Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    That's the problem with Sanchez. And believe me, I've given him every chance to prove to me that he's the guy, he just isn't. He doesn't have it. Where his stats ok? Yes, they were actually very good stats, strictly looking at throwing the ball.

The problem with Sanchez is he is just a turnover machine, and his turnovers are always just back breakers. The Jets just watched the Patriots miss a FG, marched the ball down the field, had a chance to take early momentum, then boom, pick.

Then, after a defensive breakdown, which put us down 14, the very first play on offense he forgets the play, and then fumbles the ball to compound it, TD Patriots, flood gates open.

Sanchez does have some games where he throws the ball very well. Jeff George may have been one of the best QB's in NFL history at throwing a football, being a QB is much more than just throwing passes.
    I think he does have it.

The irony of it all, this season is going to make him tougher.

If he can finish strong, I STILL think he can do it.

He's had to deal with as much adversity as any QB has in the league in one season, the injuries, the Tebow crap, the media, and I still saw a QB that pushed and fought, and executed.

And these ****ing clowns on SNY, they are a joke, the media is a joke.

Sanchez is saying exactly what he SHOULD be saying. You want him throwing things, bashing his teammates, displaying an act that isn't him because the fans and media want him to? Whatever.

Sanchez had TWO bad plays tonight. TWO. He STILL executed. There in't ANY on this board that refute that.

He was 26/36, he still ran through his progressions, made the right reads. He is playing better NOW than he was 3-4 weeks ago.

Look, I KNOW the team has had problems, but I'm convinced that it's been a cumulative problem, that has transitioned from one factor to another, those 52 seconds exemplifies this point.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.

I don't want to read any bull**** about injuries and bad luck

The people who were in charge of procuring talent in the offseason should all be shown the door about 20 seconds after this season ends. The idea that someone, anyone would think it was a good idea to end the offseason with Wayne Hunter and Shonne Green as starters is unforgivable. And the fact that there was little to no depth on the roster is also unforgivable. The way the team has failed to develop Mark Sanchez is unforgivable.

I could go on and on but any Jets fan that drinks the kool aid and wants to pretend that bad luck is responsible for this season deserves the season we are getting right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think he does have it.

He's had to deal with as much adversity as any QB has in the league, the injuries, the Tebow crap, the media, and I still saw a QB that pushed and fought, and executed.

Sanchez is saying exactly what he SHOULD be saying. You want him throwing things, bashing his teammates, displaying an act that isn't him because the fans and media want him to? Whatever.

Sanchez had TWO bad plays tonight. TWO. He STILL executed. There in't ANY on this board that refute that.

He was 26/36, he still ran through his progressions, made the right reads. He is playing better NOW than he was 3-4 weeks ago.

Look, I KNOW the team has had problems, but I'm convinced that it's been a cumulative problem, that has transitioned from one factor to another, those 52 seconds exemplifies this point.
    Totally serious here...do you work for the Jets in some fashion?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think he does have it.

He's had to deal with as much adversity as any QB has in the league, the injuries, the Tebow crap, the media, and I still saw a QB that pushed and fought, and executed.

The big joke in all of this is that you pin all of our problems on the media.

LOL

If this team is so f*cking mentally weak that they let the media get in their collective heads this badly, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is a bona fide loser. Impossible to come up with any other conclusion after watching his post game pressers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post

Sanchez does have some games where he throws the ball very well. Jeff George may have been one of the best QB's in NFL history at throwing a football, being a QB is much more than just throwing passes.
    This is exactly correct. George would throw some balls that were just insane - Brady-level accuracy and touch - but he would always find some dumb way to lose a game, espc. from a mental standpoint.

Mark can make some great NFL throws; he can be athletic; he can even be mentally tough. But in sum total, he just doesn't have it. No shame in that, really. It is what it is.

I don't even blame Rex really. Tanny has dealt him a raw hand at this point, with some serious personnel issues. We all blast Rex for not being somebody else - but in reality a lot of what we blast him for has more to do with the GM.

