Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Jets should get a proven veteran QB next year either via trade or FA

  1. #1

    Jets should get a proven veteran QB next year either via trade or FA

    Enough with these rookie inexperienced losers that you try to live with growing pains only to realize you wasted your time on a bust. Look what happened when they signed Vinny. If Philip Rivers is available via trade next year I dont give a **** if they have to trade Revis you better get that deal DONE. Any other proven veterans they can go get? Yea I know they don't grow on trees but others trash can be our gold. Michael Vick anybody ?

  2. #2
    U want rivers? He would last 2minutes before a meltdown. That guy is a clown. Bring someone in, but not that guy.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Enough with these rookie inexperienced losers that you try to live with growing pains only to realize you wasted your time on a bust. Look what happened when they signed Vinny. If Philip Rivers is available via trade next year I dont give a **** if they have to trade Revis you better get that deal DONE. Any other proven veterans they can go get? Yea I know they don't grow on trees but others trash can be our gold. Michael Vick anybody ?
    Michael Vick? Seriously? You want a 32 year old running QB who's clearly slowing down and often gets hurt?

    The Jets should draft a QB and sign a veteran who can start like Kyle Orton (or maybe trade for Matt Flynn) and go that route. The problem is, the Jets have $16M invested in Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow in 2013. Draft a QB is logical, but signing a QB too is quite unlikely.

  4. #4
    id rather go with a rookie like geno smith. no more retreads or has beens.

  5. #5
    I don't know if you've noticed, but the entire roster is a barren wasteland. Trading draft picks or our best player for a veteran quarterback would be the type of knee-jerk, boneheaded move that created this mess in the first place. It's rebuilding time, not quick-fix time. If anything, the Jets should consider trading Revis for a bunch of high draft picks. He'll be old and gray by the time this team is ready to contend again.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,295
    Looks like the draft is the only way to go next season because of Sanchez's contract.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    U want rivers? He would last 2minutes before a meltdown. That guy is a clown. Bring someone in, but not that guy.
    I don't give a **** that he is a clown. The guy completes over 67% of his passes on his worst year. Worrying about the personality of the QB is what got us into trouble in the first place. Rex fell in love with Sanchez cause he made a stupid joke with a motorcycle **** that

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,205
    Draft a QB every year until we find one. First or second round.

    We will know when we have him.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    U want rivers? He would last 2minutes before a meltdown. That guy is a clown. Bring someone in, but not that guy.
    TJ Yates

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I don't give a **** that he is a clown. The guy completes over 67% of his passes on his worst year. Worrying about the personality of the QB is what got us into trouble in the first place. Rex fell in love with Sanchez cause he made a stupid joke with a motorcycle **** that
    Rivers is awful. He has a ton of talent around him and a great o coordinator,. If you want completion percentage, just see if chad can one back, it won't cost revis.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but the entire roster is a barren wasteland. Trading draft picks or our best player for a veteran quarterback would be the type of knee-jerk, boneheaded move that created this mess in the first place. It's rebuilding time, not quick-fix time. If anything, the Jets should consider trading Revis for a bunch of high draft picks. He'll be old and gray by the time this team is ready to contend again.
    +1

    Time to start over.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,879
    They don't need the QB to do much. Maybe the occasional TD pass and limit turnovers. That would be a start. Hell, chad might have this team at 7-4 this year

  13. #13
    His team cannot run the football. They need the qb to do everything. We started gates ad Schillens last night.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    U want rivers? He would last 2minutes before a meltdown. That guy is a clown. Bring someone in, but not that guy.
    Rivers is an awful POS. Signing him would be another "typical Jet move"/disaster.

    We sign Rivers and I will walk away for good. How many Neil O'Donnell moves can one person endure?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    His team cannot run the football. They need the qb to do everything. We started gates ad Schillens last night.
    Oh?

    So Sparano drew up the "fake handoff to Hoffa's ghost slide into Brandon Moore's butt" play?

    Sanchez almost pulled it off but he fumbled the ball before a Patriot could touch him so ... 6 points Patriots.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,653
    Sanchez is a proven veteran. He has just not proven to be good.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Sanchez is a proven veteran. He has just not proven to be good.
    Did you hear? Mark gives us our best chance to win.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,841
    Heard a lot about Romo being the QB next year...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Heard a lot about Romo being the QB next year...
    Bullet? Meet my temple if this is true.

    You think Sanchez is a mush? Romo makes Mark look like Johnny U in his prime.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but the entire roster is a barren wasteland. Trading draft picks or our best player for a veteran quarterback would be the type of knee-jerk, boneheaded move that created this mess in the first place. It's rebuilding time, not quick-fix time. If anything, the Jets should consider trading Revis for a bunch of high draft picks. He'll be old and gray by the time this team is ready to contend again.
    This is simply untrue. We're not in the 80's anymore. The NFL is not like that. If you change up a few things you can go from worst to first in one year. The Rams did that. They got lucky with an arena league QB. It's all about getting the right pieces, but QB is #1.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us