Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    lol

Borgo, the only conspiracy surrounding the Jets and JI is what we witness on Sunday's and in yesterday's case Thursday's. Woody is conspiring to weed out fans through heart attacks.
    JW, you know we all resect you. Once and for all, who is Ray ( I'm betting Warfish)? You'd become JI's Bob Woodward.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    JW, you know we all resect you. Once and for all, who is Ray ( I'm betting Warfish)? You'd become JI's Bob Woodward.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Rex: "I saw us making strides up until this game... I think our offense is getting better.

Really?

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex wouldn't say whether Bart was picked on the Vereen TD. Said Bart did a "tremendous" job + should have played more than 11 snaps. #jets

I guess Rex has a very different definition of the word tremendous than the rest of the world has.

LOL.

I still think Ray is a plant. JW, one day, the staggering weight of the guilt you carry helping SOOTH foster the "Ray myth" will be too much to bear.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL.

I still think Ray is a plant. JW, one day, the staggering weight of the guilt you carry helping SOOTH foster the "Ray myth" will be too much to bear.
    In all honesty Ray is the kind of fan most teams would love to have, as loyal as the day is long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    First, I don't think Tanny and Rex should be fired, and especially Rex.

I think Tanny has his hands tied by the owner with the management of the cap the last two years, and he's been forced to get the team back to tweaking, building, and/or rebuilding through the draft while trying to stay competitive. It's a transition from several years back where he/the team made moves to bolster the roster because they felt the team was close enough to go for a championship, i.e. the year of the Favre trade.

Second, I never said, not ONCE that Sanchez was NOT having a bad year.

That's the problem with many of you, you misconstrue my comments on Sanchez as if I'm saying he's great, he's playing great, and the team is playing great.

WAKE UP. He is NOT playing great, he's not playing good, he has absolutely HAD his struggles this year. But what I HAVE said is there are many reasons FOR THAT, that are NOT his fault, and that MANY QB's in this league would have similar struggles if that were the case.

In Cam Newton's case, he has NONE of those same factors working against him. No injuries, he still has many of the same weapons he had last year, he has with him this year, he and the team, his confidence is shot, he's lost his swagger, and he's done that all on his own.

In Sanchez' case, it is SOO much different!
    1. Tannenbaum has managed the cap for the last 7 seasons. How can you blame anyone but him for the management of the cap

2. I didn't say you thought he was playing great, in fact I wrote nothing about that. Please find where I even mentioned that. But it's not that Sanchez is bad, he's bordering on historically bad. Cam Newton is a 2nd year QB, who has, in fact dealt with a lot of injuries this season, and who had a fantastic season in 2011. Sanchez hasn't had any season approaching Newton's 2011 season.

Newton has shown potential to be great over the course of several games.Sanchez hasn't.

Sanchez has in his career:

4 consecutive games above league Average in QB Rating: 1x
    3 consecutive games above 60% completion: 0x
    3 Consucutive games 0 INTs: 1x

He is, at best, painfully inconsistent, and at worst, the worst starting QB in the NFL.

3. There are many resaons for the struggles. Most notably the total lack of talent at offensive skill positions, terrible RBs, terrible WRs, at best an above average TE that's often injured. Arguably terrible offensive coordinators (but, when you have a terrible QB, you are going to be a terrible Offensive Coordinator). But those reasons are on Rex and Tannenbaum.

I think Rex can be a good coach, and it seems as though he is loyal to a fault, but this team is sunk, and it rests at the man who built it (Tannenbaum), the man who leads it (Ryan), and the man who is the on-field "leader" (Sanchez).

The Jets have been beaten by 20+ 6 times in the last 2 seasons. That's on par with the Bills, Chiefs, Colts (who drafted the best QB prospect in 15 seasons), Rams, and Raiders. All of those teams have or will be replacing their coaches, GMs, or QBs over that time period. The Jets should too

In all honesty Ray is the kind of fan most teams would love to have, as loyal as the day is long.
    Lucky us.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL.....you just keep lobbing up those softballs dont you??
    Yeah, it's easy to just get pissed off, throw up your hands, and demand firing of every player, coach, and front office type.