Barring other developments, Sanchez is the likely starter next year. There are some good developmental QBs in the draft this year and this might be a good year to spend a 2nd-rder on one; hey, Schaub was a 3rd IIRC, he worked out okay

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Totally serious here...do you work for the Jets in some fashion?

No

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The big joke in all of this is that you pin all of our problems on the media.

LOL

If this team is so f*cking mentally weak that they let the media get in their collective heads this badly, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.
    The media has been a big part of it.

No where in that post do I put it ALL on the media

As usual, you can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez is a bona fide loser. Impossible to come up with any other conclusion after watching his post game pressers.
    No.

Jets Insider VIP
    The media has been a big part of it.

No where in that post do I put it ALL on the media

As usual, you can't read.
    No, you put the blame all on the media AND Tim Tebow. The guy who plays maybe 5% of the offensive snaps.

It's comical, really.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    yessssssssssssssss

There is absolutely NO reason Sanchez should NOT be the QB right now

He played well

One bad pass, critical play, but a bad pass, those two first drives, were good drives, both ending in extremely disappointing fashion.

Then those 52 seconds

Just an unbelievable display of misfortune, as I've ever seen

I actually love the way Sanchez played, and despite the boos, the fans, the BS, he stayed with it, faced it all, and still executed.

Yeah, it was an embarrassing loss, but I wanted to see how Sanchez handled it in the second half, along with the rest of the team, they came out and fought, so did Sanchez, after the first half, that's all I cared about.

Let's see how they finish the season.
    He got two garbage time TDs. He threw a pick in the redzone, he also forgot the damn play and planted on the ground fumbling the ball. He had consistent three and outs for much of the game while it was still a game at all. Punt, interception, fumble were his first three freakin possessions.

This loss is on the front office and coaches plain and simple.......we got rid of all our talent since 2009.....

Dwight Lowery gone
    Braylon gone
    Cotchery gone
    Drew coleman gone
    Damian Woody gone
    Thomas Jones gone
    LT gone
    Kerry Rhodes gone
    Plex gone
    T-Rich gone
    Revis Injured
    Holmes Injured

none of these were ever really replaced...

is anyone really surprised??

I think he does have it.

He's had to deal with as much adversity as any QB has in the league in one season, the injuries, the Tebow crap, the media, and I still saw a QB that pushed and fought, and executed.
    Yeah because Sanchez has shown true grit over the years as he has pouted on the sidelines over the years....

Tell me why Sanchez played poorly tonight? Go ahead.

Let's go over the stats.

Two plays were his fault, the INT, the fumble.

What else?

Self inflicted wounds and an unbelievable turn of events in those 52 seconds...

That was the game

Christ can't help you this time either.

Let's start with the fact that the offense gave up more points in the first half then they scored.

Also how about the fact Sanchez almost has had as many mind numbingly stupid turnovers (2), as points he led the Jets offense to (3). This of course against the outstanding Pats defense who the Bills hung 31 on 2 weeks ago.

Excluding the event with the iceberg the trip on the Titanic wasn't so bad.

Two dumbass plays that cost the Jets points.

I actually love the way Sanchez played
    Unreal. Sanchez is now in competition with Cassel and Gabbert for the worst starting QB in the entire NFL.

He has no touch or accuracy, can't read a defense, doesn't go through his progressions, is a mopey leader, and worst of all he is a walking, talking turnover machine who makes Testaverde look like a master at ball security.

All League
    Hey, the defense is getting better week. Only 49 points. Like cmon, that's gotta be top 5 or somethin.

This is reminiscent of when Ray Ray used to doggedly defend Schotty... sigh

Let's go over the stats.

What else?

Self inflicted wounds and an unbelievable turn of events in those 52 seconds...

That was the game

Christ can't help you this time either.
    You do realize that the INT and the fumble was 14 out of the 21 points in that 52 seconds right?

I think he does have it.

1. Gee only 2 mistakes, that doesn't sound so bad. One gives the Pats a TD, and the other ends a scoring drive.

2. 24/36...FANTASTIC! If you are a big fan of garbage time.

When exactly will all this adversity begin to pay off? Year 12?

yeah, yeah, I know..."GFY, troll!"

Ray Ray starting to sound like: