View Poll Results: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 91.01%
  • No

8 8.99%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's preseason now, Get McElroy out there, make Powell the starter to see if he replace greene next year, keep throwing to hill to see if can learn to catch, Demario Davis should start, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    It's preseason now, Get McElroy out there, make Powell the starter to see if he replace greene next year, keep throwing to hill to see if can learn to catch, Demario Davis should start, etc.
    I totally agree! From a standings point of view, the season is over. Why not use the remaining games to begin next seasons evaluations?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can say this...

If Sanchez starts next week, I am going to use the 4 hours a week I get to myself (kids and wife let me watch the game) to go see Lincoln instead.

I just can't take watching him anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I agree with this- at this point we have nothing to play for- it doesn't matter who's in there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I can say this...

If Sanchez starts next week, I am going to use the 4 hours a week I get to myself (kids and wife let me watch the game) to go see Lincoln instead.

I just can't take watching him anymore.
    Enjoy the movie, I guarantee you he is starting next week.

In his post game presser last night, Rex already announced the Sanchez was starting. He also said the Sanchez had a 94 QB rating in yesterday's game, as if anything that happened after 35-0 mattered. He must think we are idiots reciting that stat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Haven't you heard???

Sanchez is our best chance to win.

FUKK you REX!
    Sanchez has made a case for Richard Todd to get in the Hall of Fame

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No reason NOT to give him a shot!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does Rex know that Sanchez gives them the best chance at winning when McElroy hasn't even gotten a chance to play? Sanchez may be the superior QB in the practices but that doesn't mean he is a better QB considering the experience he has over GM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

No team has less respect for a player than Jets coaches have for McElroy. Inactive when you know your backup QB's not playing...Smart plan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad times for staunch Sanchez supporters. They can't even use "look at Alex Smith in San Fransisco" excuse anymore.

That's the Alex Smith who, coincidentally, may be replaced by a more versatile backup QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) HE WON A NATIONAL TITLE

2) HE'S THE ONLY ROOKIE THAT I KNOW OF WHO STEPPED UP AND TOLD EVERYONE THAT THIS 'TEAM' THAT DRAFTED HIM ONLY CARED ABOUT INDIVIDUAL STATS

3) HE'S WICKED SMATTTT

4) HE LED US TO OUR ONLY TD IN PRES-SEASON

5) AT THIS POINT.. I HONESTLY THINK IF YOU GAVE ME THE BALL NEXT SUNDAY-- I'D DO BETTER THAN SANCHEZ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't play him now. God FORBID we win a couple games. Have we already forgotten how we ended up with Vernon Gholston?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

No team has less respect for a player than Jets coaches have for McElroy. Inactive when you know your backup QB's not playing...Smart plan.
    Well if he's that bad (which I'm sure he's not), why the hell is he still on the team? People need to be fired already.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    If McElroy won't be given a shot to dress when Tebow has fractured ribs, what makes anyone think he's ever going to be allowed to get in a game?
    That's what puzzled the phuck out my head. Tebow has two fractured/broken ribs why the phuck was he in a uniform, why wasn't McElroy dressed to play? what is it with this phucking coaching staff? are they that stubborn or phucking stupid?

DAMN!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes or No?

And Why?
    Of course YES!!

It doesn't even matter that he hasn't played and he may be horrible. I'm telling you it doesn't matter.

We'll find that out on the football field. The point is, and here are the reasons why he should be given a look see:

1) He's NOT Sanchez. DO NOT underestimate the power of that statement. The players are not blind. They can see the problems with this team just the same as we can. They're not idiots and they don't believe half of the crap that they say to the media. There's a code in the NFL where you NEVER call out your fellow teammates. THAT's why the players always speak well of Sanchez.

It could be ANY QB at this jucture and it would EXCITE the players. They would start to work much harder. They know that Sanchez sucks and they cannot work their a$$es off knowing that they'll never be rewarded for their work with a win.

But by putting another guy in there, they suddenly have an "X factor". They have a guy that they DO NOT know what he can bring. That is miles better than watching the same old sick play that ends in the same old sick way over and over and over again.

2) He's played well in the preseason. OK, so I get it, it's only the preseason. But that is all that we have to rely on. And lets not think for a second that he couldn't possibly be a good QB. No one knows what he can bring. That's why we must find out. And hell, the guy did win two national championships in college. That's MUCH more than Sanchez ever did in college.

3) Our season is over. There's NO way we will ever get into the playoffs this season. No way. So why not find out what talent exists on this team. Is that such a bad thing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No because he is horrid. Who did we bring in to challenge him? The worst QB of his draft class Simms. I still have no clue why McElroy is on the team. Just sign anther QB. We missed out on Hoyer IMO. But I think Josh Johnson, McNabb, or Feeley would be happy to play here. Where is LeFevour, Case Keenum, or Aaron Corp? There are a ton of better options out there this team just seems too damn lay to find one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is a dismal talent evaluator.

McElroy is probably Brady part 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I firmly believe that the Jets are afraid to give McElroy a try in case he looks better or does better than Sanchez. One more loss and they should for sure give him some starts to find out if he can play at all or not. If not he gets punted next year. If he plays well at least you know you have a back up possibility if not more.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    No because he is horrid. Who did we bring in to challenge him? The worst QB of his draft class Simms. I still have no clue why McElroy is on the team. Just sign anther QB. We missed out on Hoyer IMO. But I think Josh Johnson, McNabb, or Feeley would be happy to play here. Where is LeFevour, Case Keenum, or Aaron Corp? There are a ton of better options out there this team just seems too damn lay to find one.
    LMFAO!!!

And you know this because of your fuggin crystal ball? NOBODY HAS EVER SEEN THIS KID PLAY IN A REAL NFL GAME!!! What an asinine post!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say Yes.

I think we need to check out every single QB on this roster, especially McElroy, before we are ready to move in another direction. I say start getting the kid some snaps and get him ready to go in here toward the end of the season, see if we have ANYTHING with this kid...if not, start preparing for a new starting QB in green next year.
    I'd imagine that will likely be the way the team has to go. All QB's are crap shoots, you never know where you are going to get a QB that can truly play. But I do think scouting departments do a good enough job to know who would never be a decent talent. Even that goes with exceptions, but for the most part I'd say they are correct. Most of the time when you draft a QB in the 7th round, you are looking at depth at the very most.

But in this case, and because everyone knows that our starting QB simply isn't working out, we should give McElroy a shot.

What's the worst that can happen?

We find out he isn't a good talent? Well, we were already expecting that. We lose a bunch of games? Well, we're already having a horrendous season.

So honestly what would be the harm? I cannot see any.