Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A rebuild scenario

Jetsfan95, No team is going to trade anything of value for Revis this off season. The guy is coming off ACL surgery and won't be ready to work out until after the draft.

Plus the Lions of all teams, The Lions are one of the most cap strapped teams next year. No one is going to trade for revis without signing him long term and nobody is going to sign him long term without seeing him play again.

Shon Greene is a FA, he can not be traded any why would anyone do so?

No one is going to trade you anything for Tebow, The jets ruined any value that he may have had.

Austin Howard is worth the 1.8mill tender.

Your FA are reasonable considering the cap

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    That's right Beerfish. I don't understand how the majority of Jets fans have decided that Tebow's no good when (a) he beat Sanchez last year and (b) he hasn't gotten to start an entire series of plays this season, much less a whole quarter or a whole game.

I'm starting to believe that the only thing that would convince Jets fans to believe in the Jets backup QB is something like the R. Kelly jury selection skit from the Chappelle Show:

If you know what I mean.
    Suzy, I don't think Beerfish got the memo that Tebow has two fractured ribs.

How the f did THAT happen when he hardly played is a mystery unto itself....

But regardless, I'm not going to shed any tears for him if this keeps him off the field. Although with how bad Mark is playing, it's only a matter of time.

Hopefully, McElroy gets a shot so I can know which games to watch(the ones that do not have Teblow).

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    +infinity, I keep watching Arkansas to see what the big deal is, but the dude reminds me of Sanchez, undersized and bad decision making.

If we pick a QB in round 2, I would prefer Glennon, Bray or even Nassib later on in the draft.
    This. Damn, I didn't know the guy from Adam and coincidentally the LSU-Ark. game is on CBS so I watched. It was like watching a Mark Sanchez clone playing like that at the collegiate level. All you kept hearing was "the pass was a little off, but that's the kind of catch you need your receiver to make". Passes off target, and he looks like he has a *****y attitude to boot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis in a trade-up for blue chip QB? Make a play for a Luck or RGIII type player?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Suzy, I don't think Beerfish got the memo that Tebow has two fractured ribs.

How the f did THAT happen when he hardly played is a mystery unto itself....

But regardless, I'm not going to shed any tears for him if this keeps him off the field. Although with how bad Mark is playing, it's only a matter of time.

Hopefully, McElroy gets a shot so I can know which games to watch(the ones that do not have Teblow).
    Awwwwwww, Vin, you're breaking my heart. Hey, do you put salt on your food before tasting it? Cuz that's kinda how you're deciding Tebow is no good.

But we can agree to disagree and I'll still luv ya. You gotta admit that Chappelle skit was golden, tho.

Jets Insider VIP
    We need matt moore here. Sign him on the cheap in the offseason and give him the starting job. That should be our #1 priority this offseason. Stabalizing the qb position with a veteren. Then find a guy in the draft to groom. And make sanchez head clipboard operator until next year when we can get rid of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wilson is still hands down my favorite QB in this upcoming draft class. Good arm, accurate, has the pocket presence and is a damn good leader. The kid also eats, sleeps and breathes football.

I wouldn't touch Bray with a 10 foot pole. Kid just got benched against Vanderbilt last week and supposedly he's a major douchebag who's commitment to football has been called into question. I heard his teammates hate the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Revis in a trade-up for blue chip QB? Make a play for a Luck or RGIII type player?
    There is no Luck or RG3 in this draft.

No matter how much people want to pump up Geno Smith.

I don't see any of this as rebuild but this would be my projected roster for next year.

QB Tyler Wilson, Sanchez, Byron Leftwich - They will do what they sould have done this year get a viable vet. Only now they pretty much need to take a 1st rounder too. I can see an open 3 way comp here. F that the only way he will learn is on the field BS Rex fed us with Mark.

RB Darren McFadden, Powell, McKnight - Oakland will likely be looking to move McFadden for cap reasons. He sucks but is still better then Powell. They may need a BU QB so Tebow maybe enough IMO.

