Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A rebuild scenario

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What about EJ Manuel? Of course, whoever we draft, we need to immediately put on IR till the end of 2013. That way Rex and company dont mess him up. Our salary cap crisis is over after next season. That way we may be more attractive to an incoming GM and HC.

Looking at Manuel, he has improved dramatically ove rthe course of two seasons. Maybe Ive been blinded by the terrible QB mess that we have dealt with over the last decade shy of one year of Favre, but I think Manuel has a lower bust facter than both Wilson and Bray.
    Watching Manuel today, I don't want him. We already have the mexican version. Fumbling in a big spot and giving up up a huge sack because he held the ball too long. Small sampling, but I don't want another project. There is really not much hope for this team for a few years so I guess its time to just blow up everything and suck for years and stockpile top 3 talent for years. Geez, Tanny has screwed this team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    Watching Manuel today, I don't want him. We already have the mexican version. Fumbling in a big spot and giving up up a huge sack because he held the ball too long. Small sampling, but I don't want another project. There is really not much hope for this team for a few years so I guess its time to just blow up everything and suck for years and stockpile top 3 talent for years. Geez, Tanny has screwed this team.
    Agreed that Manuel is far froma perfect prospect. But he is more accurate than Wilson or Bray. Of course, with all of the knocks on Geno Smith, he is still completing 70% of his passes.

That said, Manuel is more accurate a passer than Sanchez so there still is a chance that he could develop. Being a second rounder, there would be no pressure to play right away.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Didn't Cam Newton, RG3, and Andrew Luck have winning college records?

That theory can never be proved or disproved unless we can take an excellent adventure back in time.

I didn't know that. That's pitiful. I don't know if he was being realistic or just has no fire.

Thanks for engaging in a fair convo with me. I get tired of Tebow being treated like the plague. At least your arguments are fact-based and not based on "feelings" LOL.
    Basically what I was saying

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Cutting Smith will not save the team 12 million, it is an option bonus that the team would have to pay in addition to what they are paying now for the player, that won't happen, but I would bet the team will try to bring him back with a restructure of his deal or a new deal.

I stopped reading when you suggested we should only expect a 2nd and a 3rd for Revis. LOL
    Check Jason's sight....it is a full $12 million in savings.

And Ray, you're drinking the Kool-Aid again if you think we are getting multiple first round picks for Revis. It just isn't happening, and a 2nd and 3rd is better than a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Check Jason's sight....it is a full $12 million in savings.

And Ray, you're drinking the Kool-Aid again if you think we are getting multiple first round picks for Revis. It just isn't happening, and a 2nd and 3rd is better than a #1.
    I would take a absolutely take a 1 over a 2 and 3 (assuming the gap between the 1 and 2 is large enough)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Cutting Smith will not save the team 12 million, it is an option bonus that the team would have to pay in addition to what they are paying now for the player, that won't happen, but I would bet the team will try to bring him back with a restructure of his deal or a new deal.

I stopped reading when you suggested we should only expect a 2nd and a 3rd for Revis. LOL
    I'm not sure what your point is here about Smith. I'm sure, like most of us, he uses Jason's NYJetsCap page (linked so everyone can see it, if necessary). Smith is scheduled to make $12M next year, if the Jets cut him, it will be $0.

The way I see it, the Jets have the following situation:

CURRENT CAP COST OF PLAYERS 2013: $142M
    2013 CAP INCLUDING Jets carryover $ ~$130M (Rough Estimate)

Assumed Cuts:

Smith, Jason (Savings: $12M) - (Dead Cap Cost: 0)
    Pace, Calvin (Savings: $8.56M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $3M)
    Scott, Bart (Savings: $7.15M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $1.5M)
    Pouha, Sione (Savings: $3.8M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $2.3M)
    Smith, Eric (Savings: $3M) - (Dead Cap Cost: 0)
    Tebow, Tim (Savings: $1.5M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $1.05M)

2013 Cost with Cuts:

$105M

Total Players on roster 35. The Jets needs to spend $25 Million (roughly) for 18 players, this includes 9 starters (who may be resigned)

Shonn Greene
    Dustin Keller
    Brandon Moore
    Laron Landry
    Mike DeVito
    Yeremiah Bell
    Matt Slauson
    Nick Folk
    Chaz Schilens
    Austin Howard
    Bryan Thomas

This is the bottom line. The Jets banked on having a serious increase of salary cap money in 2012/2013 and beyond. When that didn't happen, they were put in salary cap hell. That reason alone is why the GM needs to go. The Jets were woefully unprepared for a scenario where the salary cap did not go up.

