Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets News & Tweets - 11/23

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I blame the media for creating the distractions on the team this year, and it is ABSOLUTELY 100% the fault of the media and then the fans for buying in and then the team allowing it to affect them.

But what team isn't going to be affected by ESPN doing non-stop covrage and doing all that it can to CREATE that distraction?

How do you or anybody else not see this?

ESPN, the talk radio shows, the newspapers, the hack journalists, they are eating this **** up, the opportunity to kick first, and then kick again while down? The made up circus, the crap about Woody and ratings, Tebow, all of it.

100% PURE MEDIA GENERATED CRAP!!!!
    Rex's loud mouth has nothing to do with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He also appears to do a poor job of checking out of and into bad plays. Watch how many times he yell "Kill, Kill", and the following play is usually one for little to no gain.
    yup

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that the INT and fumble play were too huge plays, and played a role in allowing the Pats to take a big lead and the game get out of hand, but no, I can't buy that he sabatoged the Jets last night and put the blame of last night all on him. No way.
    Do you realize how demoralizing it is for every other plyer out there knowing your QB is THAT mistake prone? That he'll never dig you out of a hole once he's put you in it?

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Do you realize how demoralizing it is for every other plyer out there knowing your QB is THAT mistake prone? That he'll never dig you out of a hole once he's put you in it?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Let me ask you a question, do you realize how many times he checks down to the underneath receiver? The fact that he never sees a WR breaking deep (as rare as that may be with the absurd offense the Jets run). The Jets gameplan was apparently to chew the clock on the ground and keep it close, it worked for a quarter, until turnovers and bad decision making sabotaged it. I'm sitting at my seat trying to figure out how we are going to score 21 points and hold the Pats scoreless at 14-0 the rest of the way in the second quarter, only to have my head start spinning around as if I was in the Exorcist as I witnessed the most absurd stretch in the history of this ridiculous franchise. Sanchez has to make a play at some point, and a good place to start would be against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, instead he opened the floodgates with misreads and mistakes.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with checking down to an underneath receiver, that is part of the game, it's done by every QB in the league.

Often times, especially last year, and even to some extent this year earlier in the season with the injuries at TE, the plays don't last long enough for Sanchez to be able to let the play evolve.

But I would also agree that this has been one of Sanchez's problems in his development, yes. The example of not seeing Hill wide open in the EZ in the Seattle game, and throwing the ball outside instead, yup, that is all on Sanchez.

The Jets lost because of turnovers, 5 of them, 2 by Sanchez, and a 52 second period where it was as if the heavens opened, and the cheaters were stricken with an unbelievable strike of luck to put the game out of reach early in the 2nd quarter.

Apparently God is a Tebow fan too, maybe it was punishment for not giving him a shot sooner? How else can we describe it.

Not only does McKnight fumble that ball, it pops up and hits Edelman in stride?

It's not just Sanchez, it isn't, not last night. Sanchez has had his problems ALL of which I have never refuted. He deserved criticism for many of his struggles. But even then I always responded with the challenges he's had due to lacking talent around him due to injuries onthe team and inexperience of youth on the roster.

I know he hasn't yet lived up to his draft status, but he's also one of a very few set of QB's who has seen an immence amount of turnover on the roster. I just maintain that he can STILL overcome them, and yes, last night, despite the game being out of reach, the fans bemoaning the crap, and seemingly anything and everything stacke dup against him, he put his foot in the dirt, and plowed forward. I can't explain it any more than I have, it was a sign for me and this kid. He still executed, he STILL had command out there, through it all. It's why we are seeing responses from Keller after the game and his disgust for the crowd.

The injuries at WR, the youth and experience, the injuries he's had to deal with all season at TE, at RB, that is HUGE for a QB, any QB. There is only ONE player on the entire team that has extended chemistry with Sanchez before this season that is healthy and active on Sundays, and after missing the first 6 games, that is Keller.

To me, Sanchez, coupled with anything and everything I've mentioned, he's also obviously dealing with his own confidence, but that confidence is impacted because of these other factors. Last night, I saw a QB that for the first time was willing to fight through it, and was numb to the fans, numb to it all, but he put his head down and he fought.

Tell me, Cam Newton is having an unbelievably bad 2nd year as a player, is he done too?
    THen you agree that Tannenbaum and Rex need to go, because they are the ones who put this team together.

Also, As you said, Cam Newton is having an unbelivably bad 2nd year. 2nd year, not 4th year

AND YET HE'S BETTER THAN SANCHEZ IN EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY EXCEPT TD PASSES

Turnovers:
    Sanchez 10 INTs, 10 Fumbles 5 Lost
    Newton 9 INTs, 9 Fumbles 3 Lost

QB Rating:

Sanchez: 75.6
    Newton 79.0

Total TD:

Sanchez: 12
    Newton: 13

Mark Sanchez has been one of 3 worst QBs in the NFL in 3 of his 4 NFL seasons

No QB has played this badly for this long for one team and EVER when on to sucess.

Even Eli Manning showed something by this point in his career. And the reason? The Jets never put him in a position to succeed. This includes Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody Johnson.

You can defend the Jets all you want, but the truth is, the team management sucks right now, the coaching sucks right now, and the QB play is abysmal.

If Sanchez got hurt, the Jets plan was to play a QB with 2 broken ribs. Again, Rex knew he was going to play a QB with 2 broken ribs if Sanchez got hurt. That's just stupid and inexcusable.

The Jets have the least talented offensive skill positions in the NFL. Also totally inexcusable and they are currently in salary cap hell. Totally on Tannenbaum.

You can blame injuries and "bad luck" all you want. But the bottom line is that the Patriots defense outscored Sanchez and the Jets offense 7-3 in the first half and that doesn't include the 3 points Sanchez gave up on the INT.
    THere have already been 3 games this season where the opponents defense outscored Sanchez .

And yet, somehow, you think this team should stay the course they are on. I really like Rex Ryan, and I do think he can be a good coach. But it's clear that he lost whatever he had with this team, and is similar to Andy Reid running the Eagles at this point.

If you still think the 2012 Jets are salavagable, that's great. But It's also great if you believe that unicorns, leprechauns, and Eskimos are real too. Meanwhile Santa Claus isn't coming down the chimney and delivering a team that can beat good teams this year, and the Jets need to draft a QB in the 2013 draft and start over.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The example of not seeing Hill wide open in the EZ in the Seattle game, and throwing the ball outside instead, yup, that is all on Sanchez.
    funny you say that because it was Hill breaking deep last night that I was thinking about when I said what I said, early in the game, and I said to my son next to we are going to Hill deep before the snap, he was at least 7 yards beyond his coverage as Sanchez dumped a three yarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    THen you agree that Tannenbaum and Rex need to go, because they are the ones who put this team together.

Also, As you said, Cam Newton is having an unbelivably bad 2nd year. 2nd year, not 4th year

AND YET HE'S BETTER THAN SANCHEZ IN EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY EXCEPT TD PASSES

Turnovers:
    Sanchez 10 INTs, 10 Fumbles 5 Lost
    Newton 9 INTs, 9 Fumbles 3 Lost

QB Rating:

Sanchez: 75.6
    Newton 79.0

Total TD:

Sanchez: 12
    Newton: 13

Mark Sanchez has been one of 3 worst QBs in the NFL in 3 of his 4 NFL seasons

No QB has played this badly for this long for one team and EVER when on to sucess.

Even Eli Manning showed something by this point in his career. And the reason? The Jets never put him in a position to succeed. This includes Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody Johnson.

You can defend the Jets all you want, but the truth is, the team management sucks right now, the coaching sucks right now, and the QB play is abysmal.

If Sanchez got hurt, the Jets plan was to play a QB with 2 broken ribs. Again, Rex knew he was going to play a QB with 2 broken ribs if Sanchez got hurt. That's just stupid and inexcusable.

The Jets have the least talented offensive skill positions in the NFL. Also totally inexcusable and they are currently in salary cap hell. Totally on Tannenbaum.

You can blame injuries and "bad luck" all you want. But the bottom line is that the Patriots defense outscored Sanchez and the Jets offense 7-3 in the first half and that doesn't include the 3 points Sanchez gave up on the INT.
    THere have already been 3 games this season where the opponents defense outscored Sanchez .

And yet, somehow, you think this team should stay the course they are on. I really like Rex Ryan, and I do think he can be a good coach. But it's clear that he lost whatever he had with this team, and is similar to Andy Reid running the Eagles at this point.

If you still think the 2012 Jets are salavagable, that's great. But It's also great if you believe that unicorns, leprechauns, and Eskimos are real too. Meanwhile Santa Claus isn't coming down the chimney and delivering a team that can beat good teams this year, and the Jets need to draft a QB in the 2013 draft and start over.
    First, I don't think Tanny and Rex should be fired, and especially Rex.

