Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do Jet fans have to endure ?

How much do Jet fans have to endure ?

I have been a Jet fan since the days at Shea and am, along with 4 others, a season ticket holder. I can accept the fact that you can't win every game but I cannot accept a team that has given up and is not mentally prepared and make fools of themselves in front of a national audience. It's time to clean house;

Rex Ryan (gone) - I like Rex, I really do, but as a head coach it's not the most popular person who gets the job done. Rex is supposed to be a defensive coach yet our defense has taken steps back year after year. He also doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team and I believe has lost the heart of players.

Tanny (gone) - A numbers man who doesn't know how to evaluate talent. He should be shown the door for putting this team on the field as pretenders.

Sanchez (gone) - You can't lead without taking responsibility and Sanchez needs to realize that you make your own luck in the NFL. The coaches coddled him too much and he just has not stepped up his game at a time when they need someone to step up their game.

I could see where 60% of the current starters would not be back and good ridence. The problem of course is that this means more years of rebuilding while I continue to max out my Visa for tickets. Jet fans deserve better, the city of New York deserves better and the people who sit in the cold to see a Jet team produce deserve a hell of a lot better.

this organazation has been ruining holidays and peoples lives for 43 years and counting.

they just dont get it and understand what it takes to win in this league.

Rex's defensive prowess is till there, The mind/coach is willing the body/team is weak. If his LBs could still run 4.6-4.7 the D would look a lot better. He is just not a Head Coach.

The team needs a new direction. Kraft understood it after 3 years of Carrol and
    Grier, you guys have to hope that Woody sees it now. Woody needs to call Marty Schottenhiemer right now. Let him observe the football structure and get a team of professionals together

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Rex's defensive prowess is till there, The mind/coach is willing the body/team is weak. If his LBs could still run 4.6-4.7 the D would look a lot better. He is just not a Head Coach.

The team needs a new direction. Kraft understood it after 3 years of Carrol and
    Grier, you guys have to hope that Woody sees it now. Woody needs to call Marty Schottenhiemer right now. Let him observe the football structure and get a team of professionals together
    Actually, I was thinking of Marty too. This is Marty's kind of project.

Hall Of Fame
    Screw Marty.

Poach someone from the Giants, Ravens or Steelers to be GM. Overhaul the entire scouting dept.

Hire David Shaw as HC. Young, classy and has a good football mind.

Shoot for the moon and try to hire Garrett or Norv to be the OC. Maybe keep Lal, the rest of the offensive staff needs to go starting with Cavanaugh and Lynn.

Not sure who to get for DC. I would try to keep Dunbar and Thurman, the rest of the defensive staff can EAD.

No matter how bad it gets. It can't be worse than being a Cub fan.

All League
    The D is there...the offensive mindset and drafting is the obvious fatal flaw. That falls on Rex and the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Screw Marty.

Poach someone from the Giants, Ravens or Steelers to be GM. Overhaul the entire scouting dept.

Hire David Shaw as HC. Young, classy and has a good football mind.

Shoot for the moon and try to hire Garrett or Norv to be the OC. Maybe keep Lal, the rest of the offensive staff needs to go starting with Cavanaugh and Lynn.

Not sure who to get for DC. I would try to keep Dunbar and Thurman, the rest of the defensive staff can EAD.
    What makes a good #2 guy does not always make a good #1. A great analogy is Rex, superior DC, underwhelming HC. Dimitroff in Atlanta good, Pioli in KC - no so.

Marty was in charge from top to bottom in Cleveland and KC and built winning teams. Just cause he froze in the playoffs as a coach, does not mean he is not the best guy to front the Jets.

The jets need a proven front man as DFO

IMO, Shaw would not go to this organization during this offseason. There is nothing for him here, no cap space, no qb, no rb, no wr. His best player is coming off a ACL and will be a FA next off season. A first year coach will get murdered in NY with such a team. They guy is from San Diego and at least there is something to work with there, and without the NYC pressure.
    Last edited by patman; 11-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of Marty too. This is Marty's kind of project.
    Marty can run the front office. His teams have always been built well. But I don't want him or his son coaching the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Marty can run the front office. His teams have always been built well. But I don't want him or his son coaching the team.
    No, I agree. I'm just saying Mary builds tough blue collar teams and based on what Rex wants, Marty would be a good fit. I agree, no son. I'm just saying if Rex could lure Marty to consult or I'd even go so far as say assistant head coach, it would be good. Marty has always been able to get his players to play hard. He just lacks imagination to get him through the playoffs. He's a good coach/team builder though.

Exclamation SANCHEZ LACK OF DEVELOPMENT IS SHOWN HERE

= but in the first halves this year, with the Defense performing great time and time again Sanchez fails to take hold of the game. Games are like narratives, something that stats cannot easily capture. There are times when failure to perform really dictates what is possible or probably afterwards.