Anyone who thinks the Jets don't need to rebuild in 2013 have not looked at how dire the salary cap situation really is.

Of the list of players above, I would only resign Landry, Bell, Folk and maybe Howard. I would let everyone else walk. I hate the way this team is constructed. We have very little starting talent and even less depth. We are five good drafts from being a contender again.

Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    Of the list of players above, I would only resign Landry, Bell, Folk and maybe Howard. I would let everyone else walk. I hate the way this team is constructed. We have very little starting talent and even less depth. We are five good drafts from being a contender again.
    That's great.

Again... $25M, 9 starters. It's going to be super tight. Also, 5 drafts is silly, that's an entire team. 1 Good QB, 1 good RB, and 1 more good WR and the Jets are fine... 2 good drafts and the Jets are in great shape, because they are so far under the cap come 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That's great.

Again... $25M, 9 starters. It's going to be super tight. Also, 5 drafts is silly, that's an entire team. 1 Good QB, 1 good RB, and 1 more good WR and the Jets are fine... 2 good drafts and the Jets are in great shape, because they are so far under the cap come 2014.
    I agree with the post but where does the 25mill come from? Don't forget 6 mill is alloacated from the 122mill cap for rookies

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That's great.

We should look at next year as the year to clean up Tanny's mess. Eat any contracts we can, take all the hits necessary, sign young talented players but be ready to completely begin the rebuilding process in 2014

All League
    Here's what i think if anyone cares:
    1) major retooling....most of the guys listed in this thread as being gone/traded....yeah i agree with most
    2) trading revis....eh...he would bring value of course, but i'm one of those guys that has seen many a good/great player leave the jets and then have long and prosperous careers elsewhere whilst we suck eggs in the position that player just vacated
    3) let tebow play...so EVERYONE can see that he sucks as a QB, then get rid of him for a cheeseburger
    4) i've been essentially miserable as a jets fan for a long long time...so whats another 2-3 years...rebuild if thats what you want to call it
    5) tanny can go...he effed up this past offseason and then some...we have little talent and zero depth
    6) keep rex. it's not his fault we suck.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    So the cap according to 2 owners will be 122 mill next year. The jets are 20 mill over the cap right now. They have 4 mill to carry over from this year. so that means they have to cut 14 mill just to get to the 122mil number. Your saying you can get them to 94mill for 28 mill of cap space.

140 mil
    -12 Smith
    128mill
    - 8.5 Pace
    119.5mill
    - 7.1 Scott
    - 3.0 Eric Smith
    - 3.8 Pouha
    - 1.5 Tebow
    104.1 total cap $ allocated

122 mil cap
    + 4 mil carryover from 2012
    126 mil total cap
    - 6 mill for the rookies
    120.mill cap figure
    - 104.1 allocated
    15.9 mill of cap space left.

This leaves 33 players on the roster after FA, the 6 players cut and Tebow being traded. You have to have 53 players on your roster June 1st and be under the 122,000 cap.

I now have the jets with 15.9 mill of cap space. You said that you can find another 12 mill,to make 28 mil total. Please share it with us. If you figure every single one of the 7 draft choices make the team you need to sign 13 more players to get to the 53 man roster. The minimum salary for a rookie is 405,000.