I think Tanny has his hands tied by the owner with the management of the cap the last two years, and he's been forced to get the team back to tweaking, building, and/or rebuilding through the draft while trying to stay competitive. It's a transition from several years back where he/the team made moves to bolster the roster because they felt the team was close enough to go for a championship, i.e. the year of the Favre trade.

Second, I never said, not ONCE that Sanchez was NOT having a bad year.

That's the problem with many of you, you misconstrue my comments on Sanchez as if I'm saying he's great, he's playing great, and the team is playing great.

WAKE UP. He is NOT playing great, he's not playing good, he has absolutely HAD his struggles this year. But what I HAVE said is there are many reasons FOR THAT, that are NOT his fault, and that MANY QB's in this league would have similar struggles if that were the case.

In Cam Newton's case, he has NONE of those same factors working against him. No injuries, he still has many of the same weapons he had last year, he has with him this year, he and the team, his confidence is shot, he's lost his swagger, and he's done that all on his own.

In Sanchez' case, it is SOO much different!

There is absolutely NO reason Sanchez should NOT be the QB right now

He played well

One bad pass, critical play, but a bad pass, those two first drives, were good drives, both ending in extremely disappointing fashion.

Then those 52 seconds

Just an unbelievable display of misfortune, as I've ever seen

I actually love the way Sanchez played, and despite the boos, the fans, the BS, he stayed with it, faced it all, and still executed.

Yeah, it was an embarrassing loss, but I wanted to see how Sanchez handled it in the second half, along with the rest of the team, they came out and fought, so did Sanchez, after the first half, that's all I cared about.

Let's see how they finish the season.
    OMG you ARE kidding aren't you? Forget this season, it's over. Forget Sanchez he's done. I have never seen a play like the one last night where he got flattened by Moore's butt so hard and gave the football to NE to run in for a TD. Reminded me of SH against SF when he got hurt. This team and organization is hemhorroidal and needs an enema. they have no heart, no guts and seem to think they are some 5 time champion that can just show up and cower opponents by their presence.

funny you say that because it was Hill breaking deep last night that I was thinking about when I said what I said, early in the game, and I said to my son next to we are going to Hill deep before the snap, he was at least 7 yards beyond his coverage as Sanchez dumped a three yarder.
    I need to see the play, but it's probably a combination of him not having enough time to let the play develop, and probably his own confidence to allow the play develop.

Jets Insider VIP
    I need to see the play, but it's probably a combination of him not having enough time to let the play develop, and probably his own confidence to allow the play develop.
    Ray..... are your meds OK?

The JETS suck. Just get used to it.

No playoffs, no team respects us.

No team would want Rex, Tanny or Sanchez.

Why is it you dont see that?

Banned
    Collinsworth said the exact same thing on TV.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Collinsworth said the exact same thing on TV.
    really!

that just makes me sicker

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Paid too much by the Jets, or this site's owner, to filibuster on behalf of the team whilst attempting to deflect criticism away from horrendous team play and coaching, which would cause statistically significant exodus of fans and/or JI board membership.

Thanks, I'm just fine. I am one of the few that doesn't have their head in the sand or in a paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Paid too much by the Jets, or this site's owner, to filibuster on behalf of the team whilst attempting to deflect criticism away from horrendous team play and coaching, which would cause statistically significant exodus of fans and/or JI board membership.
    I have no affiliation in anyway shape or form with the Jets.

I'm also not trying to deflect criticism with the team, in this case, I'm talking about Sanchez.

Try harder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed...he is NOT a real person.

NO ONE can be this stupid.

Even the worst of them, sg3 and Jon E jet have been broken. Broken after insulting guys like me for weeks.

FUKK WOODY!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks, I'm just fine. I am one of the few that doesn't have their head in the sand or in a paper bag.
    LOL.....you just keep lobbing up those softballs dont you??

I have no affiliation in anyway shape or form with the Jets.

I'm also not trying to deflect criticism with the team, in this case, I'm talking about Sanchez.

Try harder.
    So you admit you're a JI moderator's alter-ego, or hired by SOOTH, to generate posts.

Agreed...he is NOT a real person.

NO ONE can be this stupid.

Even the worst of them, sg3 and Jon E jet have been broken. Broken after insulting guys like me for weeks.

FUKK WOODY!!!!!
    Exactly. That's why you know it's a ruse.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

So you admit you're a JI moderator's alter-ego, or hired by SOOTH, to generate posts.

Exactly. That's why you know it's a ruse.
    lol

Borgo, the only conspiracy surrounding the Jets and JI is what we witness on Sunday's and in yesterday's case Thursday's. Woody is conspiring to weed out fans through heart attacks.