Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My hope is that Tannenbaum

My hope is that Tannenbaum

gets canned at the end of this year and his replacement is asked to keep Rex for another year.

However, I know Woody, and I feel that he likes Tannenbaum (Remember the scene in Hard Knocks when Tannenbaum gives Woody all those press clippings about the Jets and Woody loves it?) And being around Tannenbaum a few times I fear that he will effectively convince Woody to give him one more year, which he is on contract for anyway, which would really be disastrous.

Also, why in the heck did we have to extend Sanchez? What a stupid move by Tannenbaum. I'm not sure any viable upgrade over Tannenbaum would even want the job.

tanny rex pettine sanchez need to go. clean house.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    You left out Sparano.

No one is going anywhere. They will sweep the next 5 games against putrid competition and miss the playoffs anyway at 9-7. That is all the reason Woody will need to stick with Rex Tanny and Sanchez for another horrible season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You left out Sparano.
    Sparano makes Schottenheimer look like Mike Martz

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    gets canned at the end of this year and his replacement is asked to keep Rex for another year.
    That is highly unrealistic. Any new GM will want to install his own man and coaching staff. Asking a new GM to "inherit" Rex is like putting handcuffs on him before his job even begins. Unless they bring in someone who already wants Rex.. and if that's what they demand from a new GM, then he will be doomed to failure before he even starts.

I think Tannenbaum and Sparno get canned.

I think Rex brings in a proven vet at qb and gives Sanchez an extremely short leash knowing it's just a matter of time for Sanchez.

I don't know who Rex can lure as the o coordinator though. The offense is a mess and that person would have to believe they can make chicken salad from chicken sh!t.

Rex is really in a tough spot. He's backed the wrong race horse a couple of times and although he's a good defensive mind, his head coaching growth is extremely painful.

He needs to separate his personal feelings from the business and make decisions with the absence of emotion. Leave your loyalty at home.

I don't know if he can fix it. This hole is pretty deep at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    That is highly unrealistic. Any new GM will want to install his own man and coaching staff. Asking a new GM to "inherit" Rex is like putting handcuffs on him before his job even begins. Unless they bring in someone who already wants Rex.. and if that's what they demand from a new GM, then he will be doomed to failure before he even starts.
    You don't know Woody. I do.

total house cleaning: GM, HC, OC, DC, QB, about 1/2 of the roster

The Jets will essentially be an expansion football team in 2013.

However, I know Woody, and I feel that he likes Tannenbaum (Remember the scene in Hard Knocks when Tannenbaum gives Woody all those press clippings about the Jets and Woody loves it?) And being around Tannenbaum a few times I fear that he will effectively convince Woody to give him one more year, which he is on contract for anyway, which would really be disastrous.

Also, why in the heck did we have to extend Sanchez? What a stupid move by Tannenbaum. I'm not sure any viable upgrade over Tannenbaum would even want the job.
    Tannenbaum needs to go today! The Jets need to start scouring for the next GM immediately. Rex should stay for the rest of the year, and the new GM holds his fate.

Let the world know this is coming, and see who on this team, from players and coaches, respond.

The word needs to get out the the stewardship of Tanny and his Sports Back Page seat of the pants ways....are over. We do not have time to wait to the end of the season. We don't need vacillating here. This team needs to turn the page starting today.

Rex isn't the biggest problem, though he's been one. The reality is we have had mediocre drafts, bad contracts that don't allow this team the depth it needs. Not to mention selfish self absorbed players that don't understand the concept of team.

Woody needs to do one of two things. Either fire Tanny this off season or sign him to a multi year extension. I want him gone, no doubt about that. The worst thing that could happen would be for woody to 'give him one more year to turn it around' quick fixes and GM moves can only make things worse.

You don't know Woody. I do.
    If you "know" Woody why dont you tell him this yourself?

The Jets will essentially be an expansion football team in 2013.[/QUOTE]

They already look like an expansion team now

Veteran
    I agree that Tannenbaum needs to go asap. From there, you let the new GM make the call on the coach. I don't think you fire both at once, forcing a rash mad scramble to put a warm body in the head coaching gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    No one is going anywhere. They will sweep the next 5 games against putrid competition and miss the playoffs anyway at 9-7. That is all the reason Woody will need to stick with Rex Tanny and Sanchez for another horrible season.
    That's my fear.The schedule is pretty damn easy the rest of the way.Don't think they will win them all but I can easily see them at 8 and 8 at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by y2j44jets View Post
    They already look like an expansion team now
    This is an insult to expansion teams everywhere.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    SPARANO.

GONE.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    That's my fear.The schedule is pretty damn easy the rest of the way.Don't think they will win them all but I can easily see them at 8 and 8 at the end of the season
    That's why you ROOT HARD for them to lose lose lose lose lose.

NEED TO LOSE.

If you want to hire a reputable GM who's worth his salt at all, you don't tell him he has to keep Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    A very very possible sad outcome.