The minimum tender amount is now 1.8 mill there is no more 1 mill tender.
    A Harris rework will save 5 mil trading Tebow not cutting him his WHOLE deal is movable because he doesn't have a signing bonus. Crap like Berry and McElroy. I love how you nickle and dime a few mil here and there to make it look less but you know your wrong. 4 mil carryover instead of the 5 I keep hearing. Making up a higher rookie tenure. lol Howard is not going to be that much to tenure we could sign him cheaper. The Tebow contract. It is not going to take more then 11 mill to resign our FA we want back. To me I read your posts and you are either deliberately being a pest or are just clueless. Resign 8 draft 8. = 51 players. After resigning FA and the draft we will have a full roster and a min of 9 mil to still improve the team. Live with it you troll. Yeah I projected more then that but not much. Your telling me this team does nothing else to make space? You have been owned here live with it and stop posting fake numbers.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 11-25-2012 at 04:36 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    A Harris rework will save 5 mil trading Tebow not cutting him his WHOLE deal is movable because he doesn't have a signing bonus. Crap like Berry and McElroy. I love how you nickle and dime a few mil here and there to make it look less but you know your wrong. 4 mil carryover instead of the 5 I keep hearing. Making up a higher rookie tenure. lol Howard is not going to be that much to tenure we could sign him cheaper. The Tebow contract. It is not going to take more then 11 mill to resign our FA we want back. To me I read your posts and you are either deliberately being a pest or are just clueless. Resign 8 draft 8. = 51 players. After resigning FA and the draft we will have a full roster and a min of 9 mil to still improve the team. Live with it you troll. Yeah I projected more then that but not much. Your telling me this team does nothing else to make space? You have been owned here live with it and stop posting fake numbers.
    OFTLOGM.....let it go. Your numbers are wrong. You have not owned anyone. We are not even CLOSE at the money you think we have. It has been explained multiple times. Go to Jason's sight for proof. Copy and paste and explain how you are getting over $40 million in savings. It is all there; exactly how much we are over the cap, and what we will save with the cuts we have mentioned.

There is NO way we should renegotiate with Harris. It is doing just this that gets us into trouble in the first place.

IF we trade Tebow, we would save $1.5 million, but lose a $1 in dead money.

The jets actually have 5.6 mill as a carry over. However Landry has incentives of 100,000 per game which will go against that. (1.6 mill total)
    Also, the jets practice squad players only get paid 5,000 per game which is accounted for. However when they get activated they now get 25,000 per game for the rest of the year. likewise Muir, Kahil Bell, Berry just between those three guys they are going to earn a million which will be taken from the 5.6 mill.

While Tebow does not have a Signing bonus per se, the jets were as part of the trade with the Denver the jets had to give Denver a rebate of money that Denver fronted Tebow against future earning (remember the whole Tanny didn't read the contract thing) That money is on the cap regardless of if he is traded, unless you can get the new team to absorb it. As Denver got the Jets to do.

Yes you "could" sign Howard cheaper than the tender if it is not offered, but he would then become a be a FA and able to shop his services and you would have to compete.

I am not posting fake numbers go on jason's page. He even has a new article today with pretty much my same numbers.

Yes you can extend Harris and save 5 mill and pay him big bucks when he is 32 years old. What if a new staff comes in and wants to go to a 4-3, that means you will be paying harris all that money to be a 2 down run stuffer.
    A lot of jet fans are concerned that harris already slowing down and is a liability against the pass in a 3-4. In a 4-3 this will be magnified.

In no post did I ever say the jets were in "cap hell". They are in a hard place in a year that they have lots of holes and little money. I also pointed out that it would cost more cap dollars to trade Revis than to keep him next year.
    Do you know that if he leaves as a FA in 2014 the jets still get a cap charge of 6mill? Tanny is a genius.

For rookie min salaries please ref this quote, when I said 405,000 I was light by 75,0000 it is going to be 480,000 next year.

As for the type of salary NFL rookies can expect to earn under their contracts, Slough noted that rookies receive “minimum salaries under the CBA.” This season, the minimum salary is $390,000.00. In 2013, this year’s rookies can expect to earn $480,000.00 in salary. In 2014, they’ll earn $570,000.00 in salary.

The jets actually have 5.6 mill as a carry over. However Landry has incentives of 100,000 per game which will go against that. (1.6 mill total)
    Also, the jets practice squad players only get paid 5,000 per game which is accounted for. However when they get activated they now get 25,000 per game for the rest of the year. likewise Muir, Kahil Bell, Berry just between those three guys they are going to earn a million which will be taken from the 5.6 mill.
    Going by the cap page Landry's max against the cap is only 3.5mil. He is already listed at 2,625,000. Anther .9mil yeah OK. The PS numbers are already projected in and if some one gets activated it usually means someone else gets cut. That 5.6 mil isn't going to dwindle down unless they do something rash like sign a better QB. lol oh the . So yeah project 4-5 mil in carryover. But yes it could be less but also it could be more if they just start cutting people at the end of the year as well. I am still shocked Eric Smith is on the team making like 180k a game. Your just assuming the worst which isn't likely the case. I think they will be more likely to dump salaries at the end of the year then add them really.

