Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    1. Gee only 2 mistakes, that doesn't sound so bad. One gives the Pats a TD, and the other ends a scoring drive.

2. 24/36...FANTASTIC! If you are a big fan of garbage time.

When exactly will all this adversity begin to pay off? Year 12?

yeah, yeah, I know..."GFY, troll!"
    You forgot STFU!

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This loss is on the front office and coaches plain and simple.......we got rid of all our talent since 2009.....

Dwight Lowery gone
    Braylon gone
    Cotchery gone
    Drew coleman gone
    Damian Woody gone
    Thomas Jones gone
    LT gone
    Kerry Rhodes gone
    Plex gone
    T-Rich gone
    Revis Injured
    Holmes Injured

none of these were ever really replaced...

is anyone really surprised??
    You're blaming the front office for injuries? For players who retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The media has been a big part of it.

No where in that post do I put it ALL on the media

As usual, you can't read.
    The media? WTF.

Get real.

Hall Of Fame
    Ray, I give you credit for showing your face. You easily have the most backbone of anyone in the brigade.

But its over. Just stop defending them.

You're blaming the front office for injuries? For players who retired?

No your missing the point.....look at the talent we had and the talent we have on this team now including the injuries

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Let's start with the fact that the offense gave up more points in the first half then they scored.

Also how about the fact Sanchez almost has had as many mind numbingly stupid turnovers (2), as points he led the Jets offense to (3). This of course against the outstanding Pats defense who the Bills hung 31 on 2 weeks ago.

Excluding the event with the iceberg the trip on the Titanic wasn't so bad.

Two dumbass plays that cost the Jets points.

Unreal. Sanchez is now in competition with Cassel and Gabbert for the worst starting QB in the entire NFL.

He has no touch or accuracy, can't read a defense, doesn't go through his progressions, is a mopey leader, and worst of all he is a walking, talking turnover machine who makes Testaverde look like a master at ball security.
    It was TWO plays

Spin it any way you want, but other than those 2 plays, he DID execute.

I don't want to hear about garbage time, that's crap, the final TD was garbage time, fair enough, but unlike the past, he didn't let his mistakes take himself out of the game mentally, he didn't let the crowd and the situation of the game falling apart get to him, he buckled down and still performed, still dealt with an aggressive Patriot D, dropped passes, etc....

You say he has no accuracy, ok, he has had his struggles, but how is 26/36 inaccuracy? He read the defense tonight, he made his progressions, he got the ball to the right player most of the time, 72% of the time.

Again, 2 bad plays.

Sanchez has had several games this year where the entire fan base is fair to blame Sanchez, tonight is not one of them, it just isn't, it's just the easy thing to do, it's what the media wants to do, it's what they've been trying to do since the day the Tebow trade happened.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    No your missing the point.....look at the talent we had and the talent we have on this team now including the injuries
    The names on that list I bold faced makes NO sense. They were JAG players, playser that retired, or players at the end of their career, or had to retire due to injury.

I'm aware of the talent question, it's easy to blame talent when the Jets have had so many injuries thoughout the entire season.

But nobody wants to talk about that, they just want to pile on.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This is exactly correct. George would throw some balls that were just insane - Brady-level accuracy and touch - but he would always find some dumb way to lose a game, espc. from a mental standpoint.

Mark can make some great NFL throws; he can be athletic; he can even be mentally tough. But in sum total, he just doesn't have it. No shame in that, really. It is what it is.

I don't even blame Rex really. Tanny has dealt him a raw hand at this point, with some serious personnel issues. We all blast Rex for not being somebody else - but in reality a lot of what we blast him for has more to do with the GM.

Barring other developments, Sanchez is the likely starter next year. There are some good developmental QBs in the draft this year and this might be a good year to spend a 2nd-rder on one; hey, Schaub was a 3rd IIRC, he worked out okay
    I totally agree on Rex. You can only coach what you have, and Tanny hasn't provided him a very good roster. Does his post game, pre game, pre season etc press conferences get a little old? Yes, especially when the Jets aren't good, but I'd be even more annoyed if all the sudden he tried being something he isn't in the media to placate people.

Rex isn't totally blameless, but Tanny is the far greater of the 2 evils.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, I give you credit for showing your face. You easily have the most backbone of anyone in the brigade.