TE Keller, DJ Jefferson, Konrad Reuland - I think we need to wrap Keller back up really. We may have to overpay but he is scores better then any other option. I do like some of the late round TE in the draft but I wouldn't hang my hopes on them. Konrad also should get a pass IMO.

WR1 Holmes, Hill, Gates
    WR2 Kerley, Joshua Cribbs
    We are in pretty good shape at WR IMO. Gates may be back but Ginn and Cribbs are both ST studs we should look at IMO. If we can get one of them I am all in. Cribbs is much better value and more likely to leave his team really.

OT DBrick, Howard, Rick Wagner
    OG Moore, Vlad, Uzzi
    OC Mangold, Caleb

We have a pretty solid line. Slauson Leaving is no big deal but Moore is getting old. If we can land Uzzi and Wagner I really think they make this line even better long term.

DE Wilk, Coples, Trevor Laws
    Dont know why this team hate Dixon and Richards but they do. Laws fits the team and will likely be had cheap. IF he can pass a physical worth a roster spot. If not bring one of those guys back or Kenyon Coleman if he is cheap enough.

NT Ellis, Harrison
    They did fine when Pauho was out. NT hasn't been a weakness IMO.

OLB Cornellius Carradine, Anthony Spencer, Garrett McIntyre, Devin Taylor
    The biggest need. Make a play for Spencer if he doesn't get tagged IMO. Either way this is where we need to spend any money we do have. Go for the best OLB and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Also one in later rounds as well. Really just hit this area with everything ya got. I don't even care if it is trading Revis for one.

ILB Harris, Davis, Bellore, Greg Blair
    Davis will need to step up next year. I think we add anther late rounder here as well but I don't see us going crazy. We are pretty invested here already. Once Scott is gone it is more addition by subtraction IMO.

CB Revis, Cro, Wilson, Leon McFadden, Lancaster
    Our strongest area. Revis or Cro is likely gone but for the sake of this I am leaving them in. I can see a mid/late round CB drafted only because one of them will likely be gone though. I like Lancaster, Donnie Fletcher, and Berry so even that is hard for me to admit. McFadden though will be great value in mid/late rounds

S Landry, Bush, Allen, Bell
    Hoping we can kick Smith and promote Allen but otherwise stand pat.

ST Rob Bironas, Malone, Purdum,
    We need to stick with a P for more then a year or 2 so bring Malone back but find a viable K already. Folk is OK but Rob is much better. Purdum yeah whatever. If we have a shop at a good BU C in the draft maybe replace him but I really don't have a complaint here. I'd just like to see Caleb back at G next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Awwwwwww, Vin, you're breaking my heart. Hey, do you put salt on your food before tasting it? Cuz that's kinda how you're deciding Tebow is no good.

But we can agree to disagree and I'll still luv ya. You gotta admit that Chappelle skit was golden, tho.
    Hey! It's all good.

BTW, notice I didn't say anything bad about the skit because Chappelle is da bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see any of this as rebuild but this would be my projected roster for next year.

QB Tyler Wilson, Sanchez, Byron Leftwich - They will do what they sould have done this year get a viable vet. Only now they pretty much need to take a 1st rounder too. I can see an open 3 way comp here. F that the only way he will learn is on the field BS Rex fed us with Mark.

RB Darren McFadden, Powell, McKnight - Oakland will likely be looking to move McFadden for cap reasons. He sucks but is still better then Powell. They may need a BU QB so Tebow maybe enough IMO.

TE Keller, DJ Jefferson, Konrad Reuland - I think we need to wrap Keller back up really. We may have to overpay but he is scores better then any other option. I do like some of the late round TE in the draft but I wouldn't hang my hopes on them. Konrad also should get a pass IMO.

WR1 Holmes, Hill, Gates
    WR2 Kerley, Joshua Cribbs
    We are in pretty good shape at WR IMO. Gates may be back but Ginn and Cribbs are both ST studs we should look at IMO. If we can get one of them I am all in. Cribbs is much better value and more likely to leave his team really.