While Tebow does not have a Signing bonus per se, the jets were as part of the trade with the Denver the jets had to give Denver a rebate of money that Denver fronted Tebow against future earning (remember the whole Tanny didn't read the contract thing) That money is on the cap regardless of if he is traded, unless you can get the new team to absorb it. As Denver got the Jets to do.
    If someone wants him then they will be willing to pay. He is making good BU money and for a team that thinks they can use him I don't see that as an issue. Yeah stupid of Tanny but so was letting Stanton go IMO. The question is do we actually get anything back or is all we want the cap. He just doesn't fit the needs of this team would be much better off in Oakland or Pitts who has an established older QB he can sit behind as a BU only.

Yes you "could" sign Howard cheaper than the tender if it is not offered, but he would then become a be a FA and able to shop his services and you would have to compete.
    Even if you tenure a guy you can always offer him a deal. This is the 1st I am hearing of an 1.8 mil tenure which is absurd IMO. In FA no one is going to offer him that in a year. For that we can get a better player. Let him hit FA then we can sign someone for under 1.5 that has his ability. He is a bottom 10 RT right now.

I am not posting fake numbers go on jason's page. He even has a new article today with pretty much my same numbers.
    I read the cap page every week. thanks I just don't see why you keep saying we don't have the money to sign 4 or 5 FA to improve. I didn't project a lot and none are going to be high paid talent. Most of which are just cheap old or injured options. lol

Yes you can extend Harris and save 5 mill and pay him big bucks when he is 32 years old. What if a new staff comes in and wants to go to a 4-3, that means you will be paying harris all that money to be a 2 down run stuffer.
    A lot of jet fans are concerned that harris already slowing down and is a liability against the pass in a 3-4. In a 4-3 this will be magnified.
    You don't need to pay him big bucks. He is going to make 15 mil min over the next 2 years from us alone. He will make 5 mill in FA next year easy. The question people need to ask is if it is worth keeping him that 2nd year for that 5 mil In which case your committing 20mil already. Give him a 1 mil raise next year and 2 more years a 7 mil and make a majority of his bonus in the 1st 2 years. Not rocket science. He makes his 20 mil after 2 years if you cut him. At worst you take a 4 mil hit 2 years from now at best he is still a good player you already have on the roster.

In no post did I ever say the jets were in "cap hell". They are in a hard place in a year that they have lots of holes and little money. I also pointed out that it would cost more cap dollars to trade Revis than to keep him next year.
    Do you know that if he leaves as a FA in 2014 the jets still get a cap charge of 6mill? Tanny is a genius.
    You never said cap hell but you said we couldn't afford the old and/or injured FA I added to the roster. Sorry if I misread what you said but you where making it sound like cap hell. In reality it is still better then the cap we had last year. And we added some good talent last year regardless. I actually like the direction the team is moving because we are actually getting younger.

The biggest difference is we know we need a QB for sure (god I hope) This year. Yeah that 6 mil is a sting in the butt IMO. That deal screamed AROD deal to me day 1. Which is why I have called Revis the WC of our cap from day one. I really don't see us carting out 22 mil in CBs next year in all honesty. I am just not sure which one will be traded. Either way by 2014 all these bad deals will be off the books. We have room to move some money and with really only one franchise player in 2014 making big money we DO have room to sign younger talent long term and not take a big hit next year. If a Philip Wheeler or Spencer is out there I just don't think we can't come up with a good long term deal for them. I don't think either will be looking at buku dollars in FA. We can make cap room on this team to do it is all I am trying to say. We need to find an average vet OLB is all. Giving Thomas a 1.8 mil deal just isn't doing it next year.

For rookie min salaries please ref this quote, when I said 405,000 I was light by 75,0000 it is going to be 480,000 next year.

As for the type of salary NFL rookies can expect to earn under their contracts, Slough noted that rookies receive “minimum salaries under the CBA.” This season, the minimum salary is $390,000.00. In 2013, this year’s rookies can expect to earn $480,000.00 in salary. In 2014, they’ll earn $570,000.00 in salary.
    Yeah your going to see a lot of 400-500k salaries on this team next year. I don't see that as a bad thing. If I have stressed anything over the last few years it is this team needs to blanket the draft more. build up on 5th and 6th rounder and build a team for a change. I don't think you will see us add any big money players really. Non of our FA are going to be making big money in FA and no one I project to us is worth a whole lot.