But its over. Just stop defending them.
    I'm not defending anything...

And you know where you can shove your credit...

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I totally agree on Rex. You can only coach what you have, and Tanny hasn't provided him a very good roster. Does his post game, pre game, pre season etc press conferences get a little old? Yes, especially when the Jets aren't good, but I'd be even more annoyed if all the sudden he tried being something he isn't in the media to placate people.

Rex isn't totally blameless, but Tanny is the far greater of the 2 evils.
    So who do we blame for the injuries this year?

Exclamation

The names on that list I bold faced makes NO sense. They were JAG players, playser that retired, or players at the end of their career, or had to retire due to injury.

I'm aware of the talent question, it's easy to blame talent when the Jets have had so many injuries thoughout the entire season.

We had no plan to replace Woody, T-Rich. We knew Woody was injured and out and yet we never replaced him... T-Rich was ancient. They knew they had to replace him too.

My point was that these players were not adequatly replaced by the front office through free agency or the draft and lowery was a nice player. Drew Coleman was an awesome blitzer...Rhodes could cover TE's...who replaced Braylon? Who replaced Woody? Who are our playmakers on offense? Kerley? Holmes? Keller? Do any of these guys scare you???? Green can't even get one yard...you look at other teams they have a plethora of talented weapons for there QB..who's ours?? Kerley???? Stonehards hill? Please you know the front office is bad when they TRADE A PICK for a backup QB.....please Tanny needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    1. Gee only 2 mistakes, that doesn't sound so bad. One gives the Pats a TD, and the other ends a scoring drive.

2. 24/36...FANTASTIC! If you are a big fan of garbage time.

When exactly will all this adversity begin to pay off? Year 12?

yeah, yeah, I know..."GFY, troll!"
    The INT was bad but it was the defense who gave up the 84yd run and touchdown. Maybe if the defense was able to stop a fly we could have recovered from the INT.

Ray Ray19 I'm with you on this. Sanchez screwed up on two plays. How about the rest of the team screwing up on everything else? Special Teams has been disastrous for weeks now. You can't count on the defense to make any sort of stop on third down, but you can count on them getting penalties and extending the opposing teams drives. I've never seen such an embarrassment on all 3 fronts.

Jets Insider VIP
    It was TWO plays
    So we're supposed to just discount two awful plays that broke our f*cking backs simply because Sanchez racked up some meaningless yardage in garbage time against arguably the worst secondary in the league?

And you actually have the balls to call others on this site "clueless"?

All League
    So who do we blame for the injuries this year?
    WTF do injuries have to do with anything in my post you quoted. We have 2 major losses, Revis and Holmes. Other than that, we have had a few weeks here and there with players out, no more than anyone else in the NFL.

I think the world of Revis and probably think higher of Holmes than most on here, but with those 2, we maybe have 1 more victory. Maybe.

I actually thought for a while you got a bad rap, and enjoyed your optimism, but you have zero ability to see things even remotely objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So we're supposed to just discount two awful plays that broke our f*cking backs simply because Sanchez racked up some meaningless yardage in garbage time against arguably the worst secondary in the league?

And you actually have the balls to call others on this site "clueless"?
    How about the 3 other turnovers? There was FIVE in the game tonight...FIVE. Everyone played like **** tonight. I won't throw Sanchez under the bus for two plays when there were so many bad plays on all 3 fronts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Drew Bledsoe ‏@doublebackwine

Taken down in 3rd annual Turkey Challenge by my wife. Gonna have to re-think my whole program. Start from scratch and rebuild. Like the Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltalianguy View Post
    How about the 3 other turnovers? There was FIVE in the game tonight...FIVE. Everyone played like **** tonight. I won't throw Sanchez under the bus for two plays when there were so many bad plays on all 3 fronts.
    It's not about this one game.

This is a constant theme with Sanchez and has been since we drafted him.

Play like sh*t for a month straight, turn in a solid performance to inspire hope (Rams), then revert back to playing like sh*t.

Like clockwork. The same old song and dance.

No progression, no turning the corner.

I'm convinced that Sanchez could remain our starter for the next 5 years, continue to show more of the same, and some of you guys would still defend the hell out of him.

It's ridiculous.