OT DBrick, Howard, Rick Wagner
    OG Moore, Vlad, Uzzi
    OC Mangold, Caleb

We have a pretty solid line. Slauson Leaving is no big deal but Moore is getting old. If we can land Uzzi and Wagner I really think they make this line even better long term.

DE Wilk, Coples, Trevor Laws
    Dont know why this team hate Dixon and Richards but they do. Laws fits the team and will likely be had cheap. IF he can pass a physical worth a roster spot. If not bring one of those guys back or Kenyon Coleman if he is cheap enough.

NT Ellis, Harrison
    They did fine when Pauho was out. NT hasn't been a weakness IMO.

OLB Cornellius Carradine, Anthony Spencer, Garrett McIntyre, Devin Taylor
    The biggest need. Make a play for Spencer if he doesn't get tagged IMO. Either way this is where we need to spend any money we do have. Go for the best OLB and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Also one in later rounds as well. Really just hit this area with everything ya got. I don't even care if it is trading Revis for one.

ILB Harris, Davis, Bellore, Greg Blair
    Davis will need to step up next year. I think we add anther late rounder here as well but I don't see us going crazy. We are pretty invested here already. Once Scott is gone it is more addition by subtraction IMO.

CB Revis, Cro, Wilson, Leon McFadden, Lancaster
    Our strongest area. Revis or Cro is likely gone but for the sake of this I am leaving them in. I can see a mid/late round CB drafted only because one of them will likely be gone though. I like Lancaster, Donnie Fletcher, and Berry so even that is hard for me to admit. McFadden though will be great value in mid/late rounds

S Landry, Bush, Allen, Bell
    Hoping we can kick Smith and promote Allen but otherwise stand pat.

ST Rob Bironas, Malone, Purdum,
    We need to stick with a P for more then a year or 2 so bring Malone back but find a viable K already. Folk is OK but Rob is much better. Purdum yeah whatever. If we have a shop at a good BU C in the draft maybe replace him but I really don't have a complaint here. I'd just like to see Caleb back at G next year.
    Sounds like a terrible team still...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    That just goes to prove how little we have to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Dont know what to say to that. We really don't have the cap next year for a rebuild so your out of luck I guess. I like the youth we have so to me that looks pretty good in one of those QBs actually can play average ball.

edit I honestly think that may cost too much for us lol

As stated, I think this is a bit SOJF to think we need this much change. We don't.
    The only SOJF thinking is that you just draft the "Best Available," or "highest rated" QB in any particular year.

I don't know if you realized, but it's much better to stink continuously until you can get a Luck or RG3.

Taking best available without looking at upcoming draft classes or prior one's and comparing a QB prospect not just to his class but to the projected following years' or prior years' is what bad GM's do.

I know there's always a chance to bust, but you in many cases will end up with Mark Sanchez, Akili Smith, or others in that vein if you take best available instead of an actual franchise QB.

In most cases you will be better off signing a game manager type like Orton or Campbell than glue your team to "the best available" for 5 years like Sanchez. I'd take Matt Moore in many of those cases.

So far, I can say that from what I have seen: Gino Smith looks to be a true stud. Beyond him, I wouldn't draft a QB outside of Manziel in two years.

Barkley is from USC and that's an immediate flag. You don't draft USC QB's.

Hell it's hard to substantiate a lot PAC-12 QB's overall. Luck's the first hit from the PAC-12 in some time.

Now go ahead and flame me, but before you do, please understand that my point is to say that the timeline for drafting a QB isn't based on a team's needs or a team's timeline. It's based on very strong assumptions by somebody with half a brain who won't draft the first QB they see available to them. They will manipulate draft pick trades to INSURE that they can get into position to do so when a player of a Luck/Griffin/Stafford/Manning caliber is available they can grab them.

I stick by my signature though. This is a 5-6 year rebuild. Clowney's by far the best prospect coming out at any position over the next two years, barring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Hey! It's all good.

BTW, notice I didn't say anything bad about the skit because Chappelle is da bomb!
    I know! I miss Chappelle. And Charlie Murphy too.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    The only SOJF thinking is that you just draft the "Best Available," or "highest rated" QB in any particular year.