Going by the cap page Landry's max against the cap is only 3.5mil. He is already listed at 2,625,000. Anther .9mil yeah OK. The PS numbers are already projected in and if some one gets activated it usually means someone else gets cut. That 5.6 mil isn't going to dwindle down unless they do something rash like sign a better QB. lol oh the . So yeah project 4-5 mil in carryover. But yes it could be less but also it could be more if they just start cutting people at the end of the year as well. I am still shocked Eric Smith is on the team making like 180k a game. Your just assuming the worst which isn't likely the case. I think they will be more likely to dump salaries at the end of the year then add them really.

Yes according to Jason it will only be 875,000 and not 1.6 mill
    Anybody on the roster on the friday before the 1st game of the year has his contract guaranteed for the full year. So if he gets cut the jets stilll need to pay him. so cutting a player has no cap benefit. if a player is signed anytime after that friday, it is treated as a weekly contract at the vet min for the years of service. Those players can be cut and cap savings obtained.
    what you are thinking off went out with the old CBA. All the money paid to Sapp, Muir, Bell and Berry will now count against the caryover,

If someone wants him then they will be willing to pay. He is making good BU money and for a team that thinks they can use him I don't see that as an issue. Yeah stupid of Tanny but so was letting Stanton go IMO. The question is do we actually get anything back or is all we want the cap. He just doesn't fit the needs of this team would be much better off in Oakland or Pitts who has an established older QB he can sit behind as a BU only.

Why you even think they will be any interest in Tebow is beyond me. The Jets ruined any value he may have had. If cut, he will latch on but nobody
    is going to pay him his contracted 2.5 mill a year.

Even if you tenure a guy you can always offer him a deal. This is the 1st I am hearing of an 1.8 mil tenure which is absurd IMO. In FA no one is going to offer him that in a year. For that we can get a better player. Let him hit FA then we can sign someone for under 1.5 that has his ability. He is a bottom 10 RT right now.

I disagree, the jets could not find anyone last year, the guy might be a bottom 10 starter but with only 12 games starting under his belt he has some upside. I can see him getting 3 years and 5mil total. The pats pay backup olineman more than that in the past.

I read the cap page every week. thanks I just don't see why you keep saying we don't have the money to sign 4 or 5 FA to improve. I didn't project a lot and none are going to be high paid talent. Most of which are just cheap old or injured options. lol

Darren McFadden is being paid over 6mill a year.
    Leftwhich is getting paid over 1 mill
    Keller will want at least 2/3rds of what Hernadez got say 4.5 a year. with 8 mill bonus
    Cribs makes 6.5 a year now
    Anthony Spenser will get at least 5m per year he was tagged at 8.5 this year.
    Landry will get a lot of play in FA. Remember Nelson, who is a little more than a scrub got 4 years 19 mill last year. Landy is playing close to pro-bowl level

You don't need to pay him big bucks. He is going to make 15 mil min over the next 2 years from us alone. He will make 5 mill in FA next year easy. The question people need to ask is if it is worth keeping him that 2nd year for that 5 mil In which case your committing 20mil already. Give him a 1 mil raise next year and 2 more years a 7 mil and make a majority of his bonus in the 1st 2 years. Not rocket science. He makes his 20 mil after 2 years if you cut him. At worst you take a 4 mil hit 2 years from now at best he is still a good player you already have on the roster.

your just borrowing money agai
    n.

You never said cap hell but you said we couldn't afford the old and/or injured FA I added to the roster. Sorry if I misread what you said but you where making it sound like cap hell. In reality it is still better then the cap we had last year. And we added some good talent last year regardless. I actually like the direction the team is moving because we are actually getting younger.

Of course your getting younger, you got 17 players to replace

The biggest difference is we know we need a QB for sure (god I hope) This year. Yeah that 6 mil is a sting in the butt IMO. That deal screamed AROD deal to me day 1. Which is why I have called Revis the WC of our cap from day one. I really don't see us carting out 22 mil in CBs next year in all honesty. I am just not sure which one will be traded. Either way by 2014 all these bad deals will be off the books. We have room to move some money and with really only one franchise player in 2014 making big money we DO have room to sign younger talent long term and not take a big hit next year. If a Philip Wheeler or Spencer is out there I just don't think we can't come up with a good long term deal for them. I don't think either will be looking at buku dollars in FA. We can make cap room on this team to do it is all I am trying to say. We need to find an average vet OLB is all. Giving Thomas a 1.8 mil deal just isn't doing it next year.

