Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bye bye rex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is the Jets won't ever hire an established coaching staff with the ability to question and demand things from the GM and owner. You hire Cowher, Reid, or any other high profile headcoach after this season and they are going to want CONTROL OF PERSONNEL as well total control of all on-field football decisions. The Jets consistently hire coaches that can neither question the upper management nor build the team they want to put on the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Rex Ryan is probably one of the worst head coaches in New York Jets history.

It's hysterical how fans turn on Mark Sanchez because he "keeps making the same mistakes he made when he was a rookie" but they let Rex Ryan completely off the hook even though he's doing the exact same thing.

We can survive, even thrive, with one player here or there not improving the way we would like. We cannot survive with the head coach acting the same way.

SAR I
    sar i mark sanchez flat out sucks didnt you watch the game last night havent you been watching all season?

the qb is the team leader sanchez is no leader hes a failure. he needs to go and if rex sticks with him i hope it costs rex his job as well.

please stop masquerading here as a fan who has all the answers and solutions to this teams problems. supporting sanchez proves you dont.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Cant wait to see who our next scapegoat is!!!!!!!!!!!

5 years of HERM-Fired

3 years of MANGENIUS-Fired

4 years of SEXY REX-Fired

4 years of __________ -most likely fired

Lets stick with this formula because its working!!!!!!

2 years of RAY HANDLEY - Fired

4 years of DAN REEVES - Fired

7 years of JIM FASSEL - Went to Super Bowl Year 4 - Fired

4 years of TOM COUGHLIN - Super Bowl

That's the formula that works. If you clearly suck, you get 2 Years. If you're anyone else you get 4 Years. Coughlin won it in Year 4 or would have been gone. Fassel made it to the Super Bowl in Year 4, stuck with the dud far too long as a result.

Rex Ryan is getting worse, not better. It's Year 4. Bye-bye.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a huge supporter of Rex's, but now I agree with SAR. Rex and Tanny need to go. Enough is enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I've been a huge supporter of Rex's, but now I agree with SAR. Rex and Tanny need to go. Enough is enough.
    Sanchez has to go as well. He is beyond terrible.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    i agree hes the worst qb in the league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed but we're stuck with him for another year. Rex and Tanny can be let go now with impunity.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed but we're stuck with him for another year. Rex and Tanny can be let go now with impunity.
    take the cap hit and cut him. there is no other way.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see the beat writers ratchet up the heat on this team's FO and coaching staff. Pound them everyday like Dan Leberfeld and hold them accountable.

This is now a joke franchise again and I've had enough of Rex's stand up routine and Tanny the dissembler and incompetent football executive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did give up on herm and mangini. And they both went on to run the cheifs and browns into the ground and are now unemployed. What were we thinking?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

It's hysterical how fans turn on Mark Sanchez because he "keeps making the same mistakes he made when he was a rookie" but they let Rex Ryan completely off the hook even though he's doing the exact same thing.

We can survive, even thrive, with one player here or there not improving the way we would like. We cannot survive with the head coach acting the same way.

SAR I
    His foolish bravado makes me believe he is either ignorant of the lack of talent on his team or just unable to contain his own arrogance (I've also not yet ruled out just plain stupid). This alone is reason enough to be rid of him. Please give me a serious man as HC. It is a big time responsibility and only grown-ups should be considered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

SAR I
    We've been fans for a long time now and we both agree on a few things
    but this time we can't be anymore right on the Jets HC position.
    REX RYAN got to go" "REX MUST GO"!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two are not connected.

Rex Ryan is 50 and has been in the NFL longer than Mark Sanchez has been alive. He's been around the game long, long enough for us to have very high expectations in Year 4.

Mark Sanchez just turned 26 and has just 3.5 years under his belt. Unlike Rex Ryan, Mark can't decide who to surround himself with, what talent he wants to throw to, to block for him, to run for him.

As a 4th year quarterback, Mark Sanchez is "disappointing".

As a 4th year head coach, Rex Ryan is "failing".

Big difference.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    Yay let's restart every 4 years! That's the ticket!

Every 4? Tannenbaum has been the GM since '06 and Terry Bradway has been in this front office since '01. Stop focusing on the head coach, this is about the incompetent front office and it's time to clean it out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two are not connected.

Rex Ryan is 50 and has been in the NFL longer than Mark Sanchez has been alive. He's been around the game long, long enough for us to have very high expectations in Year 4.

Mark Sanchez just turned 26 and has just 3.5 years under his belt. Unlike Rex Ryan, Mark can't decide who to surround himself with, what talent he wants to throw to, to block for him, to run for him.

As a 4th year quarterback, Mark Sanchez is "disappointing".

As a 4th year head coach, Rex Ryan is "failing".

Big difference.

SAR I
    So what exactly does a 4th year "failing" QB look like if not exactly like Sanchez?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So what exactly does a 4th year "failing" QB look like if not exactly like Sanchez?
    Chad Pennington. Matthew Stafford. Josh Freeman.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    and by then we'll be 51 years without a championship, and the masses will continue to complain and not understand why we haven't been to a SB since the LBJ administration.

consistency. the teams that win in this league most frequently do so through consistency.

but yeah, let's blow it up.
    Just what do you see from Rex, Tanny or Sanchez that would suggest that they are on the right track? If there ever was a case to blow it up it is this team now.

I swear, some of you dumbos would still like Richie Kotite as coach and be in year 20 of his visionary rebuild.

This team and the people that run it have a flawed approach.

- NFL today slants everything towards a passing offense rules wise, thus we go ground and pound.
    - A terrible OC hire in Sparano.
    - Going out of their way to never have a viable backup QB and sinking with the starter who has utterly failed.
    - the biggest signings and cash out lay for players are almost exclusively bad moves. (Harris, Sanchez, 'tone' all terrible contracts for the level of play.
    - A drafting philosophy that is polar opposite from most of the successful teams.
    - A coach that is addicted to vet players even if they can no longer play in the league (Scott, Smith, Pace, Thomas)
    - A total inability to see the big weaknesses on the team until at least two years after the average fan. (Safety, olb)
    - An environment where there is really no competition for positions and no consequence for lousy play.
    - An unhelathy buddy buddy relationship between the coach and GM where the strong personality of the coach seems to overwhelm the gm who is the person who should be calling the shots.

If people want to retain Rex Ryan I am fine with that as long as we hire an old curmodgeon GM who will tell rex to stfu and stay out of player personnel decisions.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington. Matthew Stafford. Josh Freeman.

SAR I
    stafford and freeman are 100x better than sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    SOJ.

I wanna see who refutes this now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    stafford and freeman are 100x better than sanchez.
    This thread is about Rex Ryan. Please find another thread to discuss Mark Sanchez. Maybe start one yourself.

SAR I