I get it, everybody's pissed, so am I, just trying to look at things analytically, and with a mindset that all is not as bad as fans think or want it to be.

Yeah, it's easy to just get pissed off, throw up your hands, and demand firing of every player, coach, and front office type.

I get it, everybody's pissed, so am I, just trying to look at things analytically, and with a mindset that all is not as bad as fans think or want it to be.
    Warfish, enough now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Disagree...below is a POST of mine to another kool aider who called me a pu$$y for complaining.

I own 2 Namath jerseys, a Brick Jersey, countless other gear. JETS pix in my office, my office conference room, my home etc..

I started the Charlotte JETS fan club.

I am NO PU$$y. Revolution comes from those who care, not the REAL pu$$ies who back the team at all costs like someone YOU are very close to.

Fans like you know who (look in your shoes) are why WOODY wont change. You'll let him him jamm you in the asse with a huge dildo and say nothing.

I will protest!!!

FUKK You WOODY!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    To sum up Rex's call: offense is improving, Bart Scott should have played more, Tebow could have played, Pats not that much better than them.

You REALLY think fans WANT it this bad?

I think fans see the team that's 4-7 right now and see little hope of any possible improvement this year, or next. And all you do is make excuses...media, refs, injuries. Get real for once.

Jets Insider VIP

Geebuz.....you truly are insane...and yes IT IS THIS BAD.

not every player,

Lets start with the QB who has been among the worst QBs in the league for 4 consecutive seasons by almost any stat available to measure QBs.

Lets start with the GM who has managed to put together a team that is among the least talented in the NFL while also managing to be in such bad salary cap jail that the Jets, even after the most basic of cuts next season will be both

only be $20M under the cap
    and only 36 people under contract.

Lets start with a coach who looked so good early in his career, but has now leading a team that refuses to bench under performing players, getting blown out a rate that rivals the worst teams in the NFL, and seems to have no answers at all when it comes to good teams anymore.

Out of curiousity, what would it take for you to think the Jets need new management? Did you think Kotite just needed one more season? What about Browning Nagle? Did you think Herm was going to turn it around? I'm curious how bad the Jets have to be before you consider that maybe this is not the direction they should be going in.

Their scoring differential has dropped for 4 consecutive seasons.
    Their defense has gotten worse for 4 consecutive seasons

Somehow, in your world, the QB, Coach, or GM should be fired because of this.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Disagree...below is a POST of mine to another kool aider who called me a pu$$y for complaining.

I own 2 Namath jerseys, a Brick Jersey, countless other gear. JETS pix in my office, my office conference room, my home etc..

I started the Charlotte JETS fan club.

I am NO PU$$y. Revolution comes from those who care, not the REAL pu$$ies who back the team at all costs like someone YOU are very close to.

Fans like you know who (look in your shoes) are why WOODY wont change. You'll let him him jamm you in the asse with a huge dildo and say nothing.

I will protest!!!

FUKK You WOODY!!!!!
    Wear your Mark Bavaro jersey, pu$$y

You obviously don't bleed green

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex needs better coaching on how to talk to the media. He doesn't help himself by sounding delusional to his fanbase.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Wear your Mark Bavaro jersey, pu$$y

You obviously don't bleed green
    The Charlotte club needs new leadership too. Trying to influence what the Jets do from 700 miles away has become a thankless task.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Pats not that much better than them.
    Does Wrecks realize he is 0-5 against the Pats in the last 5 regular season games played?

I agree that the INT and fumble play were too huge plays, and played a role in allowing the Pats to take a big lead and the game get out of hand, but no, I can't buy that he sabatoged the Jets last night and put the blame of last night all on him. No way.
    He "played a role" in running into his linemans ass and fumbling for a Pats TD.

Buts yeah, you can't put the blame on him. Moores ass played a role too.

Oh and I say that with all due respect.