Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 123

Thread: A rebuild scenario

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Are you kidding? You still trust Rex's judgment at this point? You think his stubborn commitment to Sanchez is logical? Or maybe you just "feel" Sanchez is better than his backups?

    Both Tebow AND McElroy had more successful college careers than "the Golden one" and should be given a chance with this team. Tebow had a successful season last year in the NFL with a better record than assclown. He is tough and played for YOU last week even though his ribs were broken.

    You say Tebow doesn't fit with this team? Maybe cuz he's not a loser. YOU have no clue as you haven't seen either Tebow OR McElroy play a game for the Jets yet you dismiss them out of hand.
    I don't know what part of "Tebow sucks as a QB" you morons don't get. Sanchez is better than Tebow. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be starting. It's just that simple. I can't believe some of you people are even making this a discussion. The guy just isn't good. If you are so smart, tell me why hasn't he started to this point? If you honestly believe Rex is starting mark over Tim because he plays favorites, then you are really stupid. Rex is trying to save his job. If he thought Tim Tebow was a better option, he would be starting.

    I'm not saying that Mark is good, but what I am saying is that he is a lot better than Tebow. Last year he took a team with no other option at QB to the playoffs. Yes, congrats! He did it with a great Defense, knowing that he didnt have to put up to many points to win. All he had to do was manage the offense. The Jets Do not have a defense to do this.

    Let me reiterate this for all you knuckleheads: I am not a Sanchez sympathizer. I just believe he gives the jets the best chance to win. Plain and simple.

  2. #62
    Earth to JetsBourgh - All Tebow or McElroy have to do to beat Sanchez is protect the ball and complete 50% of their passes. Our defense is adequate.

    Don't worry, I'll write a good eugoogley for you when Mark loses this walk-off.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,405
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Are you kidding? You still trust Rex's judgment at this point? You think his stubborn commitment to Sanchez is logical? Or maybe you just "feel" Sanchez is better than his backups?

    Both Tebow AND McElroy had more successful college careers than "the Golden one" and should be given a chance with this team. Tebow had a successful season last year in the NFL with a better record than assclown. He is tough and played for YOU last week even though his ribs were broken.

    You say Tebow doesn't fit with this team? Maybe cuz he's not a loser. YOU have no clue as you haven't seen either Tebow OR McElroy play a game for the Jets yet you dismiss them out of hand.
    Having success in college doesn't mean dick.

    Matt Leinart is probably one of the Top 5 greatest college QB's in history. Hell, Tebow might even be the GOAT.

    Doesn't mean anything.

    There isn't a QB on our roster that has a future as a starter in this league.

    Ride out this Sanchez debacle for the rest of the season to insure a Top 5 draft pick.

    I could care less about winning 2-3 more meaningless games this season that would only serve to move us out of position to draft a bluechip prospect.

    It's all about cleaning house and focusing on the draft at this point.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Nah is is doable just cutting it close. Say 26-28 mil on FA which is doable. We can pull that it just doesn't leave a lot left over. But Spencer is a pipe dream. More then likely we end up with a much lesser vet on the other end. Other then that it is a viable scenario.
    No it is not. Do the math. After cutting Scott, the smith bros, and pace the team is 11 mill under the cap. After paying incentives the jets will rollover about 4 mill from this years cap. That give you 15 mill. Picking around 6-10 the jets will be required by the league to spend about 6mill on the rookies. that leaves you with 9 mill to spend. you can get another 4 by cutting Pouha, But unless you want to extend Harris into his 30s there is no money there. If all 7 rookies make the team next year the jets will need to fill 10 more slots with that 9 mill.

    And that is not counting tagging the RFAs on the team, or money for a practice squad.

    And now to Revis. No team is going to trade for him before he can get on the field, ACLs for corners are big deals, this guy has never been injured like that before and no one knows how he will come back. I think he will recover fully and some team may be foolish enough to give you draft choices and him a 80 mill contract, but not before he plays. And remember Revis has 9 mill of SB that will need to be accounted for by the jets if he is traded next off season. So there will be no money saved
    off next nexts year cap, and if his 2,00,000 bonus hits in March at the start of the league year, you will lose that 2 mill of cap space.
    Last edited by patman; 11-24-2012 at 11:56 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No it is not. Do the math. After cutting Scott, the smith bros, and pace the team is 11 mill under the cap. After paying incentives the jets will rollover about 4 mill from this years cap. That give you 15 mill. Picking around 6-10 the jets will be required by the league to spend about 6mill on the rookies. that leaves you with 9 mill to spend. you can get another 4 by cutting Pouha, But unless you want to extend Harris into his 30s there is no money there. If all 7 rookies make the team next year the jets will need to fill 10 more slots with that 9 mill.

