Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: bye bye rex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez has been here 3 1/2 years and has already played more games than Chad Pennington did in a decade. SAR I
    Not true. Pennington played 66 games over the 6 years when he was the starter for the NY Jets. The first 2 years he rode the bench.

Sanchez has played in 57 games in 3.69 seasons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I second all these points. I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite and he doesn't need to be. They need to surround him with people that have the talent and want to win.
    Bullshlt...That play is Sanchez's way of begging out, like Tyson biting off Holyfield's ear or an MMA guy giving up his back, he's scared and wants out, Thanks Rex and Tanny for re-upping him and killing our chances of dumping him.

The guy obviously closed his eyes and ran straight ahead, probably screaming like the little bltch that he is...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    and by then we'll be 51 years without a championship, and the masses will continue to complain and not understand why we haven't been to a SB since the LBJ administration.

consistency. the teams that win in this league most frequently do so through consistency.

but yeah, let's blow it up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/CowhBi0.htm

Even some of the best coaches have their ups and downs

Stay the course with Rex...he'll win again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    as long as Woody Johnson owns this team, WE WILL SUCK... It doesn't matter who he brings in.. his priorities are to steal headlines and make $$$$... we should all sign a petition on change.org and ask Woody to Sell the Team to someone who gives a shiit.
    How come we didn't suck in 2009 or 2010 ??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington had a Hall of Fame Running Back, a legitimate emergency dump-off threat, receivers like Santana Moss, Laverneous Coles, Wayne Chrebet to bond with, and a Top 5 offensive line.

He should have outperformed Mark Sanchez who has been hamstrung by a weak supporting cast, a terrible OL, a non-existent running game, and a revolving door of receiving targets who he cannot bond with.

Nothing has changed since Cortland. Everything we saw there with an inept offense is still here, worse even with Holmes out. So it surprises you that Mark Sanchez isn't improving as the season progresses? Like he's supposed to with these horrible players around him?

SAR I
    You called it on this buffoon Rex before anyone and I would like to congratulate you on that.

But now you're defending Sanchez, and going off the deep end as far as I'm concerned, Rex and his coaching may be why Sanchez has turned into a scared, gutless and as we found out last night, Blind QB, but at this point it is too late, there is no saving him. he has no guts and he wants out, he's actually begging out.

He needs to go with the whole regime

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I have a question for the "Fire Rex" camp.....well actually 2 questions .....

1. Do you believe Sanchez is a bad QB?

2. IF you do believe Sanchez is a bad QB, name me another HC that has gone as far as Rex in the playoffs (4 road Wins, 2 title games, beat Manning, Brady) with a bad QB?

Sent from my LG-P999
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/CowhBi0.htm

Even some of the best coaches have their ups and downs

Stay the course with Rex...he'll win again
    That's why I asked the question above......

Find me a HC that has had as much playoff success with a bad QB if you believe Mark is bad.

Then look at the SB winning teams......how many have a bad QB but great HC? Then how many have a bad/JAG type coach and a great QB?

How much did Belechick win before Brady? Coughlin before Eli? Cowher before Roethlisberger? Holmgren before Favre or after? Jimmy Johnson after Aikmen?

HC is obviously important.....but without players, especially a QB, how many overcome and have consistent success year after year?

Who picks the players? That's the man that needs to be fired IMO. Not many would do more than Rex has in the last 3 2/3 years than Rex has with Sanchez, no pass rusher, no top RB, no dominant WR, no game changing LBer, etc.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I second all these points. I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite and he doesn't need to be. They need to surround him with people that have the talent and want to win.
    Precisely.

Rex Ryan's strategy is to win on defense and a strong running game. So when those two areas fail as badly as they failed last night, 90% of the conversation should be about that not about the bad play of the quarterback.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez had a Hall of Fame Running Back, a legitimate emergency dump-off threat, receivers like Jerricho Cotchery, Laverneous Coles, Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes to bond with, and a Top 5 offensive line.

