Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: bye bye rex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Chad Pennington. Matthew Stafford. Josh Freeman.

SAR I
    Are you doing stand-up now? This has to be a joke. Sanchez couldn't hold the clipboard for any of those guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Good comparison since Pennington played only 10 games in his 4th season. Here are the Stats. Now explain how Sanchez is only "disappointing" while the the others are "failing", especially in light of the fact that Sanchez has the least TD passes, lowest completion percentage, most turnovers, and lowest rating.

Freeman 180/319 2,505yds 56.4% 21 td 7 int 6 fumbles 94.6 rating
    Stafford 296/488 3,429yds 60.7% 14 td 10 int 2 fumbles 82.9 rating
    Pennington 189/297 2,139yds 63.6% 13 td 12 int 5 fumbles 82.9 rating
    Sanchez 194/350 2,339yds 55.4% 12 td 10 int 10 fumbles 75.6 rating

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Josh Freeman TD -21 Int - 7 Rating 94.6
    Matthew Stafford TD - 14 Int - 10 Rating 82.9
    Mark Sanchez TD- 12 Int - 10 Rating 75.6

I would take what you call failing Freeman anyday over Sanchez.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Good comparison since Pennington played only 10 games in his 4th season. Here are the Stats. Now explain how Sanchez is only "disappointing" while the the others are "failing", especially in light of the fact that Sanchez has the least TD passes, lowest completion percentage, most turnovers, and lowest rating.

Freeman 180/319 2,505yds 56.4% 21 td 7 int 6 fumbles 94.6 rating
    Stafford 296/488 3,429yds 60.7% 14 td 10 int 2 fumbles 82.9 rating
    Pennington 189/297 2,139yds 63.6% 13 td 12 int 5 fumbles 82.9 rating
    Sanchez 194/350 2,339yds 55.4% 12 td 10 int 10 fumbles 75.6 rating
    Chad Pennington had a Hall of Fame Running Back, a legitimate emergency dump-off threat, receivers like Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, Wayne Chrebet to bond with, and a Top 5 offensive line.

He should have outperformed Mark Sanchez who has been hamstrung by a weak supporting cast, a terrible OL, a non-existent running game, and a revolving door of receiving targets who he cannot bond with.

Nothing has changed since Cortland. Everything we saw there with an inept offense is still here, worse even with Holmes out. So it surprises you that Mark Sanchez isn't improving as the season progresses? Like he's supposed to with these horrible players around him?

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it surprises you that Mark Sanchez isn't improving as the season progresses? Like he's supposed to with these horrible players around him?

SAR I
    Blame others if you like but How many red zone INT's will be enough for you? The INT was completely on Sanchez. How many fumbles will it take before you see what others see? The fumble was All on Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington had a Hall of Fame Running Back, a legitimate emergency dump-off threat, receivers like Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, Wayne Chrebet to bond with, and a Top 5 offensive line.

He should have outperformed Mark Sanchez who has been hamstrung by a weak supporting cast, a terrible OL, a non-existent running game, and a revolving door of receiving targets who he cannot bond with.

Nothing has changed since Cortland. Everything we saw there with an inept offense is still here, worse even with Holmes out. So it surprises you that Mark Sanchez isn't improving as the season progresses? Like he's supposed to with these horrible players around him?

SAR I
    Having actually been right about a number of things NY Jets wise you are an expert and totally ruining any and all credibility you may have had as a football poster by your unending support of Mark Sanchez. The numbers say he is a terrible QB and has been one almost since day one. Watching him play back ups up everything the stats say. Except it is worse.

One could look at Mark Sanchez and look at the turnovers as a problem point, what those numbers do not show is the number of ghastly turnovers in the red zone and the demoralizing effect they have on a team.

As for your comparisons about what they had to work with, Sanchez had a top 5 in the league oline, running game and defense his 1st two years, the years the team had success. The minute those things wavered the team went into the toilet.

Qb is the most important position on the field and we have the worst starter in the whole league at that position. It all starts with him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

LOL. That Jet team with that Top 5 OL, HOF RB, and top shelf receivers finished 6-10, with Pennington returning from injury to lead them to a 4-5 finish.
    So, it must have been the D's fault, which only ranked 8th in scoring D in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    and by then we'll be 51 years without a championship, and the masses will continue to complain and not understand why we haven't been to a SB since the LBJ administration.

consistency. the teams that win in this league most frequently do so through consistency.

but yeah, let's blow it up.
    Actually, the teams that win consistently have a good QB...

