Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Jesus, do I really have to wade through all this BS bickering just to keep up with today's tweets? Go girl slap each other in the dumper please.
    Here you go.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    To sum up Rex's call: offense is improving, Bart Scott should have played more, Tebow could have played, Pats not that much better than them.

Feel better now after reading some more brilliance from Rexy?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, how many more games do you think we win this year?
    Must be 8 because he promised 12.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    LOLz like clockwork, the boyfriend shows up!
    You are an expert on boyfriends, a baker's dozen (plus an ex-professional chef) of yours are here too.

Hope the knee-swelling is giving your knob-swelling a run for its money (small change no doubt)
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think one thing is for sure.

This Jets team turned some heads last night.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He guaranteed 12 wins.
    Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Does Wrecks realize he is 0-5 against the Pats in the last 5 regular season games played?
    The operative word here is "regular". Rex's masterpiece was beating the Pats after the 'chick tried to humiliate him and demoralize the team with a 45-3 MNF defeat.

Frustratingly enough, Rex and the team only seem to find success after self- inflicted crises. They don't handle success well.

It also seems like Rex relies too much on his own force of will to succeed, wearing himself out as the team falls into crisis again. In many ways I think that is why the team either blows the opponent out or gets blown out by the opponent this year- there is no consistent moderation.

I personally find the team's schizophrenia frustrating. It's either Rex's capacity to marshall subpar talent or an inability to create cohesion out of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you even listening to yourself?

Two backbreaking turnovers while we were still in the game. One of which that was returned for a TD.

Yeah, Sanchez is just the bestest.
    I would say that the interception was good defensive trap by the Patriots and it happens.

The fumble was the killer.

I have supported Sanchez and will, until they replace him. Unfortunately putting in Tebow won't say the season and if you put in McElroy, they are basically saying we are going to dump Sanchez next year.

As it stands we are not going to get good enough pick to get a starting caliber qb in the draft so it will be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

It's sad that we are already looking to what's going to happen in the off season.

TEBOW IS NOT THE ANSWER FOR THIS FRANCHISE IN THE LONG TERM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    I would say that the interception was good defensive trap by the Patriots and it happens.

The fumble was the killer.

I have supported Sanchez and will, until they replace him. Unfortunately putting in Tebow won't say the season and if you put in McElroy, they are basically saying we are going to dump Sanchez next year.

As it stands we are not going to get good enough pick to get a starting caliber qb in the draft so it will be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

It's sad that we are already looking to what's going to happen in the off season.

TEBOW IS NOT THE ANSWER FOR THIS FRANCHISE IN THE LONG TERM.
    And I, for one, am hoping that we have a different front office by the time these decisions need to be made.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    and if you put in McElroy, they are basically saying we are going to dump Sanchez next year
    Well that sounds just swell

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    That's the problem with Sanchez. And believe me, I've given him every chance to prove to me that he's the guy, he just isn't. He doesn't have it. Where his stats ok? Yes, they were actually very good stats, strictly looking at throwing the ball.

The problem with Sanchez is he is just a turnover machine, and his turnovers are always just back breakers. The Jets just watched the Patriots miss a FG, marched the ball down the field, had a chance to take early momentum, then boom, pick.

Then, after a defensive breakdown, which put us down 14, the very first play on offense he forgets the play, and then fumbles the ball to compound it, TD Patriots, flood gates open.

Sanchez does have some games where he throws the ball very well. Jeff George may have been one of the best QB's in NFL history at throwing a football, being a QB is much more than just throwing passes.
    It's more than just turnovers I'm sorry to say. What about the accuracy issues? A lot of those interceptions are due to the fact that cannot throw the ball accurately. Hell, even when he does hit a receiver they ALWAYS have to make major adjustments just to catch the ball. The ball always arrives to the wrong shoulder and that's even assuming he's accurate enough to get the ball to the WR, MANY times he just completely misses them by yards. Other times, he WINDS the ball at a close range receiver. That makes it impossible for the receiver to catch the ball.

And even beyond that, Sanchez doesn't throw any long passes. His game is a short passing game and yet we are still talking about the WORST completion percentage in the league.

Also consider the fact that Sanchez has NEVER elevated the talent around him. Sanchez sucks, the players know it and they ultimately follow him right down the toilet. It's job 1 for any franchise QB to elevate the players play around him. Sanchez has never done that.

Also consider the fact that he's making the very same mistakes he made in his rookie year. He hasn't ever learned from his mistakes.

Also consider the fact that he NEVER takes any ownership for anything he does. He constantly throws the rest of the team under the bus by denying any personal responsibility and quotes it as the "team".

Also consider the fact that 10 times now in his career he's thrown a red zone interception. In only 4 seasons, he's given the fans hope while he marches the team down the field only to stomp on their hearts as he throws some of the most bone headed interceptions ever.

Is there anything else that I'm missing? I'm sure there is. But put it this way, what I already listed is more than enough for any sound minded person to know that it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Well that sounds just swell
    Certainly does.

Too bad this isn't madden and we actually have BINDING Contracts to deal with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Here you go.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    To sum up Rex's call: offense is improving, Bart Scott should have played more, Tebow could have played, Pats not that much better than them.

Feel better now after reading some more brilliance from Rexy?
    GOOD LORD......REX IS LOST!!

I don't even think Rex believes the sh-t he's saying now.......or does he?

Jets Insider VIP
    so Mainejerk, do you only hate Sanchez or do you hate ALL latinos?

^ Well *this* should end well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Tell me why Sanchez played poorly tonight? Go ahead.

Let's go over the stats.

Two plays were his fault, the INT, the fumble.

What else?

Self inflicted wounds and an unbelievable turn of events in those 52 seconds...

That was the game

Christ can't help you this time either.
    you sound like Rex quoting Sanchez's QB rating during his postgame presser...

you could have completed those passes in the 4th quarter with the cushion the Pats were giving the Jets WRs...