He should have outperformed Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford who has been hamstrung by a weak supporting cast, chronic injury, a terrible OL, a non-existent running game, and a revolving door of receiving targets who he cannot bond with.

Nothing has changed since Cortland. Everything we saw there with an inept offense is still here, worse even with Holmes out. So it surprises you that Mark Sanchez isn't improving as the season progresses? Like he's supposed to with these horrible players around him?

SAR I
    Fixed
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 11-23-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan's strategy is to win on defense and a strong running game. So when those two areas fail as badly as they failed last night, 90% of the conversation should be about that not about the bad play of the quarterback.

SAR I
    With all due respect, Ryan, Tanny , and Sanchez's day has come and gone. The page will be turned, fair or not, justified or not. Today is the first day of moving on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    With all due respect, Ryan, Tanny , and Sanchez's day has come and gone. The page will be turned, fair or not, justified or not. Today is the first day of moving on.
    Link?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    Fire them all, today Woody!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You called it on this buffoon Rex before anyone and I would like to congratulate you on that.

But now you're defending Sanchez, and going off the deep end as far as I'm concerned, Rex and his coaching may be why Sanchez has turned into a scared, gutless and as we found out last night, Blind QB, but at this point it is too late, there is no saving him. he has no guts and he wants out, he's actually begging out.

He needs to go with the whole regime
    I guess what I'm saying is two things:

1. Mark Sanchez showed enough poise and ability during his first two seasons to make me believe that he has a good future when surrounded with decent talent.

2. Mark Sanchez is playing very badly right now, but the hope is that the Jets have ruined him in the short-term and that he can bounce back under a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and new GM.

After Mark Sanchez shook off the rookie jitters we went on a 16-4 run. As soon as the OL broke down, the WR's changed, and the RB eroded, Mark declined as any other quarterback would. I've waited 40 years for a franchise quarterback and I've seen enough positives from Mark Sanchez to say it's too early to give up on him.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for the "Fire Rex" camp.....well actually 2 questions .....

1. Do you believe Sanchez is a bad QB?

2. IF you do believe Sanchez is a bad QB, name me another HC that has gone as far as Rex in the playoffs (4 road Wins, 2 title games, beat Manning, Brady) with a bad QB?

Sent from my LG-P999
    1. yes

2. Whoever coached these QB's when they went to the SB.

David Woodley
    Rex Grossman
    Neil O'donnell
    Tony Eason
    Stan Humphries

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, that was not a Red Zone INT.

The play started at the 23-yard line, and not inside the 20.
    So you are willing to admit that Sanchez is improving?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Fixed
    Thank you for supporting my point. In 2009 into 2010 with the likes of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and LaDainian Tomlinson the Jets won 16 of 20 games and had 4 playoff wins.

Since those weapons all left, Mark Sanchez has been unable to duplicate that level of success.

This ain't rocket science.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    1. yes

David Woodley
    Rex Grossman
    Neil O'donnell
    Tony Eason
    Stan Humphries
    So there's the answer ..... sign one of the handful above ....... Lovie Smith, Bill Cowher, Bobby Ross...

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So there's the answer ..... sign one of the handful above ....... Lovie Smith, Bill Cowher, Bobby Ross...

Sent from my LG-P999
    Get this done today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my LG-P999
    We should absolutely go after Cowher and give him the GM job too if that's what it'll take. Woody should be doing everything in his power to get Cowher here.

I don't want another first time HC or a retread failure. Let's get Cowher and give him time to build a team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my LG-P999
    What made those coaches smart is they recognized the QB was bad and even after taking their team to the SB, just about every one of the QB's lost his position in the next season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    1. yes

David Woodley
    Rex Grossman
    Neil O'donnell
    Tony Eason
    Stan Humphries
    More SOJF-style conflation of fiction with truth, Humphries doesn't belong in that group.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.