Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Woody ..... grow a set

Practice Squad

Hey Woody ..... grow a set

You love publicity. Well how do you like the publicity your seeing now?

Your team is one of the worst in the NFL. Your team disrespects it's loudmouth coach who dispite all of the failures stands behind one of the worst QB's in the league as he gives you "the best chance to win'. What do u think these players are saying amongst themselves? Is it "we love Sanchez"? or is it "oh sh!t here we go again, another turnover"

Grow some Woody. Start the wheels in motion. There needs to be wholesale changes made and it starts at the top. If one of your divisions at J&J was tanking wouldn't you fire somebody? Wouldn't you get involved?

Fire Rex now and replace him with an interim coach for the rest of the season. Your team is lost and your playing for nothing right now other than where to pick in the draft. I'm tired of excuses as is every Jet fan out there. Take off the stupid green hat and green tie and start kicking some asses.

If one of your divisions at J&J was tanking wouldn't you fire somebody? Wouldn't you get involved?
    No he wouldn't because the powers at be knew better to kick his father out of the company before Woody ever had a chance to do any damage.

He never so much as picked up a Q Tip at the company that bears his name. He just rolls in the dough from it.

There's not one person in the Jets organization that has one ounce of pride or work-ethic. Let alone guts. "Grow a pair"??? ****, that'll be the day. This team quit and it quit a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TomsRiverJet View Post

Your team is one of the worst in the NFL. Your team disrespects it's loudmouth coach who dispite all of the failures stands behind one of the worst QB's in the league as he gives you "the best chance to win'. What do u think these players are saying amongst themselves? Is it "we love Sanchez"? or is it "oh sh!t here we go again, another turnover"

Grow some Woody. Start the wheels in motion. There needs to be wholesale changes made and it starts at the top. If one of your divisions at J&J was tanking wouldn't you fire somebody? Wouldn't you get involved?

Fire Rex now and replace him with an interim coach for the rest of the season. Your team is lost and your playing for nothing right now other than where to pick in the draft. I'm tired of excuses as is every Jet fan out there. Take off the stupid green hat and green tie and start kicking some asses.
    Agreed...Fire Tanny and Rex now

Hall Of Fame
    Three balls?

I'd settle for a pair.

Fire Rex. Promote Westy. At least the last 5 weeks will be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    agreed........

All League
    **** Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by TomsRiverJet View Post
    Do you think a corporate monster like Woody Johnson who only cares about the brand has the ability to chose the next people to truly run this team?

Dream on. Good publicity, bad publicity, doesnt matter as long as its publicity. Rex is the ring leader of this circus and if he happens to be fired (I dont think he will) he will be replaced by someone else who will bring the headlines with little substance.

hire a football mind like parcells as gm and let him run the organization from top to bottom.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Do you think a corporate monster like Woody Johnson who only cares about the brand has the ability to chose the next people to truly run this team?

Dream on. Good publicity, bad publicity, doesnt matter as long as its publicity. Rex is the ring leader of this circus and if he happens to be fired (I dont think he will) he will be replaced by someone else who will bring the headlines with little substance.
    Corporate monster. Do go on with the hyperbole.

Kraft is one too with a much younger hottie to boot.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-23-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Veteran
    Make Romney the GM he's unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Fire Tanny now. Start the search for a real GM now.

Let the GM make all calls, especially on the coaching staff.

I don't think any new GM will keep Rex. However, the reality is that he's gotten the team to the Championship game twice, and this will likely be his first losing season. A new GM should have the ability to decide on his fate. None of us really know how much input Rex has had on the personnel. Maybe he should have none.

After all. The guy has:

No real QB, only 2 eating up massive cap space.
    No real franchise back.
    No real WRs
    No real pass rusher
    Old slow LBs
    Missing his best CB, who is the best in the NFL
    A bunch of bad character guys in Holmes, Cromartie etc...

Yet the team has played some quality games against the Bills, Rams, Colts, 1st Pats and Fins game.

I'm not really sure how much better any coach would do with this rag tag bunch of misfits. Rex has had some quality moments for this team, and perhaps he could be the right coach going forward with the right organization make over.

Regardless, the right thing for our makeover would be to let our next GM, hopefully a real football guy, make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Three balls?

I'd settle for a pair.

I'd love his press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    Fire Tanny now. Start the search for a real GM now.

Let the GM make all calls, especially on the coaching staff.

I don't think any new GM will keep Rex. However, the reality is that he's gotten the team to the Championship game twice, and this will likely be his first losing season. A new GM should have the ability to decide on his fate. None of us really know how much input Rex has had on the personnel. Maybe he should have none.

After all. The guy has:

No real QB, only 2 eating up massive cap space.
    No real franchise back.
    No real WRs
    No real pass rusher
    Old slow LBs
    Missing his best CB, who is the best in the NFL
    A bunch of bad character guys in Holmes, Cromartie etc...

Yet the team has played some quality games against the Bills, Rams, Colts, 1st Pats and Fins game.

I'm not really sure how much better any coach would do with this rag tag bunch of misfits. Rex has had some quality moments for this team, and perhaps he could be the right coach going forward with the right organization make over.

Regardless, the right thing for our makeover would be to let our next GM, hopefully a real football guy, make the call.
    Sign me up

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hire a football mind like parcells as gm and let him run the organization from top to bottom.
    We tried that once. Parcells won't stick around to get the job done and it cost us Bellichick and consistent winning too. It gave us Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Tanni, Bradway and everything that happened after to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    We tried that once. Parcells won't stick around to get the job done and it cost us Bellichick and consistent winning too. It gave us Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Tanni, Bradway and everything that happened after to this day.
    ok then who? bill cowher rumour has it he wants back in the nfl.

Rookie
    I was referring to going to Parcells again. Bill Cowher would have to have total control to even consider coming here. If he had been willing he would have been hired over Rex. He didn't want the job before why would he want it now? Maybe Marty would take it. Maybe Holmgrem would. There has got to be someone that can handle New York and actually wants to be the one that wins with this team. Rex does but may not have grown to the point he is able to. I think this job is tougher than any other job in NY sports because the history is failure. As long as Belichick is in NE it will take the second coming of Vince Lombardi to over come Belly consistently. The Pats are the only team I've seen that never has these types of games. They may lose but rarely ever get blown out. The last time it took a former assistant of his to do it.

Bring back Mangini.

Veteran
    Bring him in!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Three balls?

I'd settle for a pair.

You want Westy to suffer so badly?

The guy is retiring at the end of the season. Let him be.