Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can You Support Rex?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'd say that the fact that his worst season as HC is 8-8, while producing #1 overall and #3 overall defenses is pretty indicative of his talent.

If Rex got fired tomorrow, he'd have another HC job the following day. You don't let guys like that go over one bad year.

edit: oh yeah, most playoff wins by a HC in NYJ history. Let's add that one on the resume.
    LOL. Rex will never be a HC for another team for the rest of his life. Mark my words.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's difficult to support anyone or anything in this organization right now. From ownership, through management, to the coaching and the players....how many people do you really think are valuable? Maybe 5....and one of them is the punter.

No I think I'm speaking directly within the same context in that we are all Jets fans and we all need to remember how bad this team has been for so long. An incredible and unexpected two years of playoff runs completely inflated our egos to that now at the first hint of struggle, we're all abandoning ship and looking for the next ship to sail on.

We've accepted futility for a lifetime, I'm calling for people to be patient.
    His usefulness is over. The window has closed. The more of his type players he brought in, the worst the team became. Even his vaunted defense has been in steady decline.

His swaggerlicious fingerprints are all over this debacle and every other debacle going back to last year. It's time someone held him accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LOL. Rex will never be a HC for another team for the rest of his life. Mark my words.
    Maybe college.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    he will get another shot...there's enough examples to show why...

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    We've all been patient. These games are very indicative of what is to come. I have no interests in being patient while getting even worse so that two years later the team can finally admit defeat and start rebuilding.

As D Mason said there are cracks in the foundation. You don't build on a faulty foundation and expect a sound product. This team needs to suck it up and start rebuilding now they aren't fooling anyone. No opposing team buys into Rex's bs. Only our players and their inflated ego's buy into rex's bs.

What would you ask us to be patient for? If Mark showed growth that would be one thing but he still consistently makes the same stupid mistakes he did four years ago. Rex has shown no growth either.
    I'm enjoying this back and forth with you, but in my opinion, I just do not think things are bad enough to blow it all up and start over. Yes things are certainly not as good as they were a few years back, and yes there are definitely changes that need to be made, but I think that can be done with a majority of the same coaching and player personnel staying in place.

Say we can Rex and we get rid of Mark, then what's next? Four years from now we'll be complaining about how the next HC has lost the team or is a glorified coordinator, and that the next QB is a bust and needs to be benched. It's an endless cycle in Jets land and the crazy part is wanting to repeat it again and again with the thought that doing so will land us one step closer to a SB appearance, let alone win a SB.

Rex has proven he can win in this league as a HC, I think he at the very least he deserves the opportunity to prove that he can turn it around and win again.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm enjoying this back and forth with you, but in my opinion, I just do not think things are bad enough to blow it all up and start over. Yes things are certainly not as good as they were a few years back, and yes there are definitely changes that need to be made, but I think that can be done with a majority of the same coaching and player personnel staying in place.

Say we can Rex and we get rid of Mark, then what's next? Four years from now we'll be complaining about how the next HC has lost the team or is a glorified coordinator, and that the next QB is a bust and needs to be benched. It's an endless cycle in Jets land and the crazy part is wanting to repeat it again and again with the thought that doing so will land us one step closer to a SB appearance, let alone win a SB.

Rex has proven he can win in this league as a HC, I think he at the very least he deserves the opportunity to prove that he can turn it around and win again.
    Maybe if this was St. Louis or Miami...but not NYC....he's toast...

I understand your point. You are correct in theory. However, given the choice of more of the same or a shot in the dark. I choose the shot in the dark. I just do not see this administration or Qb getting better. If the administration and qb are poor it doesn't matter what we do to the roster. If I saw growth I'd show patience.

CONSISTENCY is very important but the team has to show growth from year to year as does the coaching. Both Mark and Rex are still making rookie mistakes 4 years in. 4 years is not peanuts time wise in the sports world.

As others have pointed out the nfl has passed rex by. Ground and pound and stingy D will only take you so far and they have to be top 5 to go somewhere. You have to have an explosive offense and rex has shown no interest in developing one. Anyone can see the NFL is trending towards high scoring and an a passing attack since that draws viewers look at the rules and how they have changed. Rex is not interested in adapting look at his choice for OC.

Also he seems loyal to a fault which is kind of admirable until you realize the team is not responding positively to it. His team is routinely unprepared and outmatched. Beating the Rams is nothing to be excited about.

I don't want to rebuild another rookie QB is scary in terms of lifespan invested waiting for the team to get it together. However, better now then latter.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    he will get another shot...there's enough examples to show why...
    A well-run organization would not hire this clown to run their team. Maybe jax, car, cle would give him a shot to make a splash.