Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Jets Insider VIP

Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Getting this started early. Sorry, McDawg.

Woody Johnson declined to talk to reporters after game. #Jets

Rex Ryan: "obviously that was a nightmare of a game to say the least" #nyj

"We just got beat" -- Rex #nyj

Rex: "That team is a good enough team. You don't have to help them...I kno our fans deserve a lot better than that." #nyj

Rex "I know our fans deserve better than this."

Rex, "I know our fans deserve a heck of a lot better than this." Promises they'll keep fighting. #Jets

Rex on giving up 35 Ptsin 2nd quarter: "I thought it was almost impossible to do. But they found a way to do it." #nyj

"35 points in a quarter is just ridiculous," Rex said. #jets #nyj

RT @shalisemyoung: this is 200th win for Bill Belichick as a head coach...have to think it's a little sweeter for him coming vs. Jets

Rex Ryan: "We're about as wounded as we can possibly be, but we're not dead" #nyj

DBrickashaw Ferguson: "Today didn't go as planned...it was a tough day at the office."

Rex said Tebow's ribs kept him out of the game, wasn't going to play him unless he had to.

Rex said Tebow's rib injury got progressively worse. "His breathing was a little different."

Patriots' 35 points in second quarter is more than 10 teams have had in a full game this season.

Rex Ryan said Sanchez made a "mental mistake" by pivoting wrong way on broken play that led to Sanchez fumble on second quarter #nyj

"Mark will be the starting quarterback this week and we'll see where we go from there," Ryan said. #jets #nyj

Rex, again, says the loss was hardly on one player. Thought Sanchez threw the ball well. #nyj #jets

Rex says Sanchez is to blame for the busted play that led to the Brandon Moore derrière-caused fumble.

Rex said he thinks he'll be back next year as head coach #jets #nyj

Rex on boobirds: "I don't blame them for booing me. Our fans are passionate." #nyj

Rex getting hammered by media. Worst I've ever seen. #jets #nyj #nfl
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 11-22-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Getting this started early. Sorry, McDawg.

Woody Johnson declined to talk to reporters after game. #Jets

Rex Ryan: "obviously that was a nightmare of a game to say the least" #nyj

"We just got beat" -- Rex #nyj

Rex: "That team is a good enough team. You don't have to help them...I kno our fans deserve a lot better than that." #nyj

Rex "I know our fans deserve better than this."

Rex, "I know our fans deserve a heck of a lot better than this." Promises they'll keep fighting. #Jets

Rex on giving up 35 Ptsin 2nd quarter: "I thought it was almost impossible to do. But they found a way to do it." #nyj

"35 points in a quarter is just ridiculous," Rex said. #jets #nyj

RT @shalisemyoung: this is 200th win for Bill Belichick as a head coach...have to think it's a little sweeter for him coming vs. Jets

Rex Ryan: "We're about as wounded as we can possibly be, but we're not dead" #nyj

DBrickashaw Ferguson: "Today didn't go as planned...it was a tough day at the office."

Rex said Tebow's ribs kept him out of the game, wasn't going to play him unless he had to.

Rex said Tebow's rib injury got progressively worse. "His breathing was a little different."

Patriots' 35 points in second quarter is more than 10 teams have had in a full game this season.

Rex Ryan said Sanchez made a "mental mistake" by pivoting wrong way on broken play that led to Sanchez fumble on second quarter #nyj

"Mark will be the starting quarterback this week and we'll see where we go from there," Ryan said. #jets #nyj

Rex, again, says the loss was hardly on one player. Thought Sanchez threw the ball well. #nyj #jets
    There is absolutely NO reason Sanchez should NOT be the QB right now

He played well

One bad pass, critical play, but a bad pass, those two first drives, were good drives, both ending in extremely disappointing fashion.

Then those 52 seconds

Just an unbelievable display of misfortune, as I've ever seen

I actually love the way Sanchez played, and despite the boos, the fans, the BS, he stayed with it, faced it all, and still executed.

Yeah, it was an embarrassing loss, but I wanted to see how Sanchez handled it in the second half, along with the rest of the team, they came out and fought, so did Sanchez, after the first half, that's all I cared about.

Let's see how they finish the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    "We have some games coming up where we really need to eliminate the self inflicted stuff," Sanchez said #jets

Sanchez on Pats scoring 21 points in 52 seconds: "That was crazy. I've seen anything like that." #nyj

Tebow says he has 2 fractured ribs #jets

Tebow said it occurred on an offensive play vs SEA, not punt protecting #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

He played well

One bad pass, critical play, but a bad pass, those two first drives, were good drives, both ending in extremely disappointing fashion.

