Thread: Best Jets game I've Ever Been To!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Jets game I've Ever Been To!!

I live 2 hrs and 45 minutes away from Metlife Stadium, and one thing's for sure, this is the first time where I've made the drive back after the game, and by the time I'm back home, Jets postgame live is still on and going strong!!! In last year's Patriots game, the Jets actually competed in the first half before getting reamed, but in this game, they made it simple and got reamed midway through the second quarter. Took off after the McKnight fumble (meanwhile the guy is so stupid that prior to the play, he's standing in the back of the endzone trying to get the crowd pumped up, after the game was 21-0, and then he himself promptly fumbles for a touchdown), and I must say, that was the best I've ever felt leaving that stadium when the team lost. When you have a game like that and your team gets reamed so badly that you HAVE to leave early in the second quarter, you realize how much of a sucker you are when it's a close game that they end up losing, you stayed through it all, and it amounted to the same result, 3 hours later.

All I can say is, last year's game was 13-9 at half, so ya have to stay around for the whole game only to have the team get raped, but tonight it happened in a matter of 50 seconds, and that saved us loyal fans somewhere in the vicinity of 3 hrs of our lives to get started on the drive home, and for that, I must say, I am very thankful.

J!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 11-23-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was some game to be at. Call me a "fake fan" all you want but, I was out after the second quarter ended and made it home at a reasonable hour. Woody should refund every Jet fan that had to pay hard earned money to see that load of donkey $hi+ on Thanksgiving night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    That was some game to be at. Call me a "fake fan" all you want but, I was out after the second quarter ended and made it home at a reasonable hour. Woody should refund every Jet fan that had to pay hard earned money to see that load of donkey $hi+ on Thanksgiving night.
    As my Dad and I were walking through the parking lot (having left at 28-0) a group of 4 or so people were walking TOWARDS the Stadium, obviously having just gotten there, and they look over at us, and one of them said something like "these guys look happy." LMAO

Here's a personal home statistic for me:

In 3 of the 5 home games I've been to this year, the Jets didn't score a single touchdown by the time I left, and in fact, I only witnessed 3 points that were scored in those games (0 points against San Francisco, 3 points against Miami, and 0 points tonight). That's pretty impressive, in those 3 games, I got to see a grand total of 3 points scored by the Jets. It's a good thing the Jets used their vanilla offense in the preseason, because nobody could'ev ever expected what they were going to unleash in the regular season with this Tony Sparano high powered offense!!!!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 11-23-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean Sparano's super secret wild cat offense that was kept hidden from the fans and media all during training camp, preseason and has a combined total of like 7 yards this year? It's pure genius. I can see why they handed out the scarves at the game tonight....something to hang ourselves with after watching this debacle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    You mean Sparano's super secret wild cat offense that was kept hidden from the fans and media all during training camp, preseason and has a combined total of like 7 yards this year? It's pure genius. I can see why they handed out the scarves at the game tonight....something to hang ourselves with after watching this debacle.
    LOLOLOL

Guy that sits behind me made that exact comment during the game about the scarves, lmao

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump in honor of the Jets having the courtesy to get raped in the second quarter rather than dragging it out and letting it happen in the late 3rd or 4th quarter, thus saving us fans about 2+ hours of extra agony. Thank you Jets for having that consideration!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    I live 2 hrs and 45 minutes away from Metlife Stadium, and one thing's for sure, this is the first time where I've made the drive back after the game, and by the time I'm back home, Jets postgame live is still on and going strong!!! In last year's Patriots game, the Jets actually competed in the first half before getting reamed, but in this game, they made it simple and got reamed midway through the second quarter. Took off after the McKnight fumble (meanwhile the guy is so stupid that prior to the play, he's standing in the back of the endzone trying to get the crowd pumped up, after the game was 21-0, and then he himself promptly fumbles for a touchdown), and I must say, that was the best I've ever felt leaving that stadium when the team lost. When you have a game like that and your team gets reamed so badly that you HAVE to leave early in the second quarter, you realize how much of a sucker you are when it's a close game that they end up losing, you stayed through it all, and it amounted to the same result, 3 hours later.

All I can say is, last year's game was 13-9 at half, so ya have to stay around for the whole game only to have the team get raped, but tonight it happened in a matter of 50 seconds, and that saved us loyal fans somewhere in the vicinity of 3 hrs of our lives to get started on the drive home, and for that, I must say, I am very thankful.

J!
    We only had 2 hours each way. Our best part was having a great view of all the big plays as the 2Q scores came into our endzone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    We only had 2 hours each way. Our best part was having a great view of all the big plays as the 2Q scores came into our endzone.
    Same here, so that's definitely one positive to take away from the game, we actually got to watch greatness in front of our eyes for the first time since the San Francisco game this year and the New England game last year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a positive note...I highly doubt the NFL gives Woody a Thanksgiving Night home game for several years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    On a positive note...I highly doubt the NFL gives Woody any respect for several years.
    fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    fixed
    Go sharpen your pencils, polish your wingtips and read your bulletins and let Jet fans discuss the Jets

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Go sharpen your pencils, polish your wingtips and read your bulletins and let delusional Jet fans discuss the Jets 2 SB's that I predicted this decade under Sanchez.

fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow

What a comedian

You must be a laff riot socking down those grits at the NC regional AICPA convention every year wowing them with your boffo routines on Investment Tax Credits and Schedule F deductions

Sean...sign em up for a future Jets Talk Radio show....Who needs Sid Rosenberg when you can get Henny the SOJF CPA instead

Last edited by sg3; 11-24-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    On a positive note...I highly doubt the NFL gives Woody a Thanksgiving Night home game for several years.
    Excellent point! Although the entertainment value was pretty high.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post

J!
    LOL