View Poll Results: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 91.01%
  • No

8 8.99%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is McElroy Worth a Look?

All League

Is McElroy Worth a Look?

Yes or No?

And Why?

All League
    I say Yes.

I think we need to check out every single QB on this roster, especially McElroy, before we are ready to move in another direction. I say start getting the kid some snaps and get him ready to go in here toward the end of the season, see if we have ANYTHING with this kid...if not, start preparing for a new starting QB in green next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I say Yes.

I think we need to check out every single QB on this roster, especially McElroy, before we are ready to move in another direction. I say start getting the kid some snaps and get him ready to go in here toward the end of the season, see if we have ANYTHING with this kid...if not, start preparing for a new starting QB in green next year.
    I agree but Rex won't do it. He hand picked Sanchez and he is as stubborn as a mule. This is one of the traits that will get him fired in the end.

Hall Of Fame
    After the season I would cut/trade Sanchez (trade him foe a jockstrap maybe). Cut/Trade Tebow. Sign a QB to compete with McElroy in camp for 2013.

As for this season, at this point, I think it is worth it to take a look at McElroy and to evaluate guys like Coples, Hill, Davis, Powell, etc.

Worst case scenario we improve our draft position. But this is the SOJ we are talking about. They will go 4-1 against terrible teams and cost themselves a good draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yes, it's preseason again for the entire roster check em out here and there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yes, it's preseason again for the entire roster check em out here and there.
    Agreed.

Toss the kid out there man, what do we have to lose?

We are playing for a draft position now anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Haven't you heard???

Sanchez is our best chance to win.

FUKK you REX!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    After the season I would cut/trade Sanchez (trade him foe a jockstrap maybe). Cut/Trade Tebow. Sign a QB to compete with McElroy in camp for 2013.

As for this season, at this point, I think it is worth it to take a look at McElroy and to evaluate guys like Coples, Hill, Davis, Powell, etc.

Worst case scenario we improve our draft position. But this is the SOJ we are talking about. They will go 4-1 against terrible teams and cost themselves a good draft pick.
    Here's the problem, Sanchez is untradable and he's too expensive to cut. he is shot and done, it's unfortunate but right now he is honestly the worst starting QB in the NFL (and that's not exagerating). He's has regressed to a point that is unfixable.

The jets need to find a starting QB for next season but should keep Sancez as the back-up for the year. Might as well keep him on the team if you're going to pay him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Yes or No?

And Why?
    I have been saying it for some time now. First, let's forget Tebow. He is not a QB. Second, this is Mark Sanchez. It isn't going to get any better. He can'y handle the pressure and the most glaring thing to me is he doesn't see the field - at all! How many wide open receivers need to get open while he forces an interception into a guarded receiver? How many times can he not see a defensive player in the line where he is throwing. How many times can he throw late to an open receiver, giving the defender ample time to recover?

That being said, if this is the best chance for the Jets to succeed, as Rex says, the Jets are shot. They are done. So why not see what you have in McElroy?

First, he has been a winner everywhere he played. Football is in his blood as hi father was a coach. He won a national championship in college. I know the level of competition in pre season, but he was great. The other thing is he looked like he knew what he was doing, something Sanchez still doesn't seem to know. He looks confident in his limited playing time and I see him as a Pennington type player. If we had a vintage Pennington right now, what do you think our record would be? Definitely not embarassing like it is now. Also, the guy is not afraid to say his oiece as we saw in the off season. I doubt he would be intimidated by anyone on this team and I am so tired of worrying about Sanchez's frail psyche.

As for everyone that will say that Sanchez is not going anywhere due to his salary, I would say, that is fine. Keep him as the backup if McElroy shows us something. Instead of looking at the ivestment in the player, look at the totality of the investment in the position. If you are ok with that investment who gives a rat's a$$ who starts related to pay?

At the very least, put McElroy in and see what you have.

At this point it would show complete and utter incompettance if they don't see what he has.

The thing is Why Not?

Owner, Coach, OC must know that Sanchez isn't the guy. (even for the few of you left that still like him, must know by now that he's not the future of this franchise)

Why not give this kid a shot? What do you have to lose? Where's the downside? Can he be worse than Sanchez (I'm not sure that's possible)

I say yes. Both Tebow and McElroy need a look. It is pretty much preseason at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Haven't you heard???

Sanchez is our best chance to win.

FUKK you REX!
    BTW. If Rex says that even once this week he should be fired on the spot.

Don't wait for him to finish his press conference, woody should call his mobile phone and say Rex, you're fired!

Let Westoff finish the season as HC - let him be a HC for a few weeks to finish off his career.

This season is over. Can we at least see what we have in Mc Elroy? If he does nothing else but not turn the ball over, we are ahead of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    If McElroy won't be given a shot to dress when Tebow has fractured ribs, what makes anyone think he's ever going to be allowed to get in a game?

What is totally incomprehensible is that Tebow couldn't play last night with broken ribs and they still didn't activate McElroy. I am CONVINCED that they will not let him play because they are afraid he may succeed, and that would be the final nail in Tannenbaum's coffin. How else can you explain it?

Veteran
    Seasons over, Sanchez is a liability, I can't see what we've got to lose, start McElroy if only so we get some relief from watching Sanchez implode every week.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This season is over. Can we at least see what we have in Mc Elroy? If he does nothing else but not turn the ball over, we are ahead of the game.
    I know this is a McElroy thread but Tebow really doesn't turn the ball over. For that reason alone he gives the Jets a better chance to win.

I would rather see McElroy than Tebow too but there just may be too much pressure to play Tebow over McElroy.

imagine how PO'ed ESPN would be!!!!

All League
    Looks unanimous.

0 No responses- I love it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    If McElroy won't be given a shot to dress when Tebow has fractured ribs, what makes anyone think he's ever going to be allowed to get in a game?
    I agree. However, how Rex addresses the QB situation and what is the right way to address the QB situation are two different things.

Last night, to activate Tebow with two fractured ribs and not activating a healthy Mc Elroy is beyond ridiculous.

I am a little surprised Rex even admitted it, but I guess he had to explain why Tebow never got into the game, especially considering the poor performance by Sanchez.