Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets should get a proven veteran QB next year either via trade or FA

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Draft a QB every year until we find one. First or second round.

We will know when we have him.
    You know generally I would think this is a ridiculous idea but when you think about it if you don't have a winning QB it doesn't matter what else you draft. Maybe not in the 1st or 2nd round but in each draft. So I think the highest priority is to get a winning QB and then draft to support him. Sanchez is not a winner and will always break our hearts. Just watching the postgame last night it's easy to see he handles the press better than the opposing team.

Make a move for the eventual odd man out of what's going on in SF right now. More than likely it will be Smith, who is all that we need in a run-first offense. Accurate and most importantly JUDICIOUS WITH THE BALL

Rivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez and rivers is not tremendous. If he was cheap enough I'd easily go for rivers.

None of this is going to happen though. Sanchez will play every stinking game next year.

There are ZERO decent QBs in this year's draft. NONE.
    Rivers is mentally unstable. Romo is erratic and a choker.
    Flynn is not bad. But not good enough to beat out an unproven rookie.
    Yates stepped in and did well for Hou. But eh.
    To summarize: Jets are screwed.

The 2014 QB draft class DOES look pretty good though.
    How are things in Canada. Don't foolow thoise guys at all. Moon came out of there once. Flutie also.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    You know generally I would think this is a ridiculous idea but when you think about it if you don't have a winning QB it doesn't matter what else you draft. Maybe not in the 1st or 2nd round but in each draft. So I think the highest priority is to get a winning QB and then draft to support him. Sanchez is not a winner and will always break our hearts. Just watching the postgame last night it's easy to see he handles the press better than the opposing team.
    I agree that the team needs a franchise QB....but keep in mind a lot of it is luck and circumstance

If Mo Lewis doesnt cream Bledsoe there is a chance Brady doesnt even get a chance

If Trent Green doesnt get hurt Warner would not have gotten his chance

If NO didnt get the perfect offensive mind for Brees in Sean Payton would he have been as good

Colts are losers in the 2 years best QB prospects ever come out....2 years Jets are worst no franchise QB to be found

GB mgt smart enough to grab 2 franchise QBs from relatively late picks...and had the balls to trade for Favre while Jets went with Browning...

If Jets drafted Marino instead of Kenny O would Marino have been a HOf QB with that coaching staff and lousy OL?

There is a reason that teams get franchise QBs...some of it is luck...some coaching and some circumstance....the Jets are not a very lucky team....coaching and mgt has been awful....so I am not holding my breath for a franchise QB....although one is needed....badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Bullet? Meet my temple if this is true.

You think Sanchez is a mush? Romo makes Mark look like Johnny U in his prime.
    Have you ever watched football?? Romo is far and away better than Sanchez. He makes mistakes like Sanchez, but Sanchez has zero talent on top of the mistakes!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I don't give a **** that he is a clown. The guy completes over 67% of his passes on his worst year. Worrying about the personality of the QB is what got us into trouble in the first place. Rex fell in love with Sanchez cause he made a stupid joke with a motorcycle **** that
    He would blow up in the New York media. That is HUGE factor.
    Not to mention, he has done nothing when it counts.

Now, if you want to talk Alex Smith....MAYBE. Best scenario is draft a QB and have him compete with Sanchez, unless you can find a trade partner for him (Sanchez that is)

Jets Insider VIP
    Bring in matt moore on the cheap and hand him the starting job. Draft a qb to groom. Staple sanchez to the bench until we can cut him after next season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Make a move for the eventual odd man out of what's going on in SF right now. More than likely it will be Smith, who is all that we need in a run-first offense. Accurate and most importantly JUDICIOUS WITH THE BALL
    Why would we go from a QB who can't throw downfield to an old QB who can't throw downfield? He doesn't make turnovers cause he can't throw the ball!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Michael Vick? Seriously? You want a 32 year old running QB who's clearly slowing down and often gets hurt?

The Jets should draft a QB and sign a veteran who can start like Kyle Orton (or maybe trade for Matt Flynn) and go that route. The problem is, the Jets have $16M invested in Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow in 2013. Draft a QB is logical, but signing a QB too is quite unlikely.
    we should all listen to scientists!

Trade for Alex Smith if the Niners have indeed given up on him

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Draft a QB every year until we find one. First or second round.

We will know when we have him.
    The new rookie salary scale combined with the importance of having a franchise QB makes this a viable strategy. You just need to make sure you have people who can, you know, scout and develop.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Trade for Alex Smith if the Niners have indeed given up on him
    Smith sucks, smith is Mark Sanchez 3 years from now (Top end ability for sanchez). a guy that will look far better than he is on a totally stacked team. Put him on the Jets without a dominant run game, oline and defense and he will be a very small improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Smith sucks, smith is Mark Sanchez 3 years from now (Top end ability for sanchez). a guy that will look far better than he is on a totally stacked team. Put him on the Jets without a dominant run game, oline and defense and he will be a very small improvement.
    Smith has 103 passer rating. Smith completes near 70% of his passes, including an 18 for 19 game against a good Cardinals D that forced Matt Ryan into 5 INTs the next week. Smith accounted for 4 TDs in winning a come from behind shootout against the Saints in the playoffs. Sanchez couldn't hold Smith's jock, you're talking out of your a.s.s. on this one. The guy doesn't turn the ball over and would be the perfect QB for what Rex wants to do. His bad rep at this point is not based on his play on the field, but people's antiquated notion that he is a bust and he stinks, people who haven't really followed him since the beginning of last season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Smith has 103 passer rating. Smith completes near 70% of his passes, including an 18 for 19 game against a good Cardinals D that forced Matt Ryan into 5 INTs the next week. Smith accounted for 4 TDs in winning a come from behind shootout against the Saints in the playoffs. Sanchez couldn't hold Smith's jock, you're talking out of your a.s.s. on this one. The guy doesn't turn the ball over and would be the perfect QB for what Rex wants to do. His bad rep at this point is not based on his play on the field, but people's antiquated notion that he is a bust and he stinks, people who haven't really followed him since the beginning of last season.
    Look at the Niners WRs....last time I checked the Jets don't have much....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Smith doesn't suck at all Beer.....look at his stats.
    He is a great game manager, and I think could handle the NY media

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    And with Holmes, Hill with another year, Kerley, a WR free agent (there are TONS out there next year), and another draft pick, that can quickly change.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    They have good targets, but let's not act like they are all-world outside of Davis. Moss was retired last year. Nobody wanted him. Manningham was not even re-signed by the team that he made a huge play for in the SB. Williams was a laughingstock after the NFC CG. Crabtree was thought to be a bust until recently. Smith is a good player. Is he Peyton Manning? No. But he's way ahead of Sanchez and worth bringing in at least for a one year trial run if he is available.

All this thread does, is prove just how bad that Jets are screwed the next few years. Prepare for mediocrity again boys...

Everyone says we can't cut Sanchez. Why?? I would just eat his entire salary and deal with it just to not have his delusional attitude on the team.