Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 120

Thread: bye bye rex

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Teams that win in this league have good QB's.

    Where did all of that consistency with Cowher get the Steelers? Nowhere...until Roethlisberger entered the picture.

    Where did all of that consistency with Andy Reid get the Eagles? Nowhere. He's getting sh*t canned at the end of the season. After 15 years without a championship.
    Do you think Roethlisberger would have won a SB in his second year if he stepped onto a team with a HC that was brand new? Probably not. He was drafted into a situation and onto a team that was well established and built strong for almost a decade prior to his arrival. Consistency.

    Andy Reid, sure he may be leaving town without a ring, but to put up a run like that guy had... sometimes the great ones just don't break through. Anyone here would sign up for 4 championship games, a SB appearance and numerous 12-4 seasons over the last decade.

    Who are we kidding, we'd still find a reason to complain.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Do you think Roethlisberger would have won a SB in his second year if he stepped onto a team with a HC that was brand new? Probably not. He was drafted into a situation and onto a team that was well established and built strong for almost a decade prior to his arrival. Consistency.

    Andy Reid, sure he may be leaving town without a ring, but to put up a run like that guy had... sometimes the great ones just don't break through. Anyone here would sign up for 4 championship games, a SB appearance and numerous 12-4 seasons over the last decade.

    Who are we kidding, we'd still find a reason to complain.
    BOO!

  3. #23
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. (That's why Ray Ray agrees with you.) This organization's ineptitude is insufferable. But, let's stick with it, 'cause they're our beloved Jets...
    You're free to leave and stop watching at any time.

    It's the fanbase's ineptitude that is insufferable.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait to see who our next scapegoat is!!!!!!!!!!!

    5 years of HERM-Fired

    3 years of MANGENIUS-Fired

    4 years of SEXY REX-Fired

    4 years of __________ -most likely fired


    Lets stick with this formula because its working!!!!!!

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Cant wait to see who our next scapegoat is!!!!!!!!!!!

    5 years of HERM-Fired

    3 years of MANGENIUS-Fired

    4 years of SEXY REX-Fired

    4 years of __________ -most likely fired


    Lets stick with this formula because its working!!!!!!
    don't forget the beasts we have waiting in the wings... Brett Ratliff, Greg McElroy.

    You know, because it's so incredibly easy to find a franchise QB. The next one has to be the one! The current one is always the scrub.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    don't forget the beasts we have waiting in the wings... Brett Ratliff, Greg McElroy.

    You know, because it's so incredibly easy to find a franchise QB. The next one has to be the one! The current one is always the scrub.
    yeap and dont forget that every single high draft pick thats a QB is a franchise QB we are guaranteed to land one if we lose every game. The scouts said so.......like they did with Tim Couch, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Brady Quinn, David Carr, Alex Smith, Akili Smith...

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    don't forget the beasts we have waiting in the wings... Brett Ratliff, Greg McElroy.

    You know, because it's so incredibly easy to find a franchise QB. The next one has to be the one! The current one is always the scrub.
    what's your point?

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    what's your point?
    that the next big thing is not so easily attainable. and if we blow it all up and start over, we could in fact, end up worse off.

    Jets fans are so focused on the hypothetical, oversimplified rise to domination of the next regime that doesn't even exist yet.

    New HC, #1 overall draft pick, Stud QB. Championships.

    I wonder why such a successful formula hasn't been discovered by other teams yet. Oh wait it has. The formula is a complete crapshoot.
    Last edited by Sanchez 3:16; 11-23-2012 at 02:52 AM.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tanny and rex will be gone immediately after the season. And if we cant get rid of sanchez, he will be stapled to the bench until we can cut him loose. Tonight was another step in the right direction for our franchise.
    I wish that was the case but tannebaum is up woodys ass and Rex is up Tannys ass and mark is up Rex's and moores ass until they all go we will be riding the ass train

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    yeap and dont forget that every single high draft pick thats a QB is a franchise QB we are guaranteed to land one if we lose every game. The scouts said so.......like they did with Tim Couch, Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Brady Quinn, David Carr, Alex Smith, Akili Smith...
    All better than suckchez

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    All better than suckchez
    The only good part of the game was that your hideous POS Heblows didn't play and make things even worse



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The only good part of the game was that your hideous POS Heblows didn't play and make things even worse



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Tell me genius how can they be worse?

  13. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Tanny should have far more blame coming than Rex. The Jets roster is atrocious, and Tanny has a lot more to do with it then Rex does. You can only polish a turd so much.

    Rex gets a lot of heat because he's a windbag and doesn't say the things fans want to hear, but to say he's the sole reason for the Jets woes is way off, in my opinion. Is he the greatest coach in the NFL? Far from it, he's proven he's plenty capable with a good roster though, and right now, we are far, far from a good roster.
    I think Tanny deserves top blame, but I think this is becoming a combo deal with him and Rex. Jets have used their last 3 first round picks on defense...which I think was influenced by Rex to Tanny. And while I believe Tanny wouldn't know a talented football player if he fell on him, I think it's pretty much the same with Rex...especially when it comes to offense.

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that coaching consistency is important, but we don't even give our Presidents more than 4 years before holding another election. If he's doing a good job we give him another 4 years.

    Hmmmm, which is harder: running the country or running a football team?
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 11-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I think Tanny deserves top blame, but I think this is becoming a combo deal with him and Rex. Jets have used their last 3 first round picks on defense...which I think was influenced by Rex to Tanny. And while I believe Tanny wouldn't know a talented football player if he fell on him, I think it's pretty much the same with Rex...especially when it comes to offense.
    well said

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    that the next big thing is not so easily attainable. and if we blow it all up and start over, we could in fact, end up worse off.

    Jets fans are so focused on the hypothetical, oversimplified rise to domination of the next regime that doesn't even exist yet.

    New HC, #1 overall draft pick, Stud QB. Championships.

    I wonder why such a successful formula hasn't been discovered by other teams yet. Oh wait it has. The formula is a complete crapshoot.
    It may be a crapshoot, but we're never gonna win unless we actually roll the dice.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. (That's why Ray Ray agrees with you.) This organization's ineptitude is insufferable. But, let's stick with it, 'cause they're our beloved Jets...
    +1

    Rex Ryan is probably one of the worst head coaches in New York Jets history.

    It's hysterical how fans turn on Mark Sanchez because he "keeps making the same mistakes he made when he was a rookie" but they let Rex Ryan completely off the hook even though he's doing the exact same thing.

    We can survive, even thrive, with one player here or there not improving the way we would like. We cannot survive with the head coach acting the same way.

    SAR I

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree it cant get any worse.
    Oh, yes it can, and it will. Take it to the bank.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. As long as Rex is HC IT WILL get worse

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Cant wait to see who our next scapegoat is!!!!!!!!!!!

    5 years of HERM-Fired

    3 years of MANGENIUS-Fired

    4 years of SEXY REX-Fired

    4 years of __________ -most likely fired


    Lets stick with this formula because its working!!!!!!
    Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us