Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOYCOTT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't know if it would make him a "bandwagon" fan as much as it would make him a "fairweather" fan.
    not missing a game since 1999 and being angry with the bull**** running this team so he went fishing makes him a fairweather fan? lmao ok

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    not missing a game since 1999 and being angry with the bull**** running this team so he went fishing makes him a fairweather fan? lmao ok
    I wasn't saying that, so cool it with the stupid ass attitude. I was saying that, if anything, he'd be more likened to a fairweather fan than a bandwagoner.

Now, please remove yourself from my dick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I don't think that's worthy of calling someone a fairweather fan, but I also don't think that stating the year that you started watching this team or your consecutive games watched streak automatically makes you a diehard.

No disrespect to Joe Willie, but 90% of the negative comments on this board begins with "I've been a fan of this team since (year)... this is the worst team I've ever seen."

We get it. We're all fans. Watching this team for a longer period of time doesn't give you a greater credential than anyone else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who has a better sunday?

You who sits in his house and watches this disaster over the next 5 weeks or me who goes to the beach, casts out and follows the game on my iphone?

And keep in mind im getting tan and u arent.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who has a better sunday?

You who sits in his house and watches this disaster over the next 5 weeks or me who goes to the beach, casts out and follows the game on my iphone?

And keep in mind im getting tan and u arent.
    in all honesty? me.

But that's because even when the Jets are doing bad, I enjoy watching them play. The misery, the frustration... I'd take it every Sunday over a Sunday without them. I don't jump ship and say fire everyone when things fall apart, and I also don't mope around and let it ruin my day when we give up 35 points in a quarter. At the end of the day it's a game, and as serious as I take it, I don't take it that seriously at all. Priorities and perspective is something that far too many fans are lacking in their sports allegiances.

and notice I said all of that without stating the year I started watching this team or how many games I've gone since I've missed one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    in all honesty? me.

But that's because even when the Jets are doing bad, I enjoy watching them play. The misery, the frustration... I'd take it every Sunday over a Sunday without them. I don't jump ship and say fire everyone when things fall apart, and I also don't mope around and let it ruin my day when we give up 35 points in a quarter. At the end of the day it's a game, and as serious as I take it, I don't take it that seriously at all. Priorities and perspective is something that far too many fans are lacking in their sports allegiances.

and notice I said all of that without stating the year I started watching this team or how many games I've gone since I've missed one.
    Ooh! Aren't you special?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    Ooh! Aren't you special?
    nope. I'm just a fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    nope. I'm just a fan.
    Well, I think your a "specially" good fan!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed my first game in 13 years after having surgery on my leg 3 days earlier. I swore I'd never miss another game again. Having a second surgery next Friday and it's hard to justify freezing my ass off, stitches in my leg to watch them but I will be at the Chargers game regardless. I pay for my tickets I'm going to use them. I enjoy the tailgates and time with friends, family, etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I missed my first game in 13 years after having surgery on my leg 3 days earlier. I swore I'd never miss another game again. Having a second surgery next Friday and it's hard to justify freezing my ass off, stitches in my leg to watch them but I will be at the Chargers game regardless. I pay for my tickets I'm going to use them. I enjoy the tailgates and time with friends, family, etc.
    Heal my friend and pray the Jets move the team to LA and another franchise is relocated cuz this one sucks donkey balls...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Jet fan. I will go to the gamesand root for my team.

That's what fans do through good times and bad.

Looking forward to zona in 9 days and my road trip to Jax after that.

GO JETS!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

GO JETS!!!!

and don't forget to insult the rest of us JETS fans who demand more. Its about the only thing you do here anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN1gi8oq74g

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

GO JETS!!!!

Honestly how much more of this bull**** can we really take? There has yet to be a single coaching staff or team that has an answer to the Patriots, Bills, or Dolphins.

Since I've been watching all 3 of those AFCE teams enjoyed a lot of success and division championships - and what do we have? 2 since the merger? And one of those should barely have counted to begin with.

By the time we are finally rid of Brady or Belichick, the Jets have given none of us any reason to beleive that we can 'take over' or be successful in that role.

It's a waste of time and money is what it is - things too precious to waste on these ****ing millionaires.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been boycotting for three years when after 30 years I didn't go for the PSL. You can see how well that has worked and how the team has improved. Of all the years of agony I went through at least I didn't pay an extra few grand for the privilage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If people aren't terminated this morning, why would anybody go to the games?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    If people aren't terminated this morning, why would anybody go to the games?
    Are you a season ticket holder? My tickets and psl is paid for, I've planned my days off to goto these games, so I'm going. In reality, what else is there to do on a Sunday? I became a jets fan when they were bad, enjoyed it when they were good, and am still a fan when there bad. Ill be there in my jersey, section 129, row 15, seat 25 for the last 2 home games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and don't forget to insult the rest of us JETS fans who demand more. Its about the only thing you do here anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN1gi8oq74g
    You could get some special designations as well- for most negative fan, most repetitious,most pointlessly indignant,unique ability to make multiple forums completely unreadable simultaneously, etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    You could get some special designations as well- for most negative fan, most repetitious,most pointlessly indignant,unique ability to make multiple forums completely unreadable simultaneously, etc.
    +1

Seriously JSJ has this third rate bookkeeper ever posted anything about the Jets that doesn't express his hate and loathing for this team

There may be worse fans of the Jets but one worse than this guy would be hard to find

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Are you a season ticket holder? My tickets and psl is paid for, I've planned my days off to goto these games, so I'm going. In reality, what else is there to do on a Sunday? I became a jets fan when they were bad, enjoyed it when they were good, and am still a fan when there bad. Ill be there in my jersey, section 129, row 15, seat 25 for the last 2 home games.
    Of course. PSL owner. I'd like them to play in front of empty seats so they can visualize the disgust. To me, this is worse than the Kotite years, which I never even thought of boycotting, because we keep pretending this team is good and that the organization knows what it is doing. Leon Hess knew changes had to be made. He made the wrong choice initially (Kotite) then the right choice (Parcells). At least he tried and at the end things got better. He didn't pretend that the team was good. I'm tired of the bullsh*t play and the bullsh*t press conferences where we "had a good practice" and the fans will get "my best shot". People need to be terminated. There is no accountability in this organization. The Jets have plenty of money and they were furloughing their employees. But, the product on the field is total sh*t for two years already and the football operations people suffer no consequences and we have to pay PSLs to watch this crap. Clearly, embarrassment on national TV for two years straight is not enough to warrant terminations. I'll try anything at this point. This organization is a joke.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Where are the changes?
    Last edited by escamoter2; 11-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets PSLs should be tax deductable. Definitely should count as donating to a charity.
    Last edited by InsideBlitz; 11-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.