If he played for any other team in the league you'd look at him no differently than the rest of fans around the league. As a f*cking bum.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    WTF do injuries have to do with anything in my post you quoted. We have 2 major losses, Revis and Holmes. Other than that, we have had a few weeks here and there with players out, no more than anyone else in the NFL.

I think the world of Revis and probably think higher of Holmes than most on here, but with those 2, we maybe have 1 more victory. Maybe.

I actually thought for a while you got a bad rap, and enjoyed your optimism, but you have zero ability to see things even remotely objectively.
    It's not just two.

It has been injuries all year, it actually started with Baker in TC. Keller to open the year, injuries to the depth of the team all year.

Obviously, I'm not blaming the state of the team all on injuries, but it's been huge, especially to Sanchez and the offense, then to the defense, then on ST's, players being put and pulled off of the PS just to play ST's...

Then it's the youth on the team because of injuries, players having to be forced into role due to injuries, all year long.

And I'm being completely objective.

My point in THIS thread, is that Sanchez actually did NOT play that poorly, it was two big plays, he's had MUCH worse games earlier in the year. The media is waiting to pile on because of the Tebow factor, now fans are doing it. and IMO, tonight, I actually thought Sanchez showed that he is trying to handle it, ignoring it, and still trying to execute, and isn't allowing it to completely take him away from his focus. In recent years, you'd see Sanchez sulk and show immaturity, TONIGHT, I didn't see that, I saw a player that was obviously distressed but still went out to the huddle, showed command in the huddle, and STILL executed.

Again, LOOK past all the frustration of how bad the loss was tonight, I'm NOT REFUTING ANY OF THAT, I'm EXPLICITLY talking about Sanchez.

TWO PLAYS... ONE of those plays, the fumble was a critical play that wound up being in the middle of a 52 second period I've never seen in the NFL of over 30 years as a die-hard fan.

That kind of bad luck doesn't happen to even the worse teams.

The media and now fans want to blame somebody, they all want heads, they want players cut, etc etc. WHY IS THIS ALWAS THE ANSWER?

After Herm's third season, I agreed with it...

After Mangin's final season, I sort of agreed with it...

Of course, after Kotite's FIRST GAME, I agreed with it...

But SINCE Parcells took over this team back in 96, it's been the SAME TIRED CRAP from the media, and now, with Rex, because Rex Rex does it "differently," because the media has seemingly thrown this man under a bus, when it was REX that completely changed the culture of the team, opened the doors, and made jobs of those pencil-neck know nothing *******s that cover the team easier. What does he get for it? They are raking him throug the coals. The national media just piles on, ESPN, all of it,it's one big joke. ALL because Rex likes to do it a certain way, his way.

Frankly, I LOVE that Rex isn't backing off, he refuses to give in to the media, he stands at his PC's, he's STILL genuine, still answers, doesn't get upset with the *******s asking the questions, does't run away, he stays there... He's obviously PISSED, and hurting inside, but he's there.

THIS is one of the BIGGER problems I have with the fans of this team and ESPECIALLY the media.

There is NO chance of this team getting ANY kind of continuity if the media is lookng to bury the NEXT guy onthe FIRST day he starts the job.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-23-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltalianguy View Post
    The INT was bad but it was the defense who gave up the 84yd run and touchdown. Maybe if the defense was able to stop a fly we could have recovered from the INT.

Ray Ray19 I'm with you on this. Sanchez screwed up on two plays. How about the rest of the team screwing up on everything else? Special Teams has been disastrous for weeks now. You can't count on the defense to make any sort of stop on third down, but you can count on them getting penalties and extending the opposing teams drives. I've never seen such an embarrassment on all 3 fronts.
    That 85 yd TD was huge, MUCH bigger than the INT, even bigger than the fumble. That was poor a play in the game as ANY other. And why? Poor execution, and poor play by LB's that just can't move any more.

The #1 need of this team this off-season.

LINEBACKER

Harris, Davis, Sapp...

CUT THE REST, and REBUILD the entire unit!!!!

Worst stat of the night 5 TOs... That and those 52 seconds... That was the game!

And btw, this Palantonio crap, a "simple dive play?" WTF is that? Sanchez didn't go the wrong way you moron, the play was broken from the start, if anythin Sanchez might have turned the wrong way on the running play.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.