Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do Jet fans have to endure ?

Not sure what people expected with Revis and Holmes out for the season.

But as far as what we must endure, I think if we publicly sacrifice sg3 and Ray Ray to the football Gods, it will end our torment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another hey look at me thread from meyer.
    Are you kidding me dude? Cmon, cut the shlt.

Undrafted Free Agent
    As a Patriots fan I worry that Bill Polian could turn your franchise around in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a Jet fan since the days at Shea and am, along with 4 others, a season ticket holder. I can accept the fact that you can't win every game but I cannot accept a team that has given up and is not mentally prepared and make fools of themselves in front of a national audience. It's time to clean house;

Rex Ryan (gone) - I like Rex, I really do, but as a head coach it's not the most popular person who gets the job done. Rex is supposed to be a defensive coach yet our defense has taken steps back year after year. He also doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team and I believe has lost the heart of players.

Tanny (gone) - A numbers man who doesn't know how to evaluate talent. He should be shown the door for putting this team on the field as pretenders.

Sanchez (gone) - You can't lead without taking responsibility and Sanchez needs to realize that you make your own luck in the NFL. The coaches coddled him too much and he just has not stepped up his game at a time when they need someone to step up their game.

I could see where 60% of the current starters would not be back and good ridence. The problem of course is that this means more years of rebuilding while I continue to max out my Visa for tickets. Jet fans deserve better, the city of New York deserves better and the people who sit in the cold to see a Jet team produce deserve a hell of a lot better.
    I agree with a lot of this, but I also see some overreaction. It's understandable considering just got shellacked on national TV. But it still tends to make people react in a knee jerk manner.

For me, and of course this is all a matter of personal opinion, No one's opinion is any more right than someone elses, I would give the Rex/Tanny tandem one more season to get things right.

This is not just based on the fact that I also like Rex Ryan, but based on prior achievements. Mike Tannenbaum built this team into a contender. He did it himself. Rex Ryan coached those players and got the most out of them. They reached some rather lofty heights, especially in 2009 when really nobody thought they had the talent.

So I'd give them one more season with a warning that they must make the playoffs in 2013.

Sanchez needs to be gone. We've him enough now to know he will never be the answer. He doesn't elevate the talent surrounding him and that job 1 for any starting QB with designs on getting to the SB.

Some definite finnagling with the team should happen also. Spend some considerable money in FA to get offensive talent. I would suggest a veteran QB, a lineman or two, a WR, and a RB. Not sure all that can be achieved in one offseason, but the FO should give every effort.

In the draft, we should be after another franchise QB. I know, I know another freakin' crap shoot. But it's a chance we must take if they ever expect to get to the SB.

Some minor tweaks on defense, and with another year of development behind them, I could see them being very good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another hey look at me thread from meyer.
    So says the dunce that will be painting a rosy picture once we beat the next scrub team by 3 points.

Rookie
    Woody would have to tell Rex " It's either Mark goes or you go".

Woody may also have made up his mind to a degree and winning the last 5 games of the season holds alot more than Rex realizes.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    As a Patriots fan I worry that Bill Polian could turn your franchise around in a hurry.
    I don't. I don't like anyone he drafted in the last 5 years. (except Garcon) At one time he was great but he is in his mid 70s now and has past him by.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The team needs a new direction. Kraft understood it after 3 years of Carrol and Grier, you guys have to hope that Woody sees it now. Woody needs to call Marty Schottenhiemer right now. Let him observe the football structure and get a team of professionals together
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The entire organization needs a complete rebuild. We need new management, new personnel, a new philosophy, and a new vision.
    I think a new philosophy and a new vision is needed as well. The Jets have spent I don't know how much time trying to be a "ground and pound" team while looking for an "elite quarterback".

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez needs to be gone. We've seen him enough now to know he will never be the answer. He doesn't elevate the talent surrounding him and that's job 1 for any starting QB with designs on getting to the SB.

In the draft, we should be after another franchise QB. I know, I know another freakin' crap shoot. But it's a chance we must take if they ever expect to get to the SB.
    "Franchise QBs" like Brady, who wasn't a first round draft pick? Or Rogers, who sat as backup behind Favre? How about we just use a QB we already have. One that protects the ball, doesn't throw many interceptions, and gets the job done. I want WINS more than I want a tight pretty spiral (I know, Michael Scott, that's what she said). Both Tebow and McElroy deserve a chance to start some games and show what they've got. I think they'd both protect the ball better than Sanchez. You all know that I love Tebow, but I also saw McElroy in the preseason and was impressed. His accuracy looked good and his play was smooth. It's hard for either Tebow or McElroy to show what they've got when they don't get reps with the 1st team, though.