I dont see the jets signing any deal for an outside guy for that amount. Again, what if a new coach wants to go 4-3, where do you play spenser,
    sure he can line up as a DE but you will not get that kind of value.
    Yes, the jets will have a lot of flexibilty in 2014, why limit it by signings in 2013 that wont have you competing for the SB anyway. You take the hit,
    play kids and then address the needs in 2014

Yeah your going to see a lot of 400-500k salaries on this team next year. I don't see that as a bad thing. If I have stressed anything over the last few years it is this team needs to blanket the draft more. build up on 5th and 6th rounder and build a team for a change. I don't think you will see us add any big money players really. Non of our FA are going to be making big money in FA and no one I project to us is worth a whole lot.
    I don't know what you mean by big Money, but Landry will easily get 5mill, Keller 4, Slauson 2.5-3mill,
    Last edited by patman; 11-25-2012 at 11:58 PM.

I agree with the post but where does the 25mill come from? Don't forget 6 mill is alloacated from the 122mill cap for rookies
    It's a rough statement, because you have to assume that some of the rookie money would be used to draft guys that could start right away, furthermore some players on the roster already may become starters, thus the guys that the Jets sign will be 48-53 on the roster.

I don't know what you mean by big Money, but Landry will easily get 5mill, Keller 4, Slauson 2.5-3mill,
    Landry isn't worth that much. If he wants more then 4 year 18 mill I'll pass. He isn't worth more then that. He is average S talent IMO. Nor is Keller. I honestly wouldn't give him more then 3 mil a year at this point. TEs are a dime a doses he is no gem. I still say drafting TEs in the 1st is the biggest waste of a 1st rounder anyone can do. I don't want Slauson back he has been horrid actually. Moore will be cheaper and is better. We can resign Moore, Landry, Keller, Bell, and Howard and make it a very min cap hit in 2013 IMO. None of those guys will be anywhere near the top in FA. Even Landry to me looks like the 6th best S up for FA. Jairus Byrd right now looks like a better. Jets fans are over valuing these guys IMO. I'll be shocked if any of them actually gets a big pay day. If they do that team is up for disappointment.

This is all useless however without a viable QB. Which yeah we do not have the money to sign one. Even if we draft a QB why bother IMO we will still need one year to groom him. We aren't winning a SB next year so my whole thing is build a team for long term. I could care less if ever spot on the roster was filled with a 500k guy. Without that future QB there isn't much to hope for outside of anther 8-8 season.

Landry isn't worth that much. If he wants more then 4 year 18 mill I'll pass. He isn't worth more then that. He is average S talent IMO. Nor is Keller. I honestly wouldn't give him more then 3 mil a year at this point. TEs are a dime a doses he is no gem. I still say drafting TEs in the 1st is the biggest waste of a 1st rounder anyone can do. I don't want Slauson back he has been horrid actually. Moore will be cheaper and is better. We can resign Moore, Landry, Keller, Bell, and Howard and make it a very min cap hit in 2013 IMO. None of those guys will be anywhere near the top in FA. Even Landry to me looks like the 6th best S up for FA. Jairus Byrd right now looks like a better. Jets fans are over valuing these guys IMO. I'll be shocked if any of them actually gets a big pay day. If they do that team is up for disappointment.
    The pay for safeties has exploded over the past few years. You want to pay Landry the same money as Nelson got last year, he is not going to sign for that. He went to the jets for a 1 year 4 mill contract to reclaim his value. he has done so. He is probably the most consistent game in game out performer for the jets on D after Cro.

You think Slauson is worse than Moore, I think if you put a poll up you would be in the minority.

Keller will not sign long term for less money that what the pats gave Daniel Fells,

Bell and Moore I agree with, both of these guys are 1.5 a year guys, but it will just be a one year band aid. Are you thinking that the jets are going to odds on to go to the playoffs next year?

I know they wont be at the top in comp, but they will get market Value, If you think Atlanta wont offer more than 3 mill a year for Keller with Gonsalez retiring, your very mistaken. Keller (besides Witten) will be the most sort after TE, and i don't see Witten leaving.

You want to pay 3 mill your looking at Bennett, Watson or Shinacoe.