him to throw a hail mary from midfield.

I like you drumming up spygate again. That tends to happen when the Patriots get done laying an ass whuppin on whatever particular fan's team the Patriots played that week. Somehow the Patriots have managed to stay competitive without the game breaking advantage of the opposing team's coach jumping up and down on the sidelines.

I'm hoping either the Texans or Falcons can make it, even though they have the best records in their conferences- I'd just like to see a team that hasn't been to the SB in the past 5-10 years. If it's Vagiants-Patsies again, I'm moving to Canada. Did last night's game drain any optimism about the rest of the season in the entire league?