There are two big things on this play. The first is awareness. Sanchez - perhaps because of Gregory's exaggerated overplay - checks with his receivers and targets the middle of the field. He apparently does not notice that immediately upon this route check Gregory and Arrington check with each other, Arrington knows he has support on the inside from Arrington. The second problem is that Sanchez locks onto Kerley so early it gives Gregory plenty of time to cross the field. This is a significant aspect of Sanchez's play. People complain about his receivers, but his inability to survey the field calmly without looking straight at his primary receiver instead of giving the play away with his eyes, closes a lot of windows. And lastly Sanchez is slow to release the ball. He is unaware that the safety is coming over, which is something he should have his eye on because the safety was the cue in the first place. He does not adjust the throw to catch Kerley coming out of his break. The combination of early lock-on and slow release work to give Gregory enough time to close the distance.

Another hey look at me thread from meyer.

We just trashed Marty's son, you really think he's gonna want to come here? Please.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

IMO, Shaw would not go to this organization during this offseason. There is nothing for him here, no cap space, no qb, no rb, no wr. His best player is coming off a ACL and will be a FA next off season. A first year coach will get murdered in NY with such a team. They guy is from San Diego and at least there is something to work with there, and without the NYC pressure.
    Fair point. And I agree. But we have to try. IMO he is the CEO-type HC that we need. Kind of like Coughlin or Harbaugh or Tomlin. Someone that can oversee everything and pays attention to everything. Smart enough to make good decisions. And then hire a really good OC who can focus on offense. Same for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    We just trashed Marty's son, you really think he's gonna want to come here? Please.
    If anything, the jets did good by his kid. The stood by him publicaly many times. Remember, Marty is a pro, he knows how the nfl works.

Cleatmarks- Marty would have nothing to do with Rex, he is the antithesis of what he was as a coach. To even think that Marty would work under him is way off base. Marty at 69 YO is not suited for day to day, but he is suited to finding the best talent for the FO and Coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a Jet fan since the days at Shea and am, along with 4 others, a season ticket holder. I can accept the fact that you can't win every game but I cannot accept a team that has given up and is not mentally prepared and make fools of themselves in front of a national audience. It's time to clean house;

Rex Ryan (gone) - I like Rex, I really do, but as a head coach it's not the most popular person who gets the job done. Rex is supposed to be a defensive coach yet our defense has taken steps back year after year. He also doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team and I believe has lost the heart of players.

Tanny (gone) - A numbers man who doesn't know how to evaluate talent. He should be shown the door for putting this team on the field as pretenders.

Sanchez (gone) - You can't lead without taking responsibility and Sanchez needs to realize that you make your own luck in the NFL. The coaches coddled him too much and he just has not stepped up his game at a time when they need someone to step up their game.

I could see where 60% of the current starters would not be back and good ridence. The problem of course is that this means more years of rebuilding while I continue to max out my Visa for tickets. Jet fans deserve better, the city of New York deserves better and the people who sit in the cold to see a Jet team produce deserve a hell of a lot better.
    In a nutshell, this is why the Rex Ryan Experiment has failed. Even into his fourth year as HC, we all still see Rex as a defensive coordinator. I believe Rex does, too.

Unlike Bellicheat or Coughlin, Rex does not have the ability or mettle to morph into a HC, capable of mastering, and orchestrating, all three phases of our team. "Not having the pulse" of the team you've been hired to direct is inexcusable and a fireable offense. Woody should have shown him the door last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fair point. And I agree. But we have to try. IMO he is the CEO-type HC that we need. Kind of like Coughlin or Harbaugh or Tomlin. Someone that can oversee everything and pays attention to everything. Smart enough to make good decisions. And then hire a really good OC who can focus on offense. Same for defense.
    I know I am looking at it from the outside, but I really think a Marty-Decosta-Zimmer-Petrino and now that Tedford is out in California, have him come in to coach QBs. These are experienced NFL professionals, with the exception of DeCosta but he has Marty to help guide him as Newsome has in the past.

All Pro
    Hopefully not much longer. Realistically speaking, how much longer can this possibly go on?

The entire organization needs a complete rebuild. We need new management, new personnel, a new philosophy, and a new vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Oh please for 6 years his son had a high profile job based on his last name. He should be grateful. Having said that hopefully the jets wouldn't even consider Nepotism Jr. or his father(at least not as a coach)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Hopefully not much longer. Realistically speaking, how much longer can this possibly go on?

The entire organization needs a complete rebuild. We need new management, new personnel, a new philosophy, and a new vision.
    Sorry...those terms ain't been used by the Jets in years...