    And that is not counting tagging the RFAs on the team, or money for a practice squad.
    Check some of our other cap threads up to 30mil is doable for this team so just stop it already. Cap wise we have options your just trying to cause undo panic. That is a very viable scenario. 9 mill lolol wow dude wow.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,559
    Purge the bad contracts, try to accumulate draft picks, hire David Shaw as HC after next season.

  7. #67
    Wow people really think Trading our best player who is in his prime is a good idea.

    LOL

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,405
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Wow people really think Trading our best player who is in his prime is a good idea.

    LOL
    When you have an offense as sh*tastic as ours, yeah.

    There's no damn way that you give a CB franchise QB money, no matter how great he is. That's just f*cking bonkers.

    Some people seem more concerned with bragging about having "the best CB in the league" than they are about improving the team as a whole.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I don't know what part of "Tebow sucks as a QB" you morons don't get. Sanchez is better than Tebow. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be starting. It's just that simple. I can't believe some of you people are even making this a discussion. The guy just isn't good. If you are so smart, tell me why hasn't he started to this point? If you honestly believe Rex is starting mark over Tim because he plays favorites, then you are really stupid. Rex is trying to save his job. If he thought Tim Tebow was a better option, he would be starting.

    I'm not saying that Mark is good, but what I am saying is that he is a lot better than Tebow. Last year he took a team with no other option at QB to the playoffs. Yes, congrats! He did it with a great Defense, knowing that he didnt have to put up to many points to win. All he had to do was manage the offense. The Jets Do not have a defense to do this.

    Let me reiterate this for all you knuckleheads: I am not a Sanchez sympathizer. I just believe he gives the jets the best chance to win. Plain and simple.
    With this jets offensive team as built, Sanchez will give the jets a better chance to win. If the team was remolded for tebow, same personnel- but an offense designed for Tebow, I think the jets would be more competitive with a Tebow centric offense. But It is way to late in the program to change offenses now.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Check some of our other cap threads up to 30mil is doable for this team so just stop it already. Cap wise we have options your just trying to cause undo panic. That is a very viable scenario. 9 mill lolol wow dude wow.
    What do you mean create panic? There is not one thought I was posted that was in any way wrong or any incorrect assumptions made. Look at Jason's page
    and tell me where I am wrong. The jets had to allocate 5 mill last year to rookies and they picked 16(?) With a top 10 pick it will go to at least 6 mill, that was the only assumption that I made.

    Don't laugh, go to Jason's page and do the math. I seen posts where fans say cut his pay in half, yeah like sure guys are going to be lining up to take a 50% pay cut to play on this team. I will wait for you or any other poster to show how wrong I am.
    Last edited by patman; 11-24-2012 at 12:13 PM.

  11. #71
    players like revis harris and others need to restructure to benefit the team. winning games and championships brings endorsements. afterall many of these guys are already set for life as it is.

    there needs to be a change of attitude around here when building a team.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I agree on all those names and more but Barkley is the best USC QB prospect. He is not just USC hype he really is a good QB. If a crap history or other QBs from that college is all you got sorry I just don't see why we should pass if we have a shot. Which quite honestly we don't. No way he makes it down to us regardless. If I listed all the top prospects of the last ten years he'd be in my top 10 easy. No other USC QB has ever gotten any respect from me. That is how much I like his playing style. Go back and watch the games with him and Luck. Those where the best QB battles in ages.
    No he's not. That was Palmer. Palmer was considered the human JUGGS machine.

    Palmer's actually having a decent year thus far, all things considered, but he's not having as good of a year as Luck or RGIII and he's nowhere near Brees, Eli, Peyton, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, or even Stafford.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No it is not. Do the math. After cutting Scott, the smith bros, and pace the team is 11 mill under the cap. After paying incentives the jets will rollover about 4 mill from this years cap. That give you 15 mill. Picking around 6-10 the jets will be required by the league to spend about 6mill on the rookies. that leaves you with 9 mill to spend. you can get another 4 by cutting Pouha, But unless you want to extend Harris into his 30s there is no money there. If all 7 rookies make the team next year the jets will need to fill 10 more slots with that 9 mill.

