Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Can You Support Rex?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

How Can You Support Rex?

I feel like a broken record going on about Rex, but I can't take it. How do you support this guy? "OMG HE WENT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TWICE!" Yeah he did, with ERIC MANGINI'S TEAM. When he let the Fanecas & Jones go for less talent you saw the result. No discipline, no talent, no leadership. Every time we need to get a up for a big game (Patriots last year for first place, Giants, and tonight) we **** the bed. He is supposed to be a great defensive coach, yet you can't stop a nose bleed. How about instead of talking to the defense when your offense is on the field you watch the ****ing offense?! The fact we have lost 5 games by 17 or more points this year is mind boggling. This is very poorly put together on my part, but the alcohol is still rolling lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say that the fact that his worst season as HC is 8-8, while producing #1 overall and #3 overall defenses is pretty indicative of his talent.

If Rex got fired tomorrow, he'd have another HC job the following day. You don't let guys like that go over one bad year.

edit: oh yeah, most playoff wins by a HC in NYJ history. Let's add that one on the resume.
    Last edited by Sanchez 3:16; 11-23-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'd say that the fact that his worst season as HC is 8-8, while producing #1 overall and #3 overall defenses is pretty indicative of his talent.

If Rex got fired tomorrow, he'd have another HC job the following day. You don't let guys like that go over one bad year.

edit: oh yeah, most playoff wins by a HC in NYJ history. Let's add that one on the resume.
    With another mans roster, thus making him a fraud.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I feel like a broken record going on about Rex, but I can't take it. How do you support this guy? "OMG HE WENT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TWICE!" Yeah he did, with ERIC MANGINI'S TEAM. When he let the Fanecas & Jones go for less talent you saw the result. No discipline, no talent, no leadership. Every time we need to get a up for a big game (Patriots last year for first place, Giants, and tonight) we **** the bed. He is supposed to be a great defensive coach, yet you can't stop a nose bleed. How about instead of talking to the defense when your offense is on the field you watch the ****ing offense?! The fact we have lost 5 games by 17 or more points this year is mind boggling. This is very poorly put together on my part, but the alcohol is still rolling lol.
    No no you're doing just fine.

Carry on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a large difference between being a good DC and being a good HC. Wow, most playoff wins by a Jets coach.... Must have a lot of playoff wins... Oh wait we're Jets fans and the bar is set low with a total of 4... Being better than other guys that sucked does not make one good at what they do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    With another mans roster, thus making him a fraud.
    If Mangini's roster was so glorious how come Eric couldn't do anything with it himself?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

KC traded the Jets draft picks for Herm Edwards.

Let me repeat that KC traded the Jets draft picks for Herm Edwards.

So the fact that Rex could potentially get hired as a hc again does not say much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mangini's roster was so glorious how come Eric couldn't do anything with it himself?
    08 ring a bell? If Favre tells the front office that he is hurt, that team goes far. The potential was shown in Tennessee. 06 ring a bell? Mangini had **** for a roster (sounds like 2012 no?) and made it into a 10-6 team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    There is a large difference between being a good DC and being a good HC. Wow, most playoff wins by a Jets coach.... Must have a lot of playoff wins... Oh wait we're Jets fans and the bar is set low with a total of 4... Being better than other guys that sucked does not make one good at what they do.
    so if your bar is set so low, by those standards Rex should be doing an excellent job no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Rex's agent by chance?

I'd love to find out if he's fired tomorrow he'd have another HC job the following day

Please make my day!

He's a good DC. He's not a HC. Two total different skill sets and responsibilities.

His teams have continued to get worse, be unprepared, are making the same mistakes and are undisciplined.
    Last edited by C Mart; 11-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so if your bar is set so low, by those standards Rex should be doing an excellent job no?
    Not when he declares a Superbowl win every year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the same reason Dungy couldn't get it done in Tampa but Gruden could. Sometimes the stars line up. Lets not forget Rex conceding defeat his first year before getting into the playoffs. Or the Colts sitting manning.

Oh and don't forget Mangini had to rebuild the mess Herm left.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was speaking of the collective group. Me personally I'm pissed otherwise I'd be blowing smoke and praising Rex. Except rather then accepting futility I'm calling for people to be fired. Obviously the context of the statement you are speaking about went over your head.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    08 ring a bell? If Favre tells the front office that he is hurt, that team goes far. The potential was shown in Tennessee. 06 ring a bell? Mangini had **** for a roster (sounds like 2012 no?) and made it into a 10-6 team.
    who says that team goes far? Favre was hurt regardless, perhaps you could make the arguement that if Favre didn't get hurt we would have went far, sure.

But that collapse down the stretch and the refusal to bench your HOF QB because of some individual accomplishment of a streak is a direct result of poor coaching.

Stop the woulda, shoulda, couldas. Mangini was not good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    who says that team goes far? Favre was hurt regardless, perhaps you could make the arguement that if Favre didn't get hurt we would have went far, sure.

But that collapse down the stretch and the refusal to bench your HOF QB because of some individual accomplishment of a streak is a direct result of poor coaching.

Stop the woulda, shoulda, couldas. Mangini was not good.
    Lmao. Mangini didn't refuse to bench him. Woody did.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not everyone does support Rex. Some have suggested he should had been let go for the two fire-able offenses of: Losing the team in 2011 and/or Losing 3 straight to miss the playoffs in 2011.

But when that idea was suggested in rational terms, this board went ballistic. "But Rex led the team to 2 AFC Championships", "it's Schotty fault" and "GFY" were popular rebuttals at the time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I was speaking of the collective group. Me personally I'm pissed otherwise I'd be blowing smoke and praising Rex. Except rather then accepting futility I'm calling for people to be fired. Obviously the context of the statement you are speaking about went over your head.
    No I think I'm speaking directly within the same context in that we are all Jets fans and we all need to remember how bad this team has been for so long. An incredible and unexpected two years of playoff runs completely inflated our egos to that now at the first hint of struggle, we're all abandoning ship and looking for the next ship to sail on.

We've accepted futility for a lifetime, I'm calling for people to be patient.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to be a huge Rex fan. Wow was I wrong about him.

Rex is not a head coach. He is too stubborn. As coach you need to be open minded on strategy, game plans, personnel. A real coach holds their players accountable. Instead he is buddy-buddy with them. What does Sanchez need to do to lose his job? apparently running to your Lineman's ass isn't enough.

Today was the icing on the cake...How can you have a backup QB with broken ribs be active and not start activate McElroy? What about if Sanchez got hurt? It's just mind-boggling. Does this guy even have a clue. And then he sounds like a broken record... "we need to get better, I promise you this, We will fight...blah blah blah" I am sick of it. Make huge changes or he needs to get canned ASAP.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I think I'm speaking directly within the same context in that we are all Jets fans and we all need to remember how bad this team has been for so long. An incredible and unexpected two years of playoff runs completely inflated our egos to that now at the first hint of struggle, we're all abandoning ship and looking for the next ship to sail on.

Patient for what, exactly?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We've all been patient. These games are very indicative of what is to come. I have no interests in being patient while getting even worse so that two years later the team can finally admit defeat and start rebuilding.

As D Mason said there are cracks in the foundation. You don't build on a faulty foundation and expect a sound product. This team needs to suck it up and start rebuilding now they aren't fooling anyone. No opposing team buys into Rex's bs. Only our players and their inflated ego's buy into rex's bs.

What would you ask us to be patient for? If Mark showed growth that would be one thing but he still consistently makes the same stupid mistakes he did four years ago. Rex has shown no growth either.