Then those 52 seconds

I actually love the way Sanchez played, and despite the boos, the fans, the BS, he stayed with it, faced it all, and still executed.

Yeah, it was an embarrassing loss, but I wanted to see how Sanchez handled it in the second half, along with the rest of the team, they came out and fought, so did Sanchez, after the first half, that's all I cared about.

Christ

All League
    Interesting about Woody not talking to the media. Doubt that's normal. Woody likes headlines, but I guarantee being a laughing stock isn't sitting well with him. He has always publicly backed Rex and Tanny, then he comes out with his comments about 3-6 and then sluffs off the media tonight.

I really think one of the 2 will not be back. My guess would be Tanny, which would quite possibly mean Rex too.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Christ
    Tell me why Sanchez played poorly tonight? Go ahead.

Let's go over the stats.

Two plays were his fault, the INT, the fumble.

What else?

Self inflicted wounds and an unbelievable turn of events in those 52 seconds...

That was the game

Christ can't help you this time either.

He played well

Then those 52 seconds

+1. Remember Mark only played 1 year in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Christ
    Your Al Bundy avatar was my reaction to that post. lol

First QB ever to get tackled by his own guys ass, and fumble for a TD?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

That was the game

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hahahaahahahahahahahahahaa
    Hahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaahahahahhahhahaaa

Fuggin idiot.

I feel bad for Mr. Jet, at his age he should have been at home relaxing.
    To think he will get home take off his airplane helmet, put it in its safe place and head to bed a little sad that his team didnt get it done, not even close. Thats somebodys grandfather man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchz sucked balls because when the game counted, he put up 0 points and threw a back breaking pick and a fumble.

Anything he did when it was 35-0 against soft coverage means absolutely nothing. You people are clueless who back sanchez.

Im even dumber for responding though.

All League

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

That was the game

That's the problem with Sanchez. And believe me, I've given him every chance to prove to me that he's the guy, he just isn't. He doesn't have it. Where his stats ok? Yes, they were actually very good stats, strictly looking at throwing the ball.

The problem with Sanchez is he is just a turnover machine, and his turnovers are always just back breakers. The Jets just watched the Patriots miss a FG, marched the ball down the field, had a chance to take early momentum, then boom, pick.

Then, after a defensive breakdown, which put us down 14, the very first play on offense he forgets the play, and then fumbles the ball to compound it, TD Patriots, flood gates open.

Sanchez does have some games where he throws the ball very well. Jeff George may have been one of the best QB's in NFL history at throwing a football, being a QB is much more than just throwing passes.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Whatever...

Don't misconstrue the response to spin that I must not be upset about the game...

I don't have an agenda

Tonight was an embarrassment, but I'm convinced that this team has been stricken with an unbelievable amount of bad luck, and it started with the Revis injury, it's been down hill since then.

Jets Insider VIP

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

That was the game

Are you even listening to yourself?

Two backbreaking turnovers while we were still in the game. One of which that was returned for a TD.

Yeah, Sanchez is just the bestest.

Jets Insider VIP

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

That was the game

Were you at the game? If yes, you should know that INT was a killer... Totally changed the game and got the dominos falling. Another red zone INT. Name another QB who does that? Name another QB who fumbles after running into someone a$$??? Busted my a$$ just to get there... Have never felt so down in my sports fan life...

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

That was the game

Oh, just two turnovers. One that led directly to 7 points. The int led to a td drive by the patriots. Those points alone were enough to beat the Jets. Without the garbage time td...

Take away the garbage time yards and the garbage time td then talk to us about mark's stats. Before the int the announcers pointed out the mark missed a wide open hill who got behind the D. During the game thread I pointed out that people would use his garbage time stats as an excuse for his piss poor performance.

Mark was NOT the only problem on the team but he was a big one. The D gave up big plays. The special teams gave up points. But none of that excuses the QB from a piss poor performance. I've never seen a qb slide into a oline's ass and fumble away a td. Not on any level.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 11-23-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchz sucked balls because when the game counted, he put up 0 points and threw a back breaking pick and a fumble.

Anything he did when it was 35-0 against soft coverage means absolutely nothing. You people are clueless who back sanchez.

Im even dumber for responding though.
    No you are not. Mark stinks. He isnt getting better. We dont have time in the NFL to groom a QB for 8 years...he stinks. He said in his presser that he was thinking of the wrong play.

What!