You could keep bringing in new coaches, you could keep Rex...doesn't really matter. The teams that win consistently have good QB's - therefor you don't have to fire the coaches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Every 4? Tannenbaum has been the GM since '06 and Terry Bradway has been in this front office since '01. Stop focusing on the head coach, this is about the incompetent front office and it's time to clean it out.
    This guy gets it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    stafford and freeman are 100x better than sanchez.
    look at what the other teams do to support their QB

lions:
    megatron
    jahvid best (who is injury prone) then they drafted mikel leshoure
    titus young
    pettigrew

stafford - he had a monster year last year but do you see what stafford is doing this year? also he has only been able to stay healthy for the last 1.5 years

bucs:
    mike williams
    doug martin
    vincent jackson
    dallas clark (former shadow of himself but still reliable)

Freeman is on fire this year but did you see what he did last year?
    i like rex but to support what SAR is saying, look at the difference greg schiano makes...

tell me which skill player you wouldnt take over ours?
    dont even get me started on the oline

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    Blame others if you like but How many red zone INT's will be enough for you? The INT was completely on Sanchez. How many fumbles will it take before you see what others see? The fumble was All on Sanchez.
    Actually, that was not a Red Zone INT.

The play started at the 23-yard line, and not inside the 20.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, that was not a Red Zone INT.

The play started at the 23-yard line, and not inside the 20.
    You are correct - but what are 3 yards in a 49-19 blowout?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for the "Fire Rex" camp.....well actually 2 questions .....

1. Do you believe Sanchez is a bad QB?

2. IF you do believe Sanchez is a bad QB, name me another HC that has gone as far as Rex in the playoffs (4 road Wins, 2 title games, beat Manning, Brady) with a bad QB?

Sent from my LG-P999
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 11-23-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct - but what are 3 yards in a 49-19 blowout?
    Just like all my posts, I wanted to be objective and accurate.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't lose this game because of Mark's interception or Mark's fumble.

The defense was absolutely porous and let Tom Brady pick them to pieces.

Special-teams made stupid decisions on kickoffs all night, eventually resulting in a fumble and return for a TD.

The offensive coordinator kept running up the middle against strength of the Patriots defense, and was running draw plays down by 35 points.

The head coach didn't have his team prepared for the biggest game of the season.

The GM in ensured a horrific offense before August started.

It's very convenient to talk about how badly the quarterback played. It's a waste of time to do that. There should be no expectation that Mark Sanchez would play well considering how badly the offense has been constructed. Talk about the defense, talk about where all our high draft picks went, talk about our brilliant head coach who was a fabulous defensive coordinator. Talk about special-teams where Mike Westhoff is regarded as the best coach in the business.

Quarterback is 10% of our problem. How about we start talking about the 90%.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    look at what the other teams do to support their QB

lions:
    megatron
    jahvid best (who is injury prone) then they drafted mikel leshoure
    titus young
    pettigrew

stafford - he had a monster year last year but do you see what stafford is doing this year? also he has only been able to stay healthy for the last 1.5 years

bucs:
    mike williams
    doug martin
    vincent jackson
    dallas clark (former shadow of himself but still reliable)

Freeman is on fire this year but did you see what he did last year?
    i like rex but to support what SAR is saying, look at the difference greg schiano makes...

tell me which skill player you wouldnt take over ours?
    dont even get me started on the oline
    Thank you.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    LOL. That Jet team with that Top 5 OL, HOF RB, and top shelf receivers finished 6-10, with Pennington returning from injury to lead them to a 4-5 finish.
    So, it must have been the D's fault, which only ranked 8th in scoring D in the NFL.:
    I'm talking about the sum-total of Pennington's career, not some arbitrary season that he actually was upright and able to play.

Mark Sanchez has been here 3 1/2 years and has already played more games than Chad Pennington did in a decade.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't lose this game because of Mark's interception or Mark's fumble.SAR I
    No - the Jets did not lose just because of Sanchez's 2 boneheaded plays. There are many problems on the Jets team - many, from top to bottom, but Sanchez is One of the many problems that needs solving before the Jets improve.

Let's not overlook the obvious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't lose this game because of Mark's interception or Mark's fumble.

The defense was absolutely porous and let Tom Brady pick them to pieces.

Special-teams made stupid decisions on kickoffs all night, eventually resulting in a fumble and return for a TD.

The offensive coordinator kept running up the middle against strength of the Patriots defense, and was running draw plays down by 35 points.

The head coach didn't have his team prepared for the biggest game of the season.

The GM in ensured a horrific offense before August started.

It's very convenient to talk about how badly the quarterback played. It's a waste of time to do that. There should be no expectation that Mark Sanchez would play well considering how badly the offense has been constructed. Talk about the defense, talk about where all our high draft picks went, talk about our brilliant head coach who was a fabulous defensive coordinator. Talk about special-teams where Mike Westhoff is regarded as the best coach in the business.

Quarterback is 10% of our problem. How about we start talking about the 90%.

SAR I
    I second all these points. I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite and he doesn't need to be. They need to surround him with people that have the talent and want to win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as Woody Johnson owns this team, WE WILL SUCK... It doesn't matter who he brings in.. his priorities are to steal headlines and make $$$$... we should all sign a petition on change.org and ask Woody to Sell the Team to someone who gives a shiit.