Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Shonn Greene is a lucky sob ...

  1. #1

    Shonn Greene is a lucky sob ...

    because if it were not for the Sanchez butt play, we'd be talking about the butthead play of his own. Do you remember? Fourth and 1 down around the Pats 30 yard line? Let me refresh you memory. Greene takes the ball, and much like Sanchez, proceeds to basically run into the ass of his offensive lineman instead of cutting to the right where he had open daylight. So what does he do next? He just sort of stands there and let's a Pats linebacker wrap his arms around him from behind the Jets offensive lineman. It was sort of a tackle sandwich that had to be seen to be believed. Then what does he do? He extends his arms with the football in a desperate attempt to get the first down. Except this isn't a goal line situation, where once the ball crosses the line the play is over. It's a live ball, so basically you have Greene extending the ball out and literally handing it to the Patriots. Not ones to reject a gift, they happily swat it out of his hands and take it. Greene, in an effort to display that he is stupid in addition to being a bad running back, is seen in the next camera shot pointing excitedly upfield as if he got the first down. He's probably still wondering what happened.
    Last edited by BroadwayRay; 11-23-2012 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,928
    For a "bruising" RB, Greene has to be one of the worst short yardage backs in the league.

  3. #3
    Shonn Greene is an idiot JAG who, if not for an even more inept group of "coaches" evaluating his talent and potential, would, at best, be a number three back on most teams with competent coaching.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    because if it were not for the Sanchez butt play, we'd be talking about the butthead play of his own. Do you remember? Fourth and 1 down around the Pats 30 yard line? Let me refresh you memory. Greene takes the ball, and much like Sanchez, proceeds to basically run into the ass of his offensive lineman instead of cutting to the right where he had open daylight. So what does he do next? He just sort of stands there and let's a Pats linebacker wrap his arms around him from behind the Jets offensive lineman. It was sort of a tackle sandwich that had to be seen to be believed. Then what does he do? He extends his arms with the football in a desperate attempt to get the first down. Except this isn't a goal line situation, where once the ball crosses the line the play is over. It's a live ball, so basically you have Greene extending the ball out and literally handing it to the Patriots. Not ones to reject a gift, they happily swat it out of his hands and take it. Greene, in an effort to display that he is stupid in addition to being a bad running back, is seen in the next camera shot pointing excitedly upfield as if he got the first down. He's probably still wondering what happened.
    Actually, that play cost the Pats about 7 yards in field position.

    Greene was stopped short on 4th an 1 and the Pats would have taken over right there.

    Instead, the fumble went downfield before the Pats recover.

    Can't fault the guy for trying to extend the ball for a 1st down when he already knew he was short.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For a "bruising" RB, Greene has to be one of the worst short yardage backs in the league.
    And the only RB who aims for defenders instead of trying to avoid them.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    Powell is a much better runningback but they start greene. Tebow is a much better qb but they start sanchez.

    The coaches will have no one to blame when they are fired immediately after the season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Shonn Greene is an idiot JAG who, if not for an even more inept group of "coaches" evaluating his talent and potential, would, at best, be a number three back on most teams with competent coaching.
    Yup, just another case of the team TOTALLY over valuing a players abilities and remembering the 2 good games a player has rather than the 20 bad ones.

  8. #8
    To me, that was the play that turned this game into a debacle. That and the weekly INT in the RZ, couldn't do without that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Powell is a much better runningback but they start greene. Tebow is a much better qb but they start sanchez.

    The coaches will have no one to blame when they are fired immediately after the season.
    agree lets hope this happens.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, that play cost the Pats about 7 yards in field position.

    Greene was stopped short on 4th an 1 and the Pats would have taken over right there.

    Instead, the fumble went downfield before the Pats recover.

    Can't fault the guy for trying to extend the ball for a 1st down when he already knew he was short.
    I made the same point last night.

