Thread: Seriously considering...

Seriously considering...

making my son a Giants fan. I know its too late for me and I will never switch but, he is only 7. There is still some hope. I only get let down by this team.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
    making my son a Giants fan. I know its too late for me and I will never switch but, he is only 7. There is still some hope. I only get let down by this team.
    From a 44 year Jet fan that turned his daughter into now a 14 year Jet fan,
    DO IT, and don't ever regret it.

All Pro
    I've seen some diehard Jets fans but never any dieeasy ones until now-theres always a first time for everything

Mods please merge with all the other self-loathing SOJF threads, thanks

I'm ashamed- the last thing we need is more bandwagon Giants fans. If you are a Mets fan, that is even more shameful- Yankees and Giants are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Disgraceful. I get not wanting to torture your kid, but no real Jet fan would send his son to the giants. Steelers, Packers, someone like that, fine. In fact, buy him an RGIII jersey so he can hop on the bandwagon of the next superstar.

You can't "make" anyone a fan of a team. That said, son's do normally root for the teams of their dad. It's a connection thing. I told my son (11 now) a couple of years ago that the Jets were my team because I grew up in Queens, but they didn't have to be his team because he was born and raised in Williamsport PA, and he could pick any team as his favorite (the Steelers being a fine option). After all, that's what being a fan is all about. I'm proud to say that he "chose" to be a Jet fan because as he said "That's who we are" (as sad a statement as any 9 year old has ever made). He did hedge his bet, however, adding that we should both make the Steelers our second favorite team just in case.... smart kid.

My oldest boy is 27 and a jets' fan, my youngest is 18 and a Seahawks' fan. I never encouraged either to be Patriot fans. My poor wife is always consoling one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    From a 44 year Jet fan that turned his daughter into now a 14 year Jet fan,
    DO IT, and don't ever regret it.
    I hear ya bro, I did the same thing with my daughter!! It's too late for us, but if can save even one person it's worth it!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Absolute disgrace to even consider it.

I hope my kid grows up to be an even bigger die hard Jets fan than me. Valuable lessons to be learned from the heartbreak that comes with the territory. And I hope they finally win it all in his lifetime so he can feel the joy that offsets his and his father's lifetime of pain

I have two Nephews (out of 9) that I have turned into Jets fans. The rest of the family are Patriot fans. You can imagine how difficult that is.

I say there is a tremendous lesson to be learned sticking with a team while they are playing horrible. It makes the golden years that much more golden. Brady will be 40 in 5 years.

All League
    I dressed my (now 8 y.o.) daughter in jets gear until she went to kindergarten, at which point I let her choose, and she smartly picked the patriots.

My poor 18 mos. old boy is in the same predicament now. Maybe the jets can do something before he's five, or I'll be rooting by myself all over again.