I don't know if you realized, but it's much better to stink continuously until you can get a Luck or RG3.

Taking best available without looking at upcoming draft classes or prior one's and comparing a QB prospect not just to his class but to the projected following years' or prior years' is what bad GM's do.

I know there's always a chance to bust, but you in many cases will end up with Mark Sanchez, Akili Smith, or others in that vein if you take best available instead of an actual franchise QB.

In most cases you will be better off signing a game manager type like Orton or Campbell than glue your team to "the best available" for 5 years like Sanchez. I'd take Matt Moore in many of those cases.

So far, I can say that from what I have seen: Gino Smith looks to be a true stud. Beyond him, I wouldn't draft a QB outside of Manziel in two years.

Barkley is from USC and that's an immediate flag. You don't draft USC QB's.

Hell it's hard to substantiate a lot PAC-12 QB's overall. Luck's the first hit from the PAC-12 in some time.

Now go ahead and flame me, but before you do, please understand that my point is to say that the timeline for drafting a QB isn't based on a team's needs or a team's timeline. It's based on very strong assumptions by somebody with half a brain who won't draft the first QB they see available to them. They will manipulate draft pick trades to INSURE that they can get into position to do so when a player of a Luck/Griffin/Stafford/Manning caliber is available they can grab them.

I stick by my signature though. This is a 5-6 year rebuild. Clowney's by far the best prospect coming out at any position over the next two years, barring injury.
    Barkley is a better prospect then Stafford was sorry you lost me there. This is a good draft to take a QB. This isn't 2 years ago when QBs like Ponder and Gabbert are being pushed as blue chip prospects. There is actually 3 or even 4 QBs here with 1st round value. If you waiting for a Luck to drop in your lap that is a long wait for a bus that never shows up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    worst thing to happen to this franchise is Tim Tebow. nothing against the guy, but he isn't even good enough to be a backup.... I just don't get some peoples infatuation with this guy. He cannot play QB in a traditional NFL offense.
    and you know this, how? The guy has not played for us as a QB for an extended period of time. He had no training camp last year and still took a 1 and 5 team to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh.

I think you are being a SUCKCHEZ fan and forgot about being a team fan! You attack Tebow to cover the sickening play of your idol. Wake up and smell the roses pally!

If you know so much about Tebow and what he can or can not do, apply for TANNYBUM's job asap! The Jets need you! I am a Jets fan and do not care one iota about who our QB is as long as we win! Err we are not winning at this time. Have you bothered to notice that?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and you know this, how? The guy has not played for us as a QB for an extended period of time. He had no training camp last year and still took a 1 and 5 team to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh.

I think you are being a SUCKCHEZ fan and forgot about being a team fan! You attack Tebow to cover the sickening play of your idol. Wake up and smell the roses pally!

If you know so much about Tebow and what he can or can not do, apply for TANNYBUM's job asap! The Jets need you! I am a Jets fan and do not care one iota about who our QB is as long as we win! Err we are not winning at this time. Have you bothered to notice that?
    You are right, I don't know. I am sort of basing what I am saying on the fact that Tim Tebow IS a back up QB for the New York Jets. In no way did I attack Tim Tebow... Lol.

I simply said, that Tim Tebow is by far what the Jets needed. He does not fit. You will not find to many people here or anywhere that think he fits this team. I as well want the best QB to play and win. Tebow is not good enough to start. If he was, he would. If you think Rex is just starting Sanchez for no reason, you are really stupid.

News flash "pally", Tim Tebow is not good! For gods sakes, I wish he was, but he isn't. It shocks me that you can't see this. You apparently have no clue. It's just that simple. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need matt moore here. Sign him on the cheap in the offseason and give him the starting job. That should be our #1 priority this offseason. Stabalizing the qb position with a veteren. Then find a guy in the draft to groom. And make sanchez head clipboard operator until next year when we can get rid of him.
    Holy Christ, not Moore.

revis for a 2 and a 3???? cmon!