FWIW, McElroy led Alabama to a win over FL one year when Tebow was QB, and that was the game when Tebow took responsibility as a QB for losing the game. Yeah, that was when he cried, and some of you as probably jeering at that, but he definitely didn't sound like Sanchez "We've got to get better" and "some mistakes were made". Tebow took effing responsibility, worked harder and resumed winning. Again, no secret that I prefer the SEC to snotty West Coast QBs. McElroy or Tebow. Try them both before you judge them to be busts. BTW, Alabama is the Patriots of college football. Hated and feared. But I give them props for their fierce game play.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 11-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    So says the dunce that will be painting a rosy picture once we beat the next scrub team by 3 points.
    +1

"We're turning the corner! This team is about to go on a run! The media can't hold us down now! You're a clueless SOJF if you think otherwise!"
    Last edited by Untouchable; 11-23-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

"We're turning the corner! This team is about to go on a run! The media can't hold us down now! You're a clueless SOJF if you think otherwise!"
    Unreadable ss always

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Unreadable ss always

Drink bleach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Unreadable ss always

Another worthwhile contribution to the discussion at hand by sg3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Another unreadable contribution to the discussion at hand by SOJF Unreadable himself
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I think a new philosophy and a new vision is needed as well. The Jets have spent I don't know how much time trying to be a "ground and pound" team while looking for an "elite quarterback".

"Franchise QBs" like Brady, who wasn't a first round draft pick? Or Rogers, who sat as backup behind Favre? How about we just use a QB we already have. One that protects the ball, doesn't throw many interceptions, and gets the job done. I want WINS more than I want a tight pretty spiral (I know, Michael Scott, that's what she said). Both Tebow and McElroy deserve a chance to start some games and show what they've got. I think they'd both protect the ball better than Sanchez. You all know that I love Tebow, but I also saw McElroy in the preseason and was impressed. His accuracy looked good and his play was smooth. It's hard for either Tebow or McElroy to show what they've got when they don't get reps with the 1st team, though.

FWIW, McElroy led Alabama to a win over FL one year when Tebow was QB, and that was the game when Tebow took responsibility as a QB for losing the game. Yeah, that was when he cried, and some of you as probably jeering at that, but he definitely didn't sound like Sanchez "We've got to get better" and "some mistakes were made". Tebow took effing responsibility, worked harder and resumed winning. Again, no secret that I prefer the SEC to snotty West Coast QBs. McElroy or Tebow. Try them both before you judge them to be busts. BTW, Alabama is the Patriots of college football. Hated and feared. But I give them props for their fierce game play.
    Sorry ma'am, but that loss came at the hands of the Jevan Snead led Ol' Miss Rebels. As a Tebow hater since his UF days, I'll never forget that day

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    In a nutshell, this is why the Rex Ryan Experiment has failed. Even into his fourth year as HC, we all still see Rex as a defensive coordinator. I believe Rex does, too.

Unlike Bellicheat or Coughlin, Rex does not have the ability or mettle to morph into a HC, capable of mastering, and orchestrating, all three phases of our team. "Not having the pulse" of the team you've been hired to direct is inexcusable and a fireable offense. Woody should have shown him the door last year.
    Belicheat's coaching record is impressive with Brady. Without, the record speaks for itself -- sub .500. Meanwhile, it took Coughlin about 15 years as a HC before he finally won his first SB. Rex has his faults but his early coaching success in the toughest market in the league speaks for itself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Not sure what people expected with Revis and Holmes out for the season.

But as far as what we must endure, I think if we publicly sacrifice sg3 and Ray Ray to the football Gods, it will end our torment.
    Holmes is a cancer...REAL teams like the Steelers knew this.

Revis is GREAT but I cant think of any SB teams who tie up their cap space in a corner. Let alone one who holds out every 3 years......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I cant think

FIXED

You could find the dream team of coaches and front office.

Without a QB you can't win. You need to find a legit NFL QB.

Arm strength, accuracy and field/pocket awareness.

That should be the franchises one and only goal in the short-term.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a Jet fan since the days at Shea and am, along with 4 others, a season ticket holder. I can accept the fact that you can't win every game but I cannot accept a team that has given up and is not mentally prepared and make fools of themselves in front of a national audience. It's time to clean house;

Rex Ryan (gone) - I like Rex, I really do, but as a head coach it's not the most popular person who gets the job done. Rex is supposed to be a defensive coach yet our defense has taken steps back year after year. He also doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team and I believe has lost the heart of players.

Tanny (gone) - A numbers man who doesn't know how to evaluate talent. He should be shown the door for putting this team on the field as pretenders.

Sanchez (gone) - You can't lead without taking responsibility and Sanchez needs to realize that you make your own luck in the NFL. The coaches coddled him too much and he just has not stepped up his game at a time when they need someone to step up their game.

I could see where 60% of the current starters would not be back and good ridence. The problem of course is that this means more years of rebuilding while I continue to max out my Visa for tickets. Jet fans deserve better, the city of New York deserves better and the people who sit in the cold to see a Jet team produce deserve a hell of a lot better.
    The Jets maxed out their VISA to get you to max out yours. Maybe you and the Jets need to put together a plan that includes something called value.