    We actually benefited from the fumble. He was stopped cold. No chance to get a first down. Our OL sucks. Even when they were good they rarely got the big yards when they needed to. Only time I can remember them coming through is the SD playoff game.

    Greene actually was OK last night.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Powell is a much better runningback but they start greene. Tebow is a much better qb but they start sanchez.

    The coaches will have no one to blame when they are fired immediately after the season.
    Powell sucks, too. I wish everyone on the board would stop blowing up this guy's skirt. Another Jag-minus just like Greene and McKnight. Face it, folks, our guys can't evaluate RB talent.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I made the same point last night.

    We actually benefited from the fumble. He was stopped cold. No chance to get a first down. Our OL sucks. Even when they were good they rarely got the big yards when they needed to. Only time I can remember them coming through is the SD playoff game.

    Greene actually was OK last night.
    A good running back would have made the yardage by making a simple cut to the right. I'd bet Powell would have made the play. Take another look at the replay from the endzone camera view and you'll see what I mean. Greene, like Sanchez, has poor vision and instincts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I made the same point last night.

    We actually benefited from the fumble. He was stopped cold. No chance to get a first down. Our OL sucks. Even when they were good they rarely got the big yards when they needed to. Only time I can remember them coming through is the SD playoff game.

    Greene actually was OK last night.
    This is is correct. The fumble was a last ditch attempt to get a first down. The fact that it squirted downfield actually helped the Jets. Please, there are plenty of other plays deserving of your vitriol, but not this one. At least not the fumble part. How bout the fact that the Jets OL can never seem to open a hole on 3rd/4th and 1?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I made the same point last night.

    We actually benefited from the fumble. He was stopped cold. No chance to get a first down. Our OL sucks. Even when they were good they rarely got the big yards when they needed to. Only time I can remember them coming through is the SD playoff game.

    Greene actually was OK last night.
    What happens if the ball bounces straight to a ne defender and they return I for a TD? Still a good play? That was an awful play, just as bad as Sanchez's.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    What happens if the ball bounces straight to a ne defender and they return I for a TD? Still a good play? That was an awful play, just as bad as Sanchez's.
    Forget it. That deluded bunch sees a vat of steaming s hit and comments on how great the big pieces of corn will taste.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,928
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    This is is correct. The fumble was a last ditch attempt to get a first down. The fact that it squirted downfield actually helped the Jets. Please, there are plenty of other plays deserving of your vitriol, but not this one. At least not the fumble part. How bout the fact that the Jets OL can never seem to open a hole on 3rd/4th and 1?
    The fumble was irrelevant, the fact that he gets zero push and runs directly into the backs of his linemen is the part people have an issue with. This isnt the first time Greene has been stuffed on short yardage.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    What happens if the ball bounces straight to a ne defender and they return I for a TD? Still a good play? That was an awful play, just as bad as Sanchez's.
    Of course not. It was a bad play. All I am saying is that the fumble actually worked to our advantage.

    I do not want to look like I am sticking up for him b.c I want to get rid of Greene. But IMO he was trying his best to get the first down. It was not as bad a play as Sanchez' INT.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The fumble was irrelevant, the fact that he gets zero push and runs directly into the backs of his linemen is the part people have an issue with. This isnt the first time Greene has been stuffed on short yardage.
    Overall, you are correct. But on that specific play Greene had no chance. IMO that play was more symbolic of the futility of our OL. Greene was just the icing on the cake. The vanilla cake.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    How bout the fact that the Jets OL can never seem to open a hole on 3rd/4th and 1?
    I think Mr. Wilfork had something to say about that last night.

    He completely dominated the middle of the LOS last night.

    Jets should have run off-tackle on that 4th down play, not right at Wilfork.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I think Mr. Wilfork had something to say about that last night.

    He completely dominated the middle of the LOS last night.

    Jets should have run off-tackle on that 4th down play, not right at Wilfork.
    Guy is a friggin' madman. He's still playing at such a high level. It's what we all hoped Kris Jenkins would have given our team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us