    And that is not counting tagging the RFAs on the team, or money for a practice squad.

    And now to Revis. No team is going to trade for him before he can get on the field, ACLs for corners are big deals, this guy has never been injured like that before and no one knows how he will come back. I think he will recover fully and some team may be foolish enough to give you draft choices and him a 80 mill contract, but not before he plays. And remember Revis has 9 mill of SB that will need to be accounted for by the jets if he is traded next off season. So there will be no money saved
    off next nexts year cap, and if his 2,00,000 bonus hits in March at the start of the league year, you will lose that 2 mill of cap space.

    For the record after doing the math on that I do come up with exactly 29,06,635 mil in cap space just cutting the players over 500k that don't make my roster and a modest extension for Harris so yes very doable scenario. OK also assuming a Tebow trade. Someone will want him if we do not. Take 6 mil out for Rooks if you want they can find ways to stretch it out more then I can. These #s you keep coming up with are a joke we are not in cap hell. I'll admit not in great shape either but we can make modest moves.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    When you have an offense as sh*tastic as ours, yeah.

    There's no damn way that you give a CB franchise QB money, no matter how great he is. That's just f*cking bonkers.

    Some people seem more concerned with bragging about having "the best CB in the league" than they are about improving the team as a whole.
    its not about bragging its about production. This is a different defense with Revis on the field.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    No he's not. That was Palmer. Palmer was considered the human JUGGS machine.

    Palmer's actually having a decent year thus far, all things considered, but he's not having as good of a year as Luck or RGIII and he's nowhere near Brees, Eli, Peyton, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, or even Stafford.
    I was never big on Palmer but he is an OK pro QB. I really think Barkley has better talent. If that is what Barkley can be I'd take it. He has had some pretty good years and even now still looks OK. It isn't his fault Oakland just has nothing around him.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    First, we can easily afford Revis after the 2013 season. We have $95 M committed which will be at least $25M under the cap. then take into account this figure includes $40 M in contracts that will be cut (Sanchez, Scott, Holmes, Pouha, and Cromartie). We will have around $60 Miliion to rebuild with/resign Revis.
    And then what....lose him to FA when he voids his contract in 2014.
    People need to lose this badge of honor about Revis being the best CB in the league....who cares! Cromartie has been playing pretty damn good at $5 million less a year, and there is some great CB's in this upcoming draft. He could bring the most players in when you need to rebuild. That is how you rebuild.
    We keep Revis, we go nowhere.....

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

    And now to Revis. No team is going to trade for him before he can get on the field, ACLs for corners are big deals, this guy has never been injured like that before and no one knows how he will come back. I think he will recover fully and some team may be foolish enough to give you draft choices and him a 80 mill contract, but not before he plays. And remember Revis has 9 mill of SB that will need to be accounted for by the jets if he is traded next off season. So there will be no money saved
    off next nexts year cap, and if his 2,00,000 bonus hits in March at the start of the league year, you will lose that 2 mill of cap space.
    I think the crow eaten here will taste bad.

    This is not a catastrophic injury. He will be back, and someone will offer picks for him.....guaranteed. If the Jets are smart, they will listen. That is why I have a 2nd and a 3rd for him. If he plays the one year on his contract and is ridiculously bad, you took a shot at a player for a year. If he plays like he can, then someone will open the bank to him.
    Will he garner 2 first round picks? Absolutely not. But a 2nd and a 3rd is not out of the question.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Nah is is doable just cutting it close. Say 26-28 mil on FA which is doable. We can pull that it just doesn't leave a lot left over. But Spencer is a pipe dream. More then likely we end up with a much lesser vet on the other end. Other then that it is a viable scenario.
    Its not....its not even close to possible to sign all those guys.

  19. #79
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    With this jets offensive team as built, Sanchez will give the jets a better chance to win. If the team was remolded for tebow, same personnel- but an offense designed for Tebow, I think the jets would be more competitive with a Tebow centric offense. But It is way to late in the program to change offenses now.
    I would agree with this.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Earth to JetsBourgh - All Tebow or McElroy have to do to beat Sanchez is protect the ball and complete 50% of their passes. Our defense is adequate.

    Don't worry, I'll write a good eugoogley for you when Mark loses this walk-off.
    Um earth to jaxsuzy.... If it was that easy, Tebow would be in. Let me ask you this..... What do you see that apparently the entire organization doesn't?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us