It's preseason now, Get McElroy out there, make Powell the starter to see if he replace greene next year, keep throwing to hill to see if can learn to catch, Demario Davis should start, etc.
I can say this...
If Sanchez starts next week, I am going to use the 4 hours a week I get to myself (kids and wife let me watch the game) to go see Lincoln instead.
I just can't take watching him anymore.
In his post game presser last night, Rex already announced the Sanchez was starting. He also said the Sanchez had a 94 QB rating in yesterday's game, as if anything that happened after 35-0 mattered. He must think we are idiots reciting that stat.
No reason NOT to give him a shot!!!!!!
How does Rex know that Sanchez gives them the best chance at winning when McElroy hasn't even gotten a chance to play? Sanchez may be the superior QB in the practices but that doesn't mean he is a better QB considering the experience he has over GM.
Peter King @SI_PeterKing
No team has less respect for a player than Jets coaches have for McElroy. Inactive when you know your backup QB's not playing...Smart plan.
Sad times for staunch Sanchez supporters. They can't even use "look at Alex Smith in San Fransisco" excuse anymore.
That's the Alex Smith who, coincidentally, may be replaced by a more versatile backup QB.
1) HE WON A NATIONAL TITLE
2) HE'S THE ONLY ROOKIE THAT I KNOW OF WHO STEPPED UP AND TOLD EVERYONE THAT THIS 'TEAM' THAT DRAFTED HIM ONLY CARED ABOUT INDIVIDUAL STATS
3) HE'S WICKED SMATTTT
4) HE LED US TO OUR ONLY TD IN PRES-SEASON
5) AT THIS POINT.. I HONESTLY THINK IF YOU GAVE ME THE BALL NEXT SUNDAY-- I'D DO BETTER THAN SANCHEZ.
You can't play him now. God FORBID we win a couple games. Have we already forgotten how we ended up with Vernon Gholston?
It doesn't even matter that he hasn't played and he may be horrible. I'm telling you it doesn't matter.
We'll find that out on the football field. The point is, and here are the reasons why he should be given a look see:
1) He's NOT Sanchez. DO NOT underestimate the power of that statement. The players are not blind. They can see the problems with this team just the same as we can. They're not idiots and they don't believe half of the crap that they say to the media. There's a code in the NFL where you NEVER call out your fellow teammates. THAT's why the players always speak well of Sanchez.
It could be ANY QB at this jucture and it would EXCITE the players. They would start to work much harder. They know that Sanchez sucks and they cannot work their a$$es off knowing that they'll never be rewarded for their work with a win.
But by putting another guy in there, they suddenly have an "X factor". They have a guy that they DO NOT know what he can bring. That is miles better than watching the same old sick play that ends in the same old sick way over and over and over again.
2) He's played well in the preseason. OK, so I get it, it's only the preseason. But that is all that we have to rely on. And lets not think for a second that he couldn't possibly be a good QB. No one knows what he can bring. That's why we must find out. And hell, the guy did win two national championships in college. That's MUCH more than Sanchez ever did in college.
3) Our season is over. There's NO way we will ever get into the playoffs this season. No way. So why not find out what talent exists on this team. Is that such a bad thing?
No because he is horrid. Who did we bring in to challenge him? The worst QB of his draft class Simms. I still have no clue why McElroy is on the team. Just sign anther QB. We missed out on Hoyer IMO. But I think Josh Johnson, McNabb, or Feeley would be happy to play here. Where is LeFevour, Case Keenum, or Aaron Corp? There are a ton of better options out there this team just seems too damn lay to find one.
Rex is a dismal talent evaluator.
McElroy is probably Brady part 2.
I firmly believe that the Jets are afraid to give McElroy a try in case he looks better or does better than Sanchez. One more loss and they should for sure give him some starts to find out if he can play at all or not. If not he gets punted next year. If he plays well at least you know you have a back up possibility if not more.
But in this case, and because everyone knows that our starting QB simply isn't working out, we should give McElroy a shot.
What's the worst that can happen?
We find out he isn't a good talent? Well, we were already expecting that. We lose a bunch of games? Well, we're already having a horrendous season.
So honestly what would be the harm? I cannot see any.