View Poll Results: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 91.01%
  • No

8 8.99%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is still on this team for one reason. He is the only QB in the league that can make Mark look good.
    Normally, I'd agree with you....

....but THIS IS REX RYAN and this CLOWN-of-a-Coaching-Staff is so damn inept, I'm not convinced that your reason is sound.

Remember.....this is the same Coaching-Staff that had Teblow(Fractured-Ribs and all) ACTIVE. Yeah....exactly.

All League
    Why is it that every other player is subject to being replaced at their position but Sanchez? Has he ever had any real competion for his job? What are they so afraid of?
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Why is it that every other player is subject to being replaced at their position but Sanchez? Has he ever had any real comepetion for his job? What are they so afraid of?
    Alienating the Latino PSL owners union?????

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Alienating the Latino PSL owners union?????
    They have a union?

He is still on this team for one reason. He is the only QB in the league that can make Mark look good.
    I'm guessing here but I believe the prevailing thought is why not give him a chance since you know that with Sanchez you have the worst QB in the league. It's not like you can do worse than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Haven't you heard???

Sanchez is our best chance to win.

FUKK you REX!
    well said and I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'm guessing here but I believe the prevailing thought is why not give him a chance since you know that with Sanchez you have the worst QB in the league. It's not like you can do worse than that.
    I am willing to give just about any other QB that shot. McElroy just doesn't deserve a roster spot much less a start. I'd rather sign someone sitting at home right now to start. The kid rubs me the wrong way I can't root for him. Next to Vick and Henne those are the 3 players I hate the most. Sadly next year we could see 2 of them on this team. The thought of it make me sick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He was never all that good in COLLEGE! You think all of the sudden that changed? He is a slower, weaker, crappier version of Mark yeah exactly what we need. FRIGGEN BRILLIANT PEOPLE Even if you over look that I still can't stand his attitude. 3rd string QBs don't have the right to start talking trash about his team. F HIM Rex needs his head examined keeping guys like Connor, Hunter, and McNutts on this team as long as he does.
    This is the real reason you feel the way you do about GM.

He had a 70% completion percentage in College and I believe he can read a defense better than Mark. GMac is a very smart QB. I don't think he's a crappier version of Mark, I think he might be a Pennington type of QB.

He might suck, but not giving him a shot is stupid.

PS: The last QB we had from Alabama turned out OK.

Greg McElroy will probably never start a game for an NFL team.

If a scenario ever arose where the guys on the depth chart ahead of him were all injured and he got into a game, his team would sign someone during the week to start the next game (Unless it was after Week 13 or so, the team was already out of playoff contention, and the coaching staff knew their jobs were secure for the next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I say yes. Both Tebow and McElroy need a look. It is pretty much preseason at this point.
    I agree Dunnie. Jets fans are every bit as stubborn as Rex in their refusal to give Tebow a chance at all.

SOJF = mortgaging your future by trading all your draft picks each year searching for an elusive "franchise" QB.

SOJF = Stubbornly refusing to see what either backup QB has to offer before trading away Revis, Holmes and Cromartie for draft picks for Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel.

SOJF = refusal to try their Heisman Trophy, record setting, NFL playoff backup QB Tim Tebow because you hate his fans.

SOJF = Stubborn old Jets fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I agree Dunnie. Jets fans are every bit as stubborn as Rex in their refusal to give Tebow a chance at all.

SOJF = mortgaging your future by trading all your draft picks each year searching for an elusive "franchise" QB.

SOJF = Stubbornly refusing to see what either backup QB has to offer before trading away Revis, Holmes and Cromartie for draft picks for Geno Smith or Johnny Manziel.

SOJF = refusal to try their Heisman Trophy, record setting, NFL playoff backup QB Tim Tebow because you hate his fans.

SOJF = Stubborn old Jets fans
    The good news Jaxsuzy is that next season you can be a Stupid Old Jaguar Fan and cheer on Teblow, the worst QB in NFL history as he "leads" your Jags to an 0-16 record and the first pick in the 2014 draft

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The good news Jaxsuzy is that next season you can be a Stupid Old Jaguar Fan and cheer on Teblow, the worst QB in NFL history as he "leads" your Jags to an 0-16 record and the first pick in the 2014 draft

You like it "blunt, brutal and basic" - everywhere but the QB position, evidently.

The Jets should have a look at Mcelroy but they should start Tebow, because we need to see how the team responds to Tebow. If Tebow does well then the Jets have two options, they can keep him or they can trade him. They need to improve Tebows value so they can get something for him in the offseason if they need to.

I would say start Tebow after the Jets next loss (which would pretty much eliminate the Jets from playoff contention). Once the Jets lose one more game they have nothing to lose by benching Sanchez and giving Tebow and McElroy more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

If Tebow goes to the Jags, doesn't that leave the worst QB in history starting for the Jets?