Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Woody!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Woody!

Just wanted to thank Woody Johnson for lobbying for a Thanksgiving home game for us fans. He did it for us!!! Hopefully this will become a tradition. I hope he was pleased with the Jets performance. Was not happy when ths schedule came out I certainly not happy today. But at least his team got the exposrure he wanted.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WesWalker85 View Post
    Just wanted to thank Woody Johnson for lobbying for a Thanksgiving home game for us fans. He did it for us!!! Hopefully this will become a tradition. I hope he was pleased with the Jets performance. Was not happy when ths schedule came out I certainly not happy today. But at least his team got the exposrure he wanted.
    They not only got exposure, they got "exposed"!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guarantee, if you wanted to send a message to Woody, last night accomplished that.

He lobbied for a home game on national TV on Thanksgiving night. I'm sure he is beyond pissed and embarrassed this morning.

As one of the tweets from last night pointed out, he left the stadium refusing comment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    As one of the tweets from last night pointed out, he left the stadium refusing comment.
    He needs to come clean soon to save his reputation and maybe his job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is an a-hole. He thinks we want these holiday games and WE DO NOT!!! They suck for the fans and for families and all Woody can think about is TV exposure for the terrible team he has delivered to loyal fans.

Woody: GET A FREAKING CLUE and stop asking for Jets home games on the worst possible days of the season (Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving, etc.)

Woody: Did you see how many empty seats there were? Did you see how many opposing fans were occupying seats of Jets fans who couldn't attend due to family Thanksgiving obligations?

Woody: Judging from your own dysfunctional family, I understand that you have no concept of what "family-time" and holidays means but trust me when I say that giving families a conflict between their tradition and seeing your pathetic and embarrassing little football team on Thanksgiving is NOT what the people who forked over many thousands of dollars to your wallet want! Eat Sh*t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    He needs to come clean soon to save his reputation and maybe his job.
    Fo' shizzle, Woody has to save his reputation and his job?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stadium actually seemed pretty packed to me. And what, the patriots fans have no thanksgiving obligations? It's a 8:20 pm game, your thanksgiving dinners are over well before that. I enjoy going to jets games and it doesn't bother me if its on a holiday, thanksgiving or Christmas Eve for example. Blame the NFL for starting this thursday night football craze. I just want the team to start looking competitive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guarantee, if you wanted to send a message to Woody, last night accomplished that.

He lobbied for a home game on national TV on Thanksgiving night. I'm sure he is beyond pissed and embarrassed this morning.

Totally agree. It's your move, Woody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    The stadium actually seemed pretty packed to me. And what, the patriots fans have no thanksgiving obligations? It's a 8:20 pm game, your thanksgiving dinners are over well before that. I enjoy going to jets games and it doesn't bother me if its on a holiday, thanksgiving or Christmas Eve for example. Blame the NFL for starting this thursday night football craze. I just want the team to start looking competitive.
    There were empty seats everywhere. Stadium was not even 75% full. F- these holiday games. They suck for families.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well after last night, I am pretty sure Jet fans will not have to worry about any prime time games next year. They will get their one mandatory national game and that is it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well after last night, I am pretty sure Jet fans will not have to worry about any prime time games next year. They will get their one mandatory national game and that is it.
    As a 32 year season ticket holder, that's fine with me. Give me all 1:00 games, and make the mandatory national game an away game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    There were empty seats everywhere. Stadium was not even 75% full. F- these holiday games. They suck for families.
    you enjoy the holiday with your family and friends being thankful for everything and then you go to the stadium for that? no way i dont miss it at all. anyone who disagrees its reality check time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing Woody learned is to request the next Thanksgiving game be played against Jacksonville...he doesn't seem very bright.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all know Woody isn't wrapped to tight, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

He's like a bad parent with a kid having serious issues. He is not man enough , strong enough or convicted enough to do the right thing.

He is hopeless here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets F'ed up Christmas and Thanksgiving in consective years... Woody you are a jack a$$ I hope you got what you wanted...

Also, Woody related, why was a injured Tebow dressed last night... As a paying fan I would like to know the answer... Sure hope they send out one of those fan surveys next week....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Embarrassing cluster f**k of ineptitude and disgrace for all to see on Thanksgiving night. At least Woody could go home and resume counting his money. For that, I am thankful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Jets F'ed up Christmas and Thanksgiving in consective years... Woody you are a jack a$$ I hope you got what you wanted...

Also, Woody related, why was a injured Tebow dressed last night... As a paying fan I would like to know the answer... Sure hope they send out one of those fan surveys next week....
    dont wait for them to send anything.

we need to start a petition on-line and send it to them.

mass numbers of disgruntled disgusted fans who arent gonna take it anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    dont wait for them to send anything.

we need to start a petition on-line and send it to them.

mass numbers of disgruntled disgusted fans who arent gonna take it anymore.
    Flag burning at the next tailgate sounds good to me... NFL films stops by a lot to film the flags, perhaps I can give them something different to film.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post

There has to be more to this story, it doesnt make sense on so many levels. How can you go into a game where your back up QB can not play, but he dresses and